Author Topic: Historic Final Four this Weekend  (Read 15135 times)

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Re: Historic Final Four this Weekend
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2011, 04:29:17 PM »

We need that in purple with a silver Frank or FTB.   :emawkid:

Would pay a lot of money for something like that.  But that's not at all surprising seeing as how we all do very well in life and have money to burn.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2011, 04:46:46 PM »
You'd have to be a huge butt-hurt bandwagon fan not to be excited about the final four. I mean way huge. Can't thing there's many of those in this basketball crazy state.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2011, 04:52:31 PM »

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2011, 05:32:08 PM »
Will this be only the 2nd year since 1979 that the national champion does not have at least one McDonald's All-American on their roster(McD's game was started in '77)? Only exception was Maryland in '02. FWIW, only 6 of those champs had less than 2 McD AA's on their roster(Don't know about specifics there, too lazy to look it up).

Butler  0
VCU  0
UConn 2 - Walker and Oriakhi
Kentucky 3 - Knight, Jones, and Lamb

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2011, 06:41:28 PM »
A source said the 10 preselected officials with Final Four assignments are:

* John Cahill
    * Pat Driscoll
    * Verne Harris
    * John Higgins
    * Les Jones
    * Jamie Luckie
    * Antinio Petty
    * Doug Shows
    * Michael Stephens
    * Mark Whitehead

:eek:
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2011, 06:53:32 PM »
Pete, come by the club.  I have a case of Woodford Reserve from a client.  We will drink some hoops, and drink some Kentucky bourbon. I plan on sending some invites to some ku fans I know because they are hardcore hoops fans who will NOT want to miss these matchups.

Sounds perfect.  Just talking serious college basketball hoops with serious college basketball fans while getting higher than a Georgia pine sipping whiskey and watching the greatest Final Four the NCAA has ever had.  SOMEONE effING PINCH ME!

Offline Sayers

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2011, 06:58:03 PM »
I don't agree.  Something is wrong.  A National Champion should have some sort of body of work that they can rest their laurels on.  A poor to average team getting hot at the right time should not result in a National Championship. In many cases, these were not one game anomolies but consistent poor play. When an announcer goes on and on about the beauty of this tournament being that "all four teams struggled during their regular season", then something is wrong. I think the tournament should be representative of a true National Champion, not a mediocre team that catches fire at the right time.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2011, 07:01:24 PM »
I don't agree.  Something is wrong.  A National Champion should have some sort of body of work that they can rest their laurels on.  A poor to average team getting hot at the right time should not result in a National Championship. In many cases, these were not one game anomolies but consistent poor play. When an announcer goes on and on about the beauty of this tournament being that "all four teams struggled during their regular season", then something is wrong. I think the tournament should be representative of a true National Champion, not a mediocre team that catches fire at the right time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2011, 07:29:30 PM »
Where did this BHKUF come from and why did he pick now to appear?

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2011, 07:30:42 PM »
It's going to be like Christmas all weekend long -- what's that under the tree, Santa?  Oh, another fantastic basketball game experience?  INCREDIBLE!

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2011, 07:41:18 PM »
had a squawk tell me earlier this year that Cal would never win a title with all his one and doners, squawks are so dumb.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline FHSU92

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2011, 07:46:25 PM »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So, Danny and the Miracles NC doesn't count...Now KU is back to two NC's & FHSU has the most bball NC's in the state again.  TY Mr/Mrs Sayers!!!

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2011, 07:54:57 PM »
I don't agree.  Something is wrong.  A National Champion should have some sort of body of work that they can rest their laurels on.  A poor to average team getting hot at the right time should not result in a National Championship. In many cases, these were not one game anomolies but consistent poor play. When an announcer goes on and on about the beauty of this tournament being that "all four teams struggled during their regular season", then something is wrong. I think the tournament should be representative of a true National Champion, not a mediocre team that catches fire at the right time.

Like Kansas as the 6 seed in the 1988 tournament?  :dunno:  Did you dudes still hang the banner?

As a #6 seed, KU had the fortune of not having to play the #1, #2, or #3 seeds in its regional.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2011, 08:00:45 PM »
You deserve better than this single terrible troll, Pete.  This was a solid effort.  I just want you to know that.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Sayers

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2011, 08:02:12 PM »
I don't agree.  Something is wrong.  A National Champion should have some sort of body of work that they can rest their laurels on.  A poor to average team getting hot at the right time should not result in a National Championship. In many cases, these were not one game anomolies but consistent poor play. When an announcer goes on and on about the beauty of this tournament being that "all four teams struggled during their regular season", then something is wrong. I think the tournament should be representative of a true National Champion, not a mediocre team that catches fire at the right time.

Like Kansas as the 6 seed in the 1988 tournament?  :dunno:  Did you dudes still hang the banner?

As a #6 seed, KU had the fortune of not having to play the #1, #2, or #3 seeds in its regional.

I knew some basketball newbies would bring this up. In 1988 the Final Four included a Number 1 Seed  Arizona, a Number 1 Seed Oklahoma, a Number 2 Seed Duke and a Number 6 Seed Kansas.  It was called Danny and the Miracles but very few people called Kansas a Cinderella.

This year a 3, 4, 8 and 11 seed play in the Final Four.  Our 2011 National Champion will either be 9th ranked UConn, 11th ranked Kentucky or one of the teams they play in the finals in an 8th seed Butler and 11th seed VCU that were not ranked in the top 25. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2011, 08:02:32 PM »
As a #6 seed in the NCAA Tournament, the Wolfpack won narrow victories over Pepperdine (in double overtime) and UNLV (71–70) before defeating Utah in the Sweet Sixteen, 75-56. In the regional final, NC State again defeated Virginia, 63-62, then defeated Georgia in the Final Four to advance to the championship game against Houston. The Cougars, nicknamed Phi Slama Jama for their athletic, fast-paced style of play that featured Clyde Drexler and Hakeem Olajuwon, were expected to win easily over the underdog Wolfpack. NC State escaped with their second national title after a last-second air ball by Dereck Whittenburg was caught and dunked by Lorenzo Charles.[8] The 54-52 final is one of the most famous in college basketball history.[1]

rough ridin' CHILLS!

We could have something as special as that THIS YEAR!   :pbj:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2011, 08:04:12 PM »

I knew some basketball newbies would bring this up. In 1988 the Final Four included a Number 1 Seed  Arizona, a Number 1 Seed Oklahoma, a Number 2 Seed Duke and a Number 6 Seed Kansas.  It was called Danny and the Miracles but very few people called Kansas a Cinderella.

This year a 3, 4, 8 and 11 seed play in the Final Four.  Our 2011 National Champion will either be 9th ranked UConn, 11th ranked Kentucky or one of the teams they play in the finals in an 8th seed Butler and 11th seed VCU that were not ranked in the top 25.  

EVERYONE CALLED THEM CINDERELLA....THAT'S BASICALLY effING SYNONYMOUS WITH "MIRACLES," DUMBASS!  

Offline MeatSauce

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2011, 08:05:33 PM »

I knew some basketball newbies would bring this up. In 1988 the Final Four included a Number 1 Seed  Arizona, a Number 1 Seed Oklahoma, a Number 2 Seed Duke and a Number 6 Seed Kansas.  It was called Danny and the Miracles but very few people called Kansas a Cinderella.

This year a 3, 4, 8 and 11 seed play in the Final Four.  Our 2011 National Champion will either be 9th ranked UConn, 11th ranked Kentucky or one of the teams they play in the finals in an 8th seed Butler and 11th seed VCU that were not ranked in the top 25. 
:lol: :lol:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2011, 08:09:45 PM »
lol
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Sayers

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2011, 08:12:07 PM »

I knew some basketball newbies would bring this up. In 1988 the Final Four included a Number 1 Seed  Arizona, a Number 1 Seed Oklahoma, a Number 2 Seed Duke and a Number 6 Seed Kansas.  It was called Danny and the Miracles but very few people called Kansas a Cinderella.

This year a 3, 4, 8 and 11 seed play in the Final Four.  Our 2011 National Champion will either be 9th ranked UConn, 11th ranked Kentucky or one of the teams they play in the finals in an 8th seed Butler and 11th seed VCU that were not ranked in the top 25.  

EVERYONE CALLED THEM CINDERELLA....THAT'S BASICALLY effING SYNONYMOUS WITH "MIRACLES," DUMBASS!  

Let me spell it out for those that just started watching basketball in the last few years. That's "Danny and" the Miracles. Miracles PLUS Danny DO NOT EQUAL Cinderellas.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2011, 08:18:31 PM »

Like Kansas as the 6 seed in the 1988 tournament?  :dunno:  Did you dudes still hang the banner?

Let me spell it out for those that just started watching basketball in the last few years. That's "Danny and" the Miracles. Miracles PLUS Danny DO NOT EQUAL Cinderellas.

Did Sports Illustrated just start writing about basketball in the last few years?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/gallery/featured/GAL1153437/3/10/index.htm

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2011, 08:20:10 PM »

You mean like Matt Howard and the Miracles...ONLY they are on their SECOND MOTHER rough ridin' CONSECUTIVE FINAL FOUR.

OR, Like Kemba Walker and the Miracles?  Or, Brandon Knight and the Miracles?  :dunno:  OR, SHAKA AND THE MIRACLES...the ONLY team from a play-in game to EVER make it to a Final Four????

JESUS CHRIST, THIS FINAL FOUR IS THE BEST OF ALL TIME!!!!!!

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2011, 08:20:53 PM »
Wait, I think ESPN has only been covering basketball in recent years.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=list/cinderellastories

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2011, 08:21:12 PM »

Like Kansas as the 6 seed in the 1988 tournament?  :dunno:  Did you dudes still hang the banner?

Did Sports Illustrated just start writing about basketball in the last few years?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/gallery/featured/GAL1153437/3/10/index.htm

:lol:

Hard to believe that in 1988, the third winningest Division I men's basketball program in NCAA history was a Cinderella story. But the unranked Jayhawks entered the tournament with an unflattering 11 losses.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/gallery/featured/GAL1153437/3/10/index.htm#ixzz1I2dlIWaW

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2011, 08:27:06 PM »
You know what the absolute BEST part of Sayers' argument is?

It's that it would have COMPLETELY undermined KU's national championship had they made it that far.  LOL, they played no one to get there (but they didn't get there, obviously), would have played an 8 to get into the final game, and then played a 3 or a 4.   :lol: