Author Topic: TEaring down the goalposts in Lawrence  (Read 8595 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: TEaring down the goalposts in Lawrence
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2011, 03:45:04 PM »
Never mind. We weren't even the first. At least we aren't alone in that hall of shame:

After the 1987 game, Pirate fans stormed the field at Carter-Finley stadium and tore down N.C. State’s goal posts.

Wikipedia says some classless Kansas State fans tore KU's goalposts down in 1969 as well. I'm glad our prestigious university has done its best to sweep this under the rug. Unfortunately in this day and age, with the national media swinging on our every move, we would never be able to pull this off without it being blasted all over ESPN for the next week in promotion of a matchup between 2 top 10 ball clubs.

See?  Your studliness will be forever be captured for future generations to admire/worship but you will ultimately have to answer to the ku fans who work for you later in life and, trust me, they can make you feel pretty bad.

Remember the sad look that Puss in Boots uses in the Shrek movies?   :cry:  <----- ku fan crushing you with guilt

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2011, 04:07:40 PM »
Guys, remember that our bros are a little tight on cash right now.  If we tear down their goal posts, they will probably have to repurpose some (currently unused) scaffolding or make the guys in the endzone recliners hold up flags or something just to get through the season.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2011, 04:08:52 PM »
A KU friend who works in admin there said they're already asking parents to sign up to bring snacks for after practice and stuff.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2011, 04:20:22 PM »
A KU friend who works in admin there said they're already asking parents to sign up to bring snacks for after practice and stuff.

Make sure to tell the KU players they put forth some good effort out there when you see them out for ice cream with Gill after the game

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2011, 06:17:37 PM »

Make sure to tell the KU players they put forth some good effort out there when you see them out for ice cream drinking soda brought by the parents with Gill after the game
FYP Bro

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2011, 06:23:02 PM »
Just made a sizable bet with a ku employee that we would't tear down the goalposts.  Loser pays their favorite charity.  Sorry, BBBS, not this time!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2011, 07:59:19 PM »
Just made a sizable bet with a ku employee that we would't tear down the goalposts.  Loser pays their favorite charity.  Sorry, BBBS, not this time!

Tear 'em down.  For the children.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2011, 08:11:49 PM »
Guise, you will not be caught or punished!  Your friends and family will congratulate you!  You will probably get laid by random hotties! 

Just don't do it, it's about respect here.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2011, 08:17:01 PM »
right before you get tackled by some punk KU player.
You would have to be ungodly slow to get tackled by a KU player
jesus!  an uncontrollable  :lol: blurted out of me... uncontrollable  :lol:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Fldermaus

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2011, 08:45:15 PM »

If you do this, there is a good chance you'll end up with your picture plastered on newspaper(s), magazine(s), national webpage, etc.  As a gentleman sportsfan, you will have to send copies of these pictures of you in your moment of raw, heathenistic triumphant celebration directly to every uk fan you know, along with a heartfelt apology describing in detail how badly you have just abused and disrespected the jayhawks football program, its fans, the entire college at lawrence, and all that it represents.  Sure you will post these to facebook, twitter and other social media outlets, but nothing beats a sending personalized hardcopy ku supporters you know, the uk athletics department office, and especially directly to coach gill.  It's the Christian thing to do.

This could be embarrassing for all involved, but certainly much more for those aligned with the jayhawk football team.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2011, 08:49:40 PM »
Sure, go ahead and tear down the 'posts.  But, after the high fives, fist pumps, free drinks bought by other EMAWs, after people stop texting you congrats, after you kick all 3 girls out of your bed the next morning, after all of that, i'll be hear waiting, saying, "was it REALLY worth it?"

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2011, 08:58:42 PM »
right before you get tackled by some punk KU player.
You would have to be ungodly slow to get tackled by a KU player
jesus!  an uncontrollable  :lol: blurted out of me... uncontrollable  :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2011, 07:19:25 AM »
Tearing down goalposts? Is it fun? Sure... like vandalizing a BILLBOARD! Who in thier right mind would feel good about that? It might fill that void in your heart, but at the end of the day YOU have to look at yourself in the mirror - and will you like what you see? I think you will NOT!!!
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline Barry McCockner

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2011, 10:11:40 AM »
[oldmanreflection]

Best part about last time was security blocking the open end of the stadium so we couldn't get the posts out, so they carried them up the other end, threw them over the top, and reportedly smashed some administrators car before loading them up and taking them to Aggieville.

[/oldmanreflection]
"WELL BARYY YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU DO BECUZ IF YOU DONT DO IT, THEN WHO WILL - YOU GOTTA HAVE HART AND DATERMANASHIN AND FLOURIDE IN YOUR SYSTEM TO BE A TRUE CHAMPION" - The Ed

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2011, 05:36:54 PM »
[oldmanreflection]

Best part about last time was security blocking the open end of the stadium so we couldn't get the posts out, so they carried them up the other end, threw them over the top, and reportedly smashed some administrators car before loading them up and taking them to Aggieville.

[/oldmanreflection]

you serious clark?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2011, 09:00:21 PM »
Thanks guys.  Wow.  We had that garbage program outclassed from the coin flip but you just soaked in the sun and tipped your cap to Tenacious Turner and his scrappy band of misfits.

Love you.  You showed what class and sophistication is all about.

Hell,  you could have taken them down at half and their ineffectual fanbase couldn't have stopped you.  But you didn't. Wow

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2011, 09:36:37 PM »
Thanks guys.  Wow.  We had that garbage program outclassed from the coin flip but you just soaked in the sun and tipped your cap to Tenacious Turner and his scrappy band of misfits.

Love you.  You showed what class and sophistication is all about.

Hell,  you could have taken them down at half and their ineffectual fanbase couldn't have stopped you.  But you didn't. Wow

i mean eff me sideways, the cats fans could have brought these bitches down after the hawks ran through the inflatable tunnel, but you didn't.  and dammit i applaud you all.  :ksu: