Author Topic: TEaring down the goalposts in Lawrence  (Read 8596 times)

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: TEaring down the goalposts in Lawrence
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2011, 12:10:32 PM »
I swear to Christ if any K-State fan dresses up like a ref and tries to duplicate the mayhem from last nights AZ-UCLA game I will be infuriated!!  That kid is now a star/legend on campus and got away scott free.  I'm begging you, DON'T THINK ABOUT DOING THIS!  

Especially if you're going to do something Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) like have a couple of chickens (preferably dead) you let loose at midfield that are stuffed in your ref pants that you decide to take off right before you get tackled by some punk KU player.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2011, 12:14:02 PM »
right before you get tackled by some punk KU player.
You would have to be ungodly slow to get tackled by a KU player

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2011, 12:15:56 PM »
right before you get tackled by some punk KU player.
You would have to be ungodly slow to get tackled by a KU player

Offline colsanders718

• Fan
  • EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2011, 12:24:24 PM »
Sure it would be fun for a mob of pak'd up cats to carry the torn down goal posts to Potter's Lake and throw them in. But the next week a bunch of KU workers would have to work extra hours on a monday evening fishing them out. Think about what you are doing before you act cat fans.  :nono:

Know for a fact one post is still in there from last time we did it. They found it when they dredged all the muck outta the bottom of the lake but wont remove it for nostalgia's sake (and cost)... I say we crush the turkey buzzards while they are down and add another

:lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2011, 12:56:28 PM »
I have a football record. One time in college, I tore down the opponent's goal posts and figuratively stabbed them with it.  I'm on the only guy that ever did that.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2011, 01:05:00 PM »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2011, 01:05:49 PM »
I have a football record. One time in college, I tore down the opponent's goal posts and figuratively stabbed them with it.  I'm on the only guy that ever did that.

Tech/A&M?  :surprised:

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2011, 01:07:01 PM »
I have a football record. One time in college, I tore down the opponent's goal posts and figuratively stabbed them with it.  I'm on the only guy that ever did that.

Pretty sure some Texas Tech fans literally tried to stab some aTm fans with a section of goalpost one time.  Well maybe not stab, but they definitely rammed some people.

Damn Trim, beat me to it

Offline Dave Wooderson

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2011, 01:26:05 PM »
One of the best moments of my life of KSU Football was the goalpost in Lowrentz in '94.  I'm glad I was able to participate in such a grand experience.
Wait a minute guys... I don't play golf... for money... against people.

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2011, 01:32:44 PM »
If you have to wear some crimson and blue to scam a $20 ticket from a Jayhawker, just know that a Jayhawker probably wouldn't scam a ticket from someone. Probably.   

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2011, 01:45:05 PM »
We all love our team, okay, that much is understood.  And ripping down the goalposts in Lawrence will obviously whip our players into such a motivated frenzy of EMAW that they will destroy OU on national television and be the talk of the country but at some point it's just a game.  Let's keep our winning between the lines this saturday.

Offline BleedingPurple7

• Fan
  • The nearest exit may be behind you
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2011, 01:45:25 PM »
Is this thread for serious? Who is even talking about doing this?

Offline Branson Bound

• Good Christian Fan
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2011, 01:45:30 PM »
If any of you kids go down onto that field and tear down those squawks goal posts I will personally join you and give you all high fives. EMAW!
GET WELL SOON RANDY!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2011, 01:47:46 PM »
If any of you kids go down onto that field and tear down those squawks goal posts I will personally join you and give you all high fives. EMAW!

Mods, please delete all messages like this.  Also, any posts that offer to buy students beers if they tear down the posts or offer to enshrine them in the Awesome Emaw hall of fame.  We don't need this negative feedback.

/thread

Offline Branson Bound

• Good Christian Fan
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2011, 01:50:41 PM »

Mods, please delete all messages like this.  Also, any posts that offer to buy students beers if they tear down the posts or offer to enshrine them in the Awesome Emaw hall of fame.  We don't need this negative feedback.

/thread

Well, I guess this Limestone party pooper won't get any of my beers after the game. I usually give everyone who visits my tailgate a free natural light or keystone, but I will give anybody who tears down those squawk posts Busch Light!
GET WELL SOON RANDY!

Offline jc_jax

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2011, 01:57:22 PM »

That pain you feel in your lip is the hook...
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Boakai

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2011, 01:57:27 PM »

Unfortunately there is a small faction of cat fans; Those fueled by amazing football, who will stop at nothing to make us all appear classless, rabid and insane. While it may be an incredible spectacle to behold. One which will be replayed coast to coast the following week on ESPN GameDay and would be talked about for generations to come, it just isn't the right thing to do. Hopefully cooler heads prevail.

You may have to take a leadership type role here.

Offline Dingo

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2011, 02:16:18 PM »
Just wanted to say that I participated in a goal poast party at the end of a key nationally televised victory back in the mid 90s.  And yest, a camera man was onfield, and yest, I still have the VHS shot he got of me running past the camera, shirt ripped off and swinging in the air above my head, and yes, I did make sports center.

But the shame and regret I feel to this day far outweighs being immortalized on SportCenter.
I'm not a psychopath.  I'm a high-functioning sociopath.  Do your research.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2011, 02:26:29 PM »
I am really confused as to what is going on in here.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2011, 02:29:51 PM »
I am really confused as to what is going on in here.

Don't tear down the goalposts tomorrow, despite being a hero and having scores of beautiful women throwing themselves at you.  It's respect, I guess is what i'm saying.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2011, 02:35:22 PM »

I was talking about doing this.

I've been going back and forth all day, but after reading a thread like this, I've decided to be gracious to our hosts.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2011, 02:36:35 PM »
Think of how amazing it will be to see their goalposts torn down in dramatic HD on the next The Gridiron!

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2011, 03:10:23 PM »

Tech/A&M?  :surprised:

Wasn't that a Tech home game? I seriously don't know if any other school has ever sacrificed their honor for short-term glory and torn down the goalposts on an opponent's field.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2011, 03:13:56 PM »
Never mind. We weren't even the first. At least we aren't alone in that hall of shame:

After the 1987 game, Pirate fans stormed the field at Carter-Finley stadium and tore down N.C. State’s goal posts.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2011, 03:23:19 PM »
Never mind. We weren't even the first. At least we aren't alone in that hall of shame:

After the 1987 game, Pirate fans stormed the field at Carter-Finley stadium and tore down N.C. State’s goal posts.

Wikipedia says some classless Kansas State fans tore KU's goalposts down in 1969 as well. I'm glad our prestigious university has done its best to sweep this under the rug. Unfortunately in this day and age, with the national media swinging on our every move, we would never be able to pull this off without it being blasted all over ESPN for the next week in promotion of a matchup between 2 top 10 ball clubs.