Date: 28/04/24 - 16:25 PM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Poll

Who is your favorite newcomer this season?

Serrrrrrge!!!
0 (0%)
Darren Kent
0 (0%)
Akeem Wright
8 (47.1%)
Mario Taybron
0 (0%)
Coach Kelso
1 (5.9%)
David Hoskins
7 (41.2%)
Deveilze (sp?) Yerby (sp?)
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Your Favorite Newcomer  (Read 3798 times)

January 20, 2006, 05:37:42 AM
Read 3798 times

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
    You can't be racist and like basketball.
I vote for Akeem Wright.

Dorky kids in the student section vote for Serge.

Whitlock votes for Kent.

I don't know why I put Taybron on that list.

Anti-Woolites without a clue vote for Coach Kelso.

People who think ISU has a strong inside game and just watched the ISU game vote for Hoskins.

Coach Kelso votes for the "Bob Gibbons Top 100" dude since we hired him to land the kid.

January 20, 2006, 06:11:59 AM
Reply #1

Saulbadguy

I'd have to agree.  Wright is a great defender. Look what he did to Brandon Rush.  I wish he'd make his own shots a bit more though.  Taybron is useless.  Serge, even more useless. Hoskins would be good if he could finish.  Kent has a good outside shot for a 6'10 guy, but needs to play defense. Deilvez Yearby, useless.

January 20, 2006, 08:12:33 AM
Reply #2

Super PurpleCat

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Since 1996
Where's the Dax Jones option?

January 20, 2006, 09:02:24 AM
Reply #3

JavaCat

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

Definitely Akeem. Really thought though that he was going to bring a lot more slashing to the basket for this team. I'm worried Hoskins will be the next Wooldridge departure. He gets frustrated so easily and then Wooldridge hammers on him. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go.

January 20, 2006, 10:45:54 AM
Reply #4

ksu_FAN

• Second String Wildcat

Yeah, the "let's replace Wooly with a HS coach in his first year in D1 basketball" posts from last week were rediculous.

January 20, 2006, 10:59:58 AM
Reply #5

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
When it comes to future recruiting, can we all agree that recruiting Africa/Europe is a complete waste of time, energy, and money?  Barros, Sidibe, Cisse, and Morias never even got to suit up, and Afeli might as well not suit up.

At least it makes it appear like he's trying hard.

:P

January 20, 2006, 11:00:38 AM
Reply #6

Dan Rydell

• Senior Cub

Yeah, the "let's replace Wooly with a HS coach in his first year in D1 basketball" posts from last week were rediculous.

Oh, I definitely said that.  To be fair, at that point it appeared that a rock could coach better than Wooly, so a HS coach in his first year in D1 basketball should work wonders...

January 20, 2006, 11:02:24 AM
Reply #7

Saulbadguy

When it comes to future recruiting, can we all agree that recruiting Africa/Europe is a complete waste of time, energy, and money?  Barros, Sidibe, Cisse, and Morias never even got to suit up, and Afeli might as well not suit up.

At least it makes it appear like he's trying hard.

Agree on the Africa part. Only African player in recent history i can remember from the Euro-African connection was Ronnie Turiaf.

Now, if we could get some Serbs on our team..that would be swell.

January 20, 2006, 11:06:23 AM
Reply #8

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.
I'll go with David Hoskins. Thoughts?
It is a tragedy because now, we have at least an extra month without Cat football until next year. I hate wasting my life away but I can hardly wait until next year.

January 20, 2006, 11:07:21 AM
Reply #9

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
I'll go with David Hoskins. Thoughts?
You didn't vote.  He did do pretty good against CSU.  They had 7 footers!

January 20, 2006, 11:07:37 AM
Reply #10

ksu_FAN

• Second String Wildcat

You're right Rusty, Africa has turned up nothing.  The optimist in me says that Afeli at least gives us a tall athlete to have in practice and next year maybe he can give Hughes type minutes.

I'm glad they went back to the JUCO route and got Williams.  Considering where they were at in November, you have to admit that was a pretty impressive get.  I really have no idea how they got him to be honest.

January 20, 2006, 11:42:33 AM
Reply #11

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
You're right Rusty, Africa has turned up nothing.  The optimist in me says that Afeli at least gives us a tall athlete to have in practice and next year maybe he can give Hughes type minutes.

I'm glad they went back to the JUCO route and got Williams.  Considering where they were at in November, you have to admit that was a pretty impressive get.  I really have no idea how they got him to be honest.
Yeah, Williams would have been nice on this year's team.

January 20, 2006, 03:11:52 PM
Reply #12

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
I made a great post on ksf about the fact that Serge is a waste of a scholarship.

My comment was directed 100% towards the coaches. Afeli would have been just fine in pharmacy school in the Ivory Coast, and K-State's team would have been just fine without him.

Serge's scholarship could have been saved until next season (we currently will only be filling two) to help balance out the classes. Now, we have two schollies available for the 2006 class and will have six for the 2007 class. An extra player in the 2006 class would help a lot when the 07-08 season comes around, and would also make it easier to fill the 2007 class.

I'm sure Serge is a great kid and a hard worker, but he doesn't help this team on the court. Overall, the recruitment of Europe and Africa has been a colossal waste of time, money, and energy. If that makes me "classless" or "not a fan", so be it.

January 20, 2006, 05:29:15 PM
Reply #13

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
it was an ok post, not great.  you should have referenced and compared afeli to wasted scholarships past and present.  that would have bumped it to great.
"these are no longer “games” in the commonly accepted sense of the term. these are free throw shooting contests leavened by the occasional sprint to the other end of the floor."

January 20, 2006, 05:31:46 PM
Reply #14

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
it was an ok post, not great.  you should have referenced and compared afeli to wasted scholarships past and present.  that would have bumped it to great.
Excellent point.

I couldn't think of a bigger waste of a scholarship, so I omitted other examples.

Thanks for the advice!

January 20, 2006, 05:41:42 PM
Reply #15

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
"Thanks for the advice!"

no problem!

i'll be available as a special posting tips coach over the summer if you think you might benefit from individual attention.  i find most youngsters can improve a great deal if they buckle down and work on their technique in the off season.
"these are no longer “games” in the commonly accepted sense of the term. these are free throw shooting contests leavened by the occasional sprint to the other end of the floor."

January 20, 2006, 05:42:54 PM
Reply #16

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
"Thanks for the advice!"

no problem!

i'll be available as a special posting tips coach over the summer if you think you might benefit from individual attention.  i find most youngsters can improve a great deal if they buckle down and work on their technique in the off season.
LOL

January 20, 2006, 07:19:55 PM
Reply #17

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.
"Thanks for the advice!"

no problem!

I have no weaknessesses.
It is a tragedy because now, we have at least an extra month without Cat football until next year. I hate wasting my life away but I can hardly wait until next year.