Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1357726 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: travel thread
« Reply #16350 on: April 16, 2024, 01:54:14 PM »
I guess they cannot comprehend ranch? lol

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16351 on: April 16, 2024, 06:23:33 PM »
Bleu Cheese is probably the last thing I would expect on a "California Burger"

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16352 on: April 16, 2024, 06:25:41 PM »
Bleu Cheese is probably the last thing I would expect on a "California Burger"

Or shrimp, for that matter. Mmmm blue cheese and scrimps.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #16353 on: April 17, 2024, 10:15:17 PM »
staying at the st regis bahia in a couple weeks. wife has spa appointments three days in a row, lmao.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16354 on: April 17, 2024, 10:18:39 PM »
then after state baseball we are going to kauai again. 5 nights at an airbnb in Hanalei and then 6 nights in connecting rooms at the Grand Hyatt. Gonna be so chill guys, after the absolute monster stress and nonstop go of baseball. I mean, relative chill when you have an 8 and 11 year old. but you know, still sort of chill.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16355 on: April 17, 2024, 11:54:26 PM »
then after state baseball we are going to kauai again. 5 nights at an airbnb in Hanalei and then 6 nights in connecting rooms at the Grand Hyatt. Gonna be so chill guys, after the absolute monster stress and nonstop go of baseball. I mean, relative chill when you have an 8 and 11 year old. but you know, still sort of chill.

Have been thinking about a family Hawaii trip.  How many points will I need for connecting rooms at the Grand Hyatt?  Any Marriott properties on the north side worth a crap that I can blow some points on?

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #16356 on: April 18, 2024, 01:18:51 PM »
I'm going to Portland, Maine and Boston over Memorial Day. Taking Amtrak between the two.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16357 on: April 18, 2024, 01:24:51 PM »
Portland, Maine is a bucket list place for me. Keep notes of the cool places so I can get it from you when I go!

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16358 on: April 18, 2024, 01:40:22 PM »
I'm going to Portland, Maine and Boston over Memorial Day. Taking Amtrak between the two.

Do this in ME. https://www.luckycatch.com/

Buy a lobster from them and you walk it to it's death to a restaurant on the dock and eat it.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16359 on: April 18, 2024, 02:05:36 PM »

Have been thinking about a family Hawaii trip.  How many points will I need for connecting rooms at the Grand Hyatt?  Any Marriott properties on the north side worth a crap that I can blow some points on?

shitloads, nope

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16360 on: April 18, 2024, 02:06:25 PM »
Portland, Maine is a bucket list place for me. Keep notes of the cool places so I can get it from you when I go!

portland kicks tons of ass. I stayed at The Press hotel which is a marriott property and was cool AF. eat at Central Provisions.

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16361 on: April 19, 2024, 08:14:33 AM »

portland kicks tons of ass. I stated at The Press hotel which is a marriott property and was cool AF. eat at Central Provisions.

It's crazy that Portland is only 68K and has so much good food and drink. 100% on Central Provisions. The children's museum there is very nice, though you need a car to get to it. But there's more than enough to do in just the downtown area.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16362 on: April 19, 2024, 09:05:16 AM »

Allagash - definitely a northeast/east coast thing, but their wit is lovely. Cool mid-sized brewery.

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16363 on: April 22, 2024, 09:45:00 AM »
My wife just got back and talked up the poutine at a diner called Miss Portland

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16364 on: April 22, 2024, 12:59:41 PM »
I started to type out "Lyon food tour" but then remembered you don't like onions.

I don't think this is what you envisioned, but here is my onion free Lyon food tour.

Day 1 - Smash Burger Joint https://g.co/kgs/4XhHCGh

Excellent, best euroburg thus far.
Burger - 6.5/7
Fries - 6/7

Day 2 - Charpennes Tandoori https://g.co/kgs/pSrJ2Vy

Pretty good!
Chicken Tikka - 6/7
Naan - 4/7 (a little doughy and undercooked)
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16365 on: April 22, 2024, 01:55:57 PM »
I started to type out "Lyon food tour" but then remembered you don't like onions.

I don't think this is what you envisioned, but here is my onion free Lyon food tour.

Day 1 - Smash Burger Joint https://g.co/kgs/4XhHCGh

Excellent, best euroburg thus far.
Burger - 6.5/7
Fries - 6/7

Day 2 - Charpennes Tandoori https://g.co/kgs/pSrJ2Vy

Pretty good!
Chicken Tikka - 6/7
Naan - 4/7 (a little doughy and undercooked)

lmao that's great

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16366 on: April 22, 2024, 01:58:53 PM »
@Spracne I'm on facebook today reading chain emails from the early aughts

For all my friends and family that have never ventured to Dallas, Daalis, or Dallus, here is an aerial view of one of the major mix masters (highways intersecting).
TRUE STORY! Driving in Dallas......
First you must learn to pronounce the city name. It is DAL-LUS, or DAA-LIS depending on if you live inside or outside LBJ Freeway. Next, if your Mapsco is more than a few weeks old, throw it out and buy a new one. If in Denton County and your Mapsco is one-day-old, then it is already obsolete. Forget the traffic rules you learned elsewhere. (Frisco has screwed everything up.) Dallas has its own version of traffic rules... "Hold on and pray." There is no such thing as a dangerous high-speed chase in Dallas . We all drive like that. All directions start with, "Get on Beltline," which has no beginning and no end. (It REALLY DOESN'T!!!) The morning rush hour is from 6 to 10. The evening rush hour is from 3 to 7. Friday's rush hour starts Thursday morning. If you actually stop at a yellow light, you will be rear-ended, cussed out and possibly shot. When you are the first one on the starting line, count to five when the light turns green before going to avoid crashing with all the drivers running the red light in cross-traffic. Construction on Central Expressway is a way of life and a permanent form of entertainment. We had sooo much fun with that, we have added George Bush Freeway and the High Five to the mix. All unexplained sights are explained by the phrase, "Oh, we're in Fort Worth !" If someone actually has his or her turn signal on, it is probably a factory defect.  Car horns are actually "Road Rage" indicators - and remember, it's legal to be armed in Texas .. All old ladies with blue hair in a Mercedes have the right of way. Period. And remember, it's legal to be armed in Texas .. Inwood Road, Plano Road, NW Highway, East Grand, Garland Road, Marsh Lane, Josey Lane, 15th Street, Preston Road all mysteriously change names as you cross intersections (these are only a FEW examples). The perfect example is what is MOSTLY known as Plano Road . On the south end, it is known as Lake Highlands Drive, cross Northwest Highway and it becomes Plano Road, go about 8 miles and it is briefly Greenville Ave, Ave K, and Highway 5. It ends in Sherman ...The North Dallas Tollway is our daily version of NASCAR. The minimum acceptable speed on the Dallas North Toll Road is 85 mph. Anything less is considered downright sissy. It also ends in Sherman . If asking directions in Irving or SE Dallas , you must have knowledge of Spanish. If in central Richardson or on Harry Hines, Mandarin Chinese will be your best bet. If you stop to ask directions on Gaston or Live Oak, you better be armed... and remember, it's legal to be armed in Texas. The wrought iron on windows near Oak Cliff and Fair Park is not ornamental!! A trip across town east to west will take a minimum of four hours, although many north/south freeways have unposted minimum speeds of 75. It is possible to be driving WEST in the NORTH-bound lane of EAST NORTHWEST Highway . Don't let this confuse you. LBJ is called "The Death Trap" for two reasons: "death" and "trap." If it's 100 degrees, Thanksgiving must be next weekend. If it's 10 degrees and sleeting/snowing, the Fort Worth Stock Show is going on. If it has rained 6 inches in the last hour, the Byron Nelson Golf Classic is in the second round (if it's Spring) - and it is the Texas State Fair if it's Fall. If you go to the Fair, pay the $15.00 to park INSIDE Fair Park . Parking elsewhere could cost up to $2500 for damages, towing fees, parking tickets, and possibly a gunshot wound. If some guy with a flag tries to get you to park in his yard, run over him. Any amusement parks, stadiums, arenas, racetracks, airports, etc., are conveniently located as far away from EVERYTHING as possible so as to allow for ample parking on grassy areas. Final Warning: Don't Mess With Texas Drivers ... remember, it's legal to Be armed in Texas.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16367 on: April 22, 2024, 02:04:09 PM »
Many salient points, lol. But I have to ask: why are you on FB reading posts from the 2000s?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16368 on: April 22, 2024, 02:05:39 PM »
Many salient points, lol. But I have to ask: why are you on FB reading posts from the 2000s?

it's just what's on there!

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16369 on: April 22, 2024, 02:32:41 PM »

The thread title is too vague.  He's doing time travel.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #16370 on: April 22, 2024, 02:46:04 PM »

portland kicks tons of ass. I stayed at The Press hotel which is a marriott property and was cool AF. eat at Central Provisions.

This looks super cool https://www.google.com/maps/@43.6559908,-70.2536431,3a,69.7y,282.95h,103.32t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sbJCyOcDFkXtkAFvzZd8UhQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16371 on: April 22, 2024, 03:36:37 PM »

This looks super cool https://www.google.com/maps/@43.6559908,-70.2536431,3a,69.7y,282.95h,103.32t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sbJCyOcDFkXtkAFvzZd8UhQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

"NO DRINKING OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES Per Order City of Portland."

Man, I thought the Puritans were extinct.  Guess they're still alive and well in Maine.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16372 on: April 22, 2024, 04:43:06 PM »
Need a star seed update on his travels.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16373 on: April 22, 2024, 04:54:14 PM »
I just did  :facepalm:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16374 on: April 22, 2024, 05:21:29 PM »
Still in Lyon?

I was kind of hoping for a more colorful travel blog review.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 09:59:03 PM by Spracne »