Author Topic: GTFOOOF Big East schools....  (Read 5627 times)

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
GTFOOOF Big East schools....
« on: March 08, 2010, 06:03:05 PM »
"I know [DePaul] reached out to Frank Martin before he re-signed with Kansas State," Gottlieb said Monday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "I think what they do is go down and get UTEP's coach. He played at UMass, was an assistant at Memphis and has done a terrific job at UTEP.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/colleges/post/_/id/190/gottlieb-uteps-barbee-likely-depaul-coach

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline The Minister

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: GTFOOOF Big East schools....
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 07:17:13 PM »
 :blush:

or

:curse:

KSU has a coach that other teams want...  :dunno:

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 07:18:59 PM »
Listen to the entire FM presser.  Pretty obvious what happened: Currie "evaluated" Martin until Katz rounded up another offer and flew to MHK to present Currie an ultimatum. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 08:29:35 PM »
Listen to the entire FM presser.  Pretty obvious what happened: Currie "evaluated" Martin until Katz rounded up another offer and flew to MHK to present Currie an ultimatum. 

no.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 08:30:45 PM »
Beating us in the NIT on are home court wasn't enough for those assholes.

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 08:33:50 PM »

no.

yes.   :blank:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 08:39:33 PM »

no.

from the word going around, depaul is not interested in offering a package that is even close to comparable to what kstate put together.  it's also a school where coaches go to die.  they are not a credible threat, and i'm sure that even currie, as stupid as trim thinks he is, knows that.  katz wouldn't have been dumb enough to fly in and wave around a depaul offer, but if he did, currie would have laughed at it.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 09:26:16 PM »

no.

from the word going around, depaul is not interested in offering a package that is even close to comparable to what kstate put together.  it's also a school where coaches go to die.  they are not a credible threat, and i'm sure that even currie, as stupid as trim thinks he is, knows that.  katz wouldn't have been dumb enough to fly in and wave around a depaul offer, but if he did, currie would have laughed at it.

Depaul doesn't have to be the credible threat.  It's merely the one that has gone public of the several that almost certainly exist. 

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 10:14:35 PM »
Hey Depaul! GTFOMF and the Big East.

LOL at you for thinking your big time, this is 2010 not 19whenever the eff you mattered. Conference USA called, they're saving a seat for you.

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 07:47:19 AM »

no.

Depaul doesn't have to be the credible threat.  It's merely the one that has gone public of the several that almost certainly exist. 

DePaul rolled the dice hoping that Frank was pissed at Currie and that no other decent school had come calling for Frank

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 10:53:07 AM »

no.

DePaul rolled the dice hoping that Frank was pissed at Currie and that no other decent school had come calling for Frank

Low risk dice game for them.  Nothing to lose.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 01:21:27 PM »

no.

was thinking the same thing.  don't think they actually rolled the dice, unless they were rolling the dice just for fun.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 01:36:54 PM »

no.

was thinking the same thing.  don't think they actually rolled the dice, unless they were rolling the dice just for fun.

Agree.  Think they may have rolled a Yahtzee, which made them come after Frank.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2010, 02:21:57 AM »
http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=366390&src=289

i may have been wrong on depaul, though i still think it's a bad job.  the number i saw earlier was that they didn't want to go over 900k.  that plus the assistants had to stay.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2010, 08:45:29 AM »

i may have been wrong on depaul, though i still think it's a bad job.  the number i saw earlier was that they didn't want to go over 900k.  that plus the assistants had to stay.

How does 2.5 Million taste??

suck it Depaul

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2010-03-31/sports/ct-spt-0401-around-town--20100331_1_blue-demons-depaul-head-coach-boston-college-coach
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2010, 09:12:33 AM »

suck it Depaul

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2010-03-31/sports/ct-spt-0401-around-town--20100331_1_blue-demons-depaul-head-coach-boston-college-coach

I will never doubt Trim/Jeff again

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2010, 09:24:46 AM »

suck it Depaul

PAY FRANK

Need to go get another shirt frame thing from Hobby Lobby to put a spare* PAY FRANK shirt in my gallery next to my Fire Prince shirt.

*not putting my only one in there; could be needed at any moment

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2010, 09:26:19 AM »

suck it Depaul

PAY FRANK

Need to go get another shirt frame thing from Hobby Lobby to put a spare* PAY FRANK shirt in my gallery next to my Fire Prince shirt.

*not putting my only one in there; could be needed at any moment

We need to warm up the Pay Figgsy/Undy/Greeny/Assy shirts too. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2010, 09:29:47 AM »

CASH FOR STAFF (with Chingon pixel art of their heads right underneath)?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2010, 09:30:44 AM »

Yeah, but I want to make it clear that Dalonte is prolly paid enough :dunno:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2010, 09:33:30 AM »

CASH FOR STAFF*
*Staff not named Dalonte.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2010, 09:36:41 AM »

CASH FOR STAFF*
*Staff not named Dalonte.

Yeah, only pixel heads of the 4 non-Dalontes.

catzacker

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2010, 09:41:35 AM »
How about:

CASH for STAFF

'Te's OK

but like with a dollar sign that has a basketball color to it (like how the stupid basketball powercat had for a while) in the middle of the shirt and the "cash for staff" on the top arching over the dollar sign and the " 'te's ok" arching under the dollar sign?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2010, 10:03:58 AM »
How about:

CASH for STAFF

'Te's OK

but like with a dollar sign that has a basketball color to it (like how the stupid basketball powercat had for a while) in the middle of the shirt and the "cash for staff" on the top arching over the dollar sign and the " 'te's ok" arching under the dollar sign?

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2010, 10:11:47 AM »
_fan has been killing it lately