Author Topic: does playing west virginia hurt the image of our program?  (Read 356676 times)

Offline SlickRikZ

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: does playing west virginia hurt the image of our program?
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2012, 01:31:21 PM »
I keep refreshing the page hoping for a WV fan to respond but then I think to myself... Do they even have the internet there?  :confused:

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2012, 01:31:38 PM »
On the other hand, West Virginians must acknowledge that some of the stereotypes discussed come from some real places. Obesity, diabetes and lack of education have become perennial thorns in the sides of residents of this state. These factors greatly reduce the quality of life for many of our friends and neighbors.

The above is taken directly from this wvu.edu site: http://participate.wvu.edu/community

Seriously, maybe tlbl should stay home. This is information is not going to allow me sleep at night.

On the bright side, their rampant meth use should help combat the obesity problem.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2012, 01:31:47 PM »
their fanbase and town and state all smell like hot garbage 24/7/365 open on christmas day

Offline cvmcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2012, 01:33:05 PM »
I recently read that West Virginia ranks #1 in the world for senior abuse.  Forfeit the game.  Its JUST a game, not worth the risk.

Also, there are no rape convictions there.  Only rape rewards.  You should never take women to WV.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2012, 01:36:59 PM »
I read an article about West Virginia and the primary source of protein in the state is turtles. disgusting.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2012, 01:39:20 PM »
I read an article about West Virginia and the primary source of protein in the state is turtles. disgusting.
thats odd my article said semen

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2012, 01:52:22 PM »
Geno Cook died last week guys.  God bless their hearts for not shutting down the stadium even though they probably should.

I think you are mixing him up with the other guy.  I did this exact same thing.  Had no idea who either of them was before last week, but their names are so similar that it's tough to tell them apart.

oh man, good to know I guess.  I'll call the flower company and tell them to cancel the order of indigenous W. Virginia plants.  It was just a simple basket of weeds though, no big whup.
Also I tried to call Ron Prince to express our sadness but he said to call Dana but I didn't want to call her because I just watched ghostbusters and there was no Dana only Zuul. 

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2012, 02:03:13 PM »
Kick that craphole school out the Confy!    :flush:

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2012, 02:03:37 PM »
Might look better on TV if we could get their coach to wear a hat.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2012, 02:26:05 PM »
On the other hand, West Virginians must acknowledge that some of the stereotypes discussed come from some real places. Obesity, diabetes and lack of education have become perennial thorns in the sides of residents of this state. These factors greatly reduce the quality of life for many of our friends and neighbors.

The above is taken directly from this wvu.edu site: http://participate.wvu.edu/community

Seriously, maybe tlbl should stay home. This is information is not going to allow me sleep at night.

Holy crap, I am crying from laughing so hard at that link :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I lost it when I got to the picture titled "A College Degree in West Virginia".  The blatant :opcat: in "A Smoky Kiss" set them up and "A College Degree in West Virginia" knocked 'em down.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2012, 02:26:33 PM »
west virginia.

is there even such a thing as east virginia?  no? didn't think so, file this state's name right up there as the master of not-necessary directional state names.  wow, like one virginia wasn't enough, they decided to split the thing into two and drop the old double whammy on their fellow friends of the confederacy.

"hey guys, you like coal? well then, how about double coal?!  two virginias for the price of one (food stamp)."

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2012, 02:27:36 PM »
WV factoid:  there are more truck stops per capita in the state of west virginia than in any other place in the world.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2012, 02:36:24 PM »
Didn't they film Hunger Games in West Virginia?  Or was that a reality show?

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2012, 02:39:50 PM »

Holy crap, I am crying from laughing so hard at that link :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I lost it when I got to the picture titled "A College Degree in West Virginia".  The blatant :opcat: in "A Smoky Kiss" set them up and "A College Degree in West Virginia" knocked 'em down.
Really good stuff in there.

Offline cvmcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2012, 02:42:59 PM »
Geno Cook died last week guys.  God bless their hearts for not shutting down the stadium even though they probably should.

I think you are mixing him up with the other guy.  I did this exact same thing.  Had no idea who either of them was before last week, but their names are so similar that it's tough to tell them apart.

oh man, good to know I guess.  I'll call the flower company and tell them to cancel the order of indigenous W. Virginia plants.  It was just a simple basket of weeds though, no big whup.
Also I tried to call Ron Prince to express our sadness but he said to call Dana but I didn't want to call her because I just watched ghostbusters and there was no Dana only Zuul.

The fact that you guys don't know who Beano Cook is makes me feel old.   :frown:

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2012, 02:43:23 PM »

2008-ish BlackBerries are just starting to make their way into West Virginia.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2012, 02:46:22 PM »
Sorry goEMAW.com:

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2012, 02:47:28 PM »
I really wish they would have kept Ron Prince.
@mikec2w

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2012, 02:49:42 PM »
Sorry goEMAW.com:

Reagan's okay in my book.  :thumbs:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2012, 02:50:48 PM »

Really good stuff in there.

Hey Dax, this is no crap. Check out the link. If you think playing a team from a university that puts out crap like that is not bad for our image/ conference image, then you are stupid and should move to WV.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2012, 03:12:09 PM »
Do not care, Dobber.   

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2012, 03:28:58 PM »
hey idiots, leave this thread alone.

back on topic.

yes, i feel like playing wv will hurt the image of our proud program.  they're a big east school.  they have no tradition, no support, no important victories, and they play nobody.  we're one of the most successful programs in the last 2 decades. 

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2012, 05:14:07 PM »
We should have invited Pitt. Better sports programs, better academics, wealthier fanbase, etc.
sign for saturday  :ksu:

Offline Chico

• I used to be big here.
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2012, 06:49:46 PM »
Is this the school that had the plane crash like Wichita State and they made a movie about it?  <insert burning plane image here> The fact that they had Matthew McConaughey (big fan) as their football coach is a saving grace for me.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2012, 06:58:07 PM »
Don't ever bring up Marshall again.

Ever.