Date: 28/04/24 - 20:02 PM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: i guess we shouldn't of blown off the early signs of mayo not being excited.....  (Read 2038 times)

July 01, 2006, 02:21:29 PM
Read 2038 times

ksuno1stunner

about manhattan.  not really any direct quotes from him, but remember beasley saying "bill walker's coming to ksu if i do, but oj's still thinking about it".

however, staying with the theme of early signs, it's looking up from here.  walker not visiting usc is a very good sign, and like chum said in the other thread, he seems very excited about ksu (or at least playing for huggins).  early on, pope seemed excited about playing at ksu too.  i guess first impressions really do mean a lot.

:beerchug: here's to huggins snatching walker and pope and saving the GRCOAT

July 01, 2006, 02:27:37 PM
Reply #1

waks

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    KSU Super Fan
Once we pull those two in, I have faith that Huggs can get Mayo. All he has to say is OJ come on, you have the chance to be a member of GRCOAT. Imagine the publicity you will get. Every game will be aired on television. And then Huggs will go and coach us to a win over Xavier. While Mayo watches sitting right next to Nick Lachey.

July 01, 2006, 02:48:11 PM
Reply #2

HumIntCat

Walker is in.
Mayo is not.

I doubt seriously that Mayo is thinking at all about being part of a recruiting class.  Mayo is thinking about one year of fun in the sun before getting millions of dollars.  (and millions) (and millions). 

Even without Mayo, KSU is going to have one of the greatest, if not the greatest, recruiting classes in history.  And when you all talk about the GRCOAT, you're only thinking in terms of player rankings.  Who gives a rip about that, if Mayo leaves in a year?  After one season, the head of the class is gone.  Then the GRCOAT becomes the RCFKAGRCOATNWOOJM.  I'd rather have a great player that might stick around for TWO WHOLE years than OJ Mayo for one.  But that's just me.  If you want a lock on the GRCOAT, then OJ Mayo is probably necessary.  But one of the greatest classes would be good enough for me.

July 01, 2006, 02:52:13 PM
Reply #3

ksuno1stunner

i want ksu to have a place in history

just like the fab five

July 01, 2006, 03:26:45 PM
Reply #4

waks

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    KSU Super Fan
The reason that I am so adiment about getting Mayo is that it will convince other players to commit. If K-State pulls Mayo in then other players for '07 and on and on down the road will be more willing to commit to Kansas State. Plus, once Mayo jumps to the NBA and is a star, people will alway remember that he went to K-State (kind of like Mello with Syracuse). If K-State gets Mayo, then K-State benefits for a lot longer than just one year. It will help KSU for years to come. Not to mention completely eliminate the whole you can't come get big name players to go to Kansas State.

July 01, 2006, 04:31:25 PM
Reply #5

wildcat79

• Cub

just like the fab five

KSU is already well down the road as far as making hisory is concerned. Beasley is the highest player ever recruited to KSU. KSU in now in the nations mix of top baskettball programs. Mayo will not make or break KSUs' new found promanence. I feel like many have things turned around. Mayo really does need this program because Huggins has something to offer Mayo. Mayo also need to mature a little more physically. He would be well served by joining this group. In fact the truth of the matter is he would be best served by getting a couple of years of tootilage from Huggins. If mayo passes it WILL be HIS lose not ours refrencing the KSU basketball program. Huggins will keep this program packed with talent!
 :dancin: :dancin:

July 01, 2006, 07:31:31 PM
Reply #6

PurpleReign

• Cub

Beasley will be a bigger star than Mayo at the NBA level.

July 02, 2006, 09:35:13 AM
Reply #7

wildcat79

• Cub

I think you could very well be right about that for a number of reasons. It's not an absolute but it's a pretty good bet. I think people tend to not take a long term look at these players who enter the NBA. Some look at it like well they've made it all the way to the top. Actually, it's a begging. The NBA is comprised with MEN that are finally grown up. These players continue to develope way past college. Look at Michael Jordanand his developement.  That is where I think Beasley could have an advantage over Mayo. I don't think these guys don't get quicker as the years pass. They get smarter,stonger and more athletic. Then size is also an advantage. Don't mean to ramble but. My logic here is why I think Mayo needs at least two years to prepare for the NBA. How many young players have failed to measured up after turning pro right out of high school. Some get lost because they aren't physical enough and may lack mental toughness that is required to compete at the next level. They are expected to contribute fairly soon. Thus they  might not get the coaching they would other wise recieve at the college level. Lebron James is the exception but even he could have benefited from the college experience.JMHO
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 09:37:06 AM by wildcat79 »

July 05, 2006, 06:20:44 PM
Reply #8

Andy

• Cub

• Personal Text
    KSU '06 Alum

just like the fab five

only place in history i care about is a national title.  something the fab five certainly didn't accomplish.

people remember melo and the 'cuse cause they won it all. 

