Another Bruce weber press conferencehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WToEq01yScg
1. Mentions losing close games
2. ESPN said we could still be in the tournament, we still control our own destiny. Kids felt good seeing we still could make it. First we have to get some wins, first we have to get 1 win, it will help if Nebraska is the first win (lol, that didnt happen)
3. (Classic) "I'm Brilliant" at 13:15 (oops, that didnt happen)
4. Throws Meyers under the bus right after the I'm brilliant comment.
5. I've done a lot of good things, lose Jamar, lose Chester, lose Richmond after one year, Sam gets hurt (sam was a 5th year transfer from Bradley which Weber relied on as a PG since he didn't recruit one in 6 years)
and the best
6. "the most rewarding thing has been HUNDREDS of letters from fans showing support..."
no, no, wait - this is the best part.
Q: What do you say to the people that say you lost high percentage of fan base
A; I went to a high school game in (city in nowhere), the AD let us at the door because he had to get me in and said you are going to be surprised Coach when you walk in. This was last Friday, PEOPLE CHANTED MY NAME.. they had to escort me to a seat. After the game, I signed autographs and took pictures for 25 minutes, I could have stayed for an hour, there were still people there. The AD said Coach has to get on the plane tomorrow tomorrow to Michigan. BUT when you dont win and compete for championships every year, you are going to lose some fan but we still have a great fan base. We have got 100 emails, only 1 was bad and guess what, that guy didn't put a return email name on it...
Q: did you think about resigning
A; Im not going to answer, what has happened? WE ARE 16-10 and have had more close games than anyone in the country!
I have to stop listening. It is bringing back too many bad memories. Fire Currie now. As an Illini fan, I will donate $5 to your cause to fly a banner at your football game with that message. I wanted to enjoy watching Bruce Weber tank another program but after seeing how knowledgeable and passionate your fan base, I will not be able to enjoy it. I am sad for you guys. FIRE CURRIE now.