Author Topic: Woof (now various ticket promotions related thread)  (Read 12052 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Woof (now various ticket promotions related thread)
« Reply #100 on: November 04, 2013, 12:28:09 PM »
Well, we know that a consultant got paid something like $50k, we know that gene keady was called very early in the process, we know that oscar is gene's guy, and we know that oscar was hired pretty quickly.

I mean, I feel like it is very reasonable to think that if anyone here is making poor assumptions based off of what we do know and the timing, it is ppl that think we offered a bunch of other ppl before we offered oscar.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2013, 12:29:49 PM »
Well generally speaking, where there's no smoke there's no fire.

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 04, 2013, 12:30:26 PM »
Hey guys, I still happen to think oscar is going to coach this year's squad to a pretty good season!  (Not a parody post.)

:Purple Koolaid:
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 04, 2013, 12:30:53 PM »
they probably count every single ICat and GA combo pass they sold, then the "Victory Ticket Plan". There is no way (in my opinion) there were that many sold for basketball but ICat and GA Combo passes sold out and that = close to 7k tickets.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 04, 2013, 12:31:28 PM »
none of you guys know anything for 100% fact so it's stupid and worthless to even talk about or discuss it. -dax

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 04, 2013, 12:34:55 PM »
none of you guys know anything for 100% fact so it's stupid and worthless to even talk about or discuss it. -dax

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 04, 2013, 12:36:24 PM »

maybe i am and maybe i'm not. either way, you shouldn't have posted that picture because you don't know and are just speculating.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2013, 12:38:49 PM »

maybe i am and maybe i'm not. either way, you shouldn't have posted that picture because you don't know and are just speculating.

I'm only going to accept that if you typed it with conviction and zeal.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2013, 12:40:08 PM »

I'm only going to accept that if you typed it with conviction and zeal.

well i'm not going to tell you if i did or didn't, so it looks like you'll have to delete your post.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 04, 2013, 12:41:40 PM »
I definitely don't think that anyone has lined up to coach here other than Gottlieb and Undy in the recent past.  That said, our AD sat in a hotel room in Dallas and seems to have made three phone calls: 1. to some buddy consultant and asked him how much money he could pass to him during this process, 2. Gene Keady(sp?). and 3. oscar.

There is a big rough ridin' gap in doing what I say should be done and doing what Currie did.  It doesn't take butthurt to think so.

But you're gonna be all butthurt because Currie didn't do what YOU say should have been done :jerk:

Okay 

Yep.  I will do it on the football side if he hires Chuck Weiss to replace bill without being told no by a bunch of other coaches because Chuck one some stuff a long time ago.

But you don't have any idea if he was told no or not by anyone.

Nothing more than what you or anyone else has.  Just a quick timeline and no leaks what so ever about anyone else being offered the job like you often hear during other school's searches.
I recall Currie making a joke at oscar's intro pc that was essentially "you hayseeds wouldn't let me hire Tad Boyd because he was a squawk", did that happen or have I caught the dementia?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 04, 2013, 12:45:00 PM »
Boyle said no.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 04, 2013, 01:49:39 PM »
Hey guys, I still happen to think oscar is going to coach this year's squad to a pretty good season!  (Not a parody post.)

why?  not a parody post either.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 05, 2013, 01:18:08 PM »

why?  not a parody post either.

I hope you're ready to have your mind blown by the inanity of my rationale!  Three words: Past As Precedent.  I tend to believe coaches -- with a significantly large enough track record --tend to continue to perform as they have in the past.  That's why I thought Kruger would win quickly at OU.  Of course, there comes a time when "the game passes a coach by" and winners start to fade, but Weber is too young IMO to fall into that category.

Especially with Chris Lowery on the bench, Weber has been successful.  Overall, his lifetime winning percentage is .676 (.637 in conference).  Assuming we play 32 games before the NIT/NCAA tournament (that number is not set) the math works out to a record of 22-10 (11-7).  That's my prediction.  And I'll take that record for my Khatz.

Weber won bigger than that with others' recruits, and he won bigger than that while at SIU.  And we know he has lost bigger than that, too.  But this seems to be his sweet spot.  I look at his last four seasons at Illinois to be our future, repeated over and over, until he leaves.  And I'm okay with that.  He already coached us to our first title since 1980, so that adds to my level of contentment...
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 05, 2013, 05:52:16 PM »
i'm all for using data to drive our expectations.  but i believe players matter more than coaches.  like wvu last year.  huggins was still a great coach.  but he had fewer talented players than normal, his talent didn't fit together well, and he had little experience.  still a great coach, did not have a pretty good season.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 05, 2013, 05:55:39 PM »
Not sure if it fits in this thread, but attendees at this Friday's chickhoops game will receive FREE BACON!

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 05, 2013, 07:39:16 PM »
Not sure if it fits in this thread, but attendees at this Friday's chickhoops game will receive FREE BACON!

Hmmmm.......maybe I should go   :dunno:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 05, 2013, 07:48:06 PM »
i'm all for using data to drive our expectations.  but i believe players matter more than coaches.  like wvu last year.  huggins was still a great coach.  but he had fewer talented players than normal, his talent didn't fit together well, and he had little experience.  still a great coach, did not have a pretty good season.

i'm all for using data to drive our expectations unless said data doesn't fit my expectation, in which case i'm going to dismiss said data and find a different talking point which supports my expectation.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 05, 2013, 08:38:05 PM »

i'm all for using data to drive our expectations unless said data doesn't fit my expectation, in which case i'm going to dismiss said data and find a different talking point which supports my expectation.

in the case of oscar though, you can make the data support whatever side you want.

gosp used last four years and overall record to extrapolate out what he wanted/thinks.

i on the other hand, would use last five years of his conference record to support what i want/think because who cares about non-con and five is more data than four. that record is 41-49 and sucks donkey dicks.

that is what makes this so fun!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 05, 2013, 09:09:55 PM »
yes, the last thing we would want to do is use his overall record.  instead, it makes way more sense to use arbitrary statistics which fit the agenda of hating oscar. agree 100% go cats.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 05, 2013, 09:18:02 PM »
yes, the last thing we would want to do is use his overall record.  instead, it makes way more sense to use arbitrary statistics which fit the agenda of hating oscar. agree 100% go cats.

so weird. i swear to god he said he was just using his last four years at illinois. wow. go to bed daris.

either way, i'd say it's pretty dumb to just use numbers and not allow some kind of human interpretation of those numbers. oh well time will tell. go ksuuuuu.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2013, 09:19:43 PM »
Forecasting generally involves using current trend.   How many years back current trend is might be hard to determine, although I would say 3 or 4 years seems right. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 05, 2013, 09:30:36 PM »

so weird. i swear to god he said he was just using his last four years at illinois. wow. go to bed daris.

either way, i'd say it's pretty dumb to just use numbers and not allow some kind of human interpretation of those numbers. oh well time will tell. go ksuuuuu.

ok so he said he expects oscar to repeat his last four illinois seasons over and over again at ksu cats and that he's ok w/ it. why didn't he say five? hell i don't know. maybe because it's because oscar went 5-13 in conference that year.

also, he just went .500 in conference in those last four and missed the tourney twice. oh well gosp doesn't care that much about bball i guess. that's his deal though not mine.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 05, 2013, 10:15:17 PM »
i believe players matter more than coaches.

i've been talking that point since before asbury.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2013, 08:19:42 AM »

SportsCenter ?@SportsCenter 3m
It's the next generation of gameday giveaways... Kansas State will give FREE BACON to students who attend Friday's women's basketball game.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2013, 10:04:53 AM »
ok, so this is real?  bacon giveaway?  does this mean they'll be throwin bacon around at the men's game too? ya know with Title IX and whatnot.