July 05, 2006, 07:14:41 PM
Reply #9

ksuno1stunner

I think you could very well be right about that for a number of reasons. It's not an absolute but it's a pretty good bet. I think people tend to not take a long term look at these players who enter the NBA. Some look at it like well they've made it all the way to the top. Actually, it's a begging. The NBA is comprised with MEN that are finally grown up. These players continue to develope way past college. Look at Michael Jordanand his developement.  That is where I think Beasley could have an advantage over Mayo. I don't think these guys don't get quicker as the years pass. They get smarter,stonger and more athletic. Then size is also an advantage. Don't mean to ramble but. My logic here is why I think Mayo needs at least two years to prepare for the NBA. How many young players have failed to measured up after turning pro right out of high school. Some get lost because they aren't physical enough and may lack mental toughness that is required to compete at the next level. They are expected to contribute fairly soon. Thus they  might not get the coaching they would other wise recieve at the college level. Lebron James is the exception but even he could have benefited from the college experience.JMHO

dude just shut the &@#% up

you are &@#%ing retarded

July 06, 2006, 08:14:20 AM
Reply #10

wildcat79

• Cub

July 06, 2006, 10:16:41 AM
Reply #11

ksuno1stunner

do you realize how good mayo is?  you don't, you have no idea how good he is, you just want to make yourself feel better.  beasley is a freak of nature, but there's a reason mayo is the number one player in the nation.  funn you mention size, mayo is a 6'4'' POINT GUARD who can jump out of the building

July 06, 2006, 10:22:03 AM
Reply #12

JavaCat

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

dude just shut the &*$@! up

you are &*$@!ing retarded

Warning #2.

July 06, 2006, 10:25:43 AM
Reply #13

Saulbadguy

Warning #2.
Musta missed that one.  However, he's had his warning.  Time for some cooling off.

July 06, 2006, 10:31:33 AM
Reply #14

wildcat79

• Cub

Warning #2.

Once again who annoited your @#$ board monitor! Now run along  junior! Your not nearly as bright as you think you are! Oh think you can type #3 ? Might be a challange!

July 06, 2006, 10:37:31 AM
Reply #15

JavaCat

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

July 06, 2006, 10:41:54 AM
Reply #16

ChicoRodriguez

Seriously, I thought we weren't pulling this SeanK crap.  Anyone read the posting policies lately?  You might not like what stunner says but he has every right to say it.

If you are a person who feels offended by the content of this board, don't hesitate to make it known to the people who post here.   We'd rather have a message board that allows you to share your offensiveness or offendedness, rather than hiding behind a board admin.  It's important that we all be up front.    Let's consider an example.  

July 06, 2006, 11:15:50 AM
Reply #17

JavaCat

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

If you look at the agreement when you register you'll find out he's not abiding by the rules. I couldn't care less what his views are of O.J. Mayo not coming to KSU, the football recruiting class, etc, but when he starts telling people to shut the &%$@ up and just overall acts like an immature little brat then I'm going to intervene. It might not state it explicitly in the agreement, but if I have any say, I'm not going to let someone on here call another KSU fan names or tell them to shut up unless they have good reason to. stunner doesn't have good reason to. If he leaves that crap out then there's no problem. He didn't so there's a problem. He wants to call GoldBrick an idiot? Fine. He wants to call dax or wildcat79 an idiot? Not fine.

July 06, 2006, 11:21:19 AM
Reply #18

wildcat79

• Cub

I thought this was a forum to exchange thoughts and ideas! One can agree or disagree! But any effort to silence someone because you disagree is wrong! I thought KSU still was teaching about the free exchange of ideas! If someone disagrees with me it's fine with me. We all have our own opinions and thoughts.

I'll tell you one thing about this string. This Mayo thing is more than curious. No one player can make a team or ever will! Wilt chamberland came as close as anyone !During Wilts time he was a giant among men. Even Michael Jordan had a pretty darn good bunch of players around him during his hay day.  As good as mayo is he still need to play with other talent. So Mayo is a tremdous player but not a team does he make!

July 06, 2006, 11:36:49 AM
Reply #19

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.
If you look at the agreement when you register you'll find out he's not abiding by the rules. I couldn't care less what his views are of O.J. Mayo not coming to KSU, the football recruiting class, etc, but when he starts telling people to shut the &%$@ up and just overall acts like an immature little brat then I'm going to intervene. It might not state it explicitly in the agreement, but if I have any say, I'm not going to let someone on here call another KSU fan names or tell them to shut up unless they have good reason to. stunner doesn't have good reason to. If he leaves that crap out then there's no problem. He didn't so there's a problem. He wants to call GoldBrick an idiot? Fine. He wants to call dax or wildcat79 an idiot? Not fine.

Who the &*$@! are you? You've posted like 6 times this year.
It is a tragedy because now, we have at least an extra month without Cat football until next year. I hate wasting my life away but I can hardly wait until next year.

July 06, 2006, 11:37:52 AM
Reply #20

Houstoncat93

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    It's good to be good again!
About time he had a little cooling off period.  Disagree about idea and facts all day long no matter how stupid your opinion is but have something more to say then shut up you're an idiot.

Java, MJ;

I assume he is just muzzled for a little while like the old days and not banned like happens at other sites.

July 06, 2006, 11:39:52 AM
Reply #21

PoetWarrior

• Senior Cub

July 06, 2006, 11:42:20 AM
Reply #22

ChicoRodriguez

July 06, 2006, 11:44:00 AM
Reply #23

JavaCat

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

July 06, 2006, 11:50:31 AM
Reply #24

ds43fan

July 07, 2006, 06:44:53 PM
Reply #25

ksuno1stunner

July 29, 2007, 01:35:23 PM
Reply #26

ChicoRodriguez

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

I don't want to start a new topic.  I want to bring up old memories.  :)