Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3209476 times)

wiley and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #19225 on: May 23, 2018, 11:37:56 AM »
they're hiring harbaugh.

Yep, I went over to check and those dolts still think he was just a pen stroke away from coming to the wonderful KC suburb of Lawrence, Kansas. :jerk:

That level of delusion just cracks me up.

They should make a run at Bo Pelini.  I would love to see him on the sideline of their 2019 home opener.  That's assuming Harbaugh falls through of course.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19226 on: May 23, 2018, 04:58:49 PM »
they're hiring harbaugh.

Yep, I went over to check and those dolts still think he was just a pen stroke away from coming to the wonderful KC suburb of Lawrence, Kansas. :jerk:

That level of delusion just cracks me up.

They should make a run at Bo Pelini.  I would love to see him on the sideline of their 2019 home opener.  That's assuming Harbaugh falls through of course.

Where's that GIF of Pelini wetting his pants on the sideline?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19227 on: May 23, 2018, 06:17:43 PM »
Man, that double knot spy Cheyenne Zulu.  Great Job!

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2018/may/22/rock-chalk-park-started-39-million-deal-ku-now-it-/

Nothing like paying upwards of $100 million dollars over the course of time for an atheltic facility that will generate nothing even remotely close to that kind of revenue.

Cheyenne Zulu:  Oversaw numerous Big 12 Titles and a National Title!   

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #19228 on: May 23, 2018, 06:35:15 PM »
Letting cheerleaders get stripped naked, blindfolded, and allowing males to view them in the process was genius by him.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19229 on: May 23, 2018, 09:06:20 PM »
Letting cheerleaders get stripped naked, blindfolded, and allowing males to view them in the process was genius by him.

they could see ever-y-thing

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19230 on: May 24, 2018, 07:47:34 AM »
Some of these actions really make me question whether he was that incompetent, or truly was actively sabotaging that department. 

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19231 on: May 24, 2018, 08:48:28 AM »
How many wins would Beatty need to keep his job now?  I am thinking 5.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19232 on: May 24, 2018, 08:53:41 AM »
3 or 4. They don't gaf. The football program wasn't the problem with this fire.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19233 on: May 24, 2018, 09:33:49 AM »
3 or 4. They don't gaf. The football program wasn't the problem with this fire.

I'm thinking the new AD will want to bring in his own guy.  I think 3 would've kept Beatty around under Zenger but probably not now.

On the other hand, maybe the new guy will just want to keep his fingerprints off that trainwreck for as long as possible.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19234 on: May 24, 2018, 09:37:51 AM »
Yeah, I could see it either way too, but they just over paid for some hobby sport expansion that isn't even near their campus. I could see the new AD having to be focused on the books in his first year and asking Beatty to lesson the dumpster fire for just a bit.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #19235 on: May 24, 2018, 09:40:27 AM »
Is ku the worst ad job in the country?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19236 on: May 24, 2018, 09:57:43 AM »
hey 'grades, think about it this way...
you're being pulled towards a black hole and you've hit the event horizon.  nothing that you or anyone else does can rescue you at this point.  the boundary in spacetime has been crossed and your fate is sealed, singularity awaits you.

this is ku football.  there are so many forces (gravity) working against them that they've hit the event horizon.  they are so far behind the schools which they're trying to compete against that they cannot ever catch up, it's actually impossible.

if physics isn't your thing, there are a lot of business analogies that work as well and the harvard business school would be well served to do a case study on ku's football program.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19237 on: May 24, 2018, 10:38:29 AM »
You're right 'clams but I'm no quitter.  This team is gone and dead but KU cannot give up on football and hope to stay P5.

Solution: Buy a FCS team with their endowment.  NDSU is the obvious candidate.  Pay NDSU $100m to buyout all coach contracts and have them no longer honor current FB scholarships.  Offer all coaches, staff and maybe the AD 2x current salaries.  All NDSU players get KU scholly offers (going to need to find a way to sweeten this pot for them).  Maybe KU plays some games at NDSU for a few years as well.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19238 on: May 24, 2018, 11:02:20 AM »
they would probably buy ndsu just to have that win against us.  also could claim a football college gameday :(

Offline kearneymen

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19239 on: May 24, 2018, 06:02:08 PM »
Considering KSU came back from the gutter it seems very shortsighted to think KU is forever stuck in the gutter... they have tons of big donors, good other sports, AAU status, etc. 

Let’s not get complacent, we need to keep driving the wedge in football and doing whatever possible to catch-up in basketball

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19240 on: May 24, 2018, 06:11:59 PM »
Considering KSU came back from the gutter it seems very shortsighted to think KU is forever stuck in the gutter... they have tons of big donors, good other sports, AAU status, etc. 

Let’s not get complacent, we need to keep driving the wedge in football and doing whatever possible to catch-up in basketball

I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you this; but you're a gigantic idiot.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #19241 on: May 24, 2018, 06:27:32 PM »
That LJWorld article....wowzers

Props to Dax for calling this 7 years ago
The total price tag of Rock Chalk Park has raised questions about whether it would have been cheaper for Kansas Athletics to simply finance the project traditionally through university and state bonds.

Kaufman, though, said university officials at the time didn’t think bonding the project was a feasible option.

“(Kansas Athletics)-specific bonds would have become part of the university’s overall debt portfolio, which factored into why bonding was not an option,” Kaufman said via email.

Kaufman didn’t provide additional detail on that point, such as whether KU officials felt the entire university was at risk of becoming over-leveraged.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #19242 on: May 24, 2018, 06:29:34 PM »
Its a house of cards!

A consideration easier to understand has to do with football. Kaufman said Kansas Athletics, at the time, wanted to maintain a maximum amount of borrowing authority to put towards a football stadium renovation. The lease, because it is categorized as an operating lease, is not required to be shown on Kansas Athletics’ balance sheet as debt. KU officials now say they are not planning to issue much debt as part of any future football stadium improvements.

Offline kearneymen

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19243 on: May 24, 2018, 06:33:34 PM »

I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you this; but you're a gigantic idiot.

Darn.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #19244 on: May 24, 2018, 07:48:59 PM »
Its a house of cards!

A consideration easier to understand has to do with football. Kaufman said Kansas Athletics, at the time, wanted to maintain a maximum amount of borrowing authority to put towards a football stadium renovation. The lease, because it is categorized as an operating lease, is not required to be shown on Kansas Athletics’ balance sheet as debt. KU officials now say they are not planning to issue much debt as part of any future football stadium improvements.

Pretty sure the new lease accounting rules taking effect in 2019 are going to show that jayhawk park thing's lease as a depreciating asset with at big ol' gigantic liability to go along with it.  Pretty darn sure.

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19245 on: May 24, 2018, 08:50:19 PM »
Its a house of cards!

That article is just nuts to read.  Cheyenne essentially changes the lease to screw KU big time, lock them into the facility for up to 50 years (the owner gets the choice to re-up, not KU after the original 30 year period - with a potentially raised lease fee) and KU is on the hook for refurbishing and all major maintenance on the facilities.

If this isn't what got him fired (or whatever they claim was done), it should have. 

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #19246 on: May 24, 2018, 09:13:53 PM »
Its a house of cards!

That article is just nuts to read.  Cheyenne essentially changes the lease to screw KU big time, lock them into the facility for up to 50 years (the owner gets the choice to re-up, not KU after the original 30 year period - with a potentially raised lease fee) and KU is on the hook for refurbishing and all major maintenance on the facilities.

If this isn't what got him fired (or whatever they claim was done), it should have.
Holla at cha boy
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19247 on: May 25, 2018, 11:50:20 AM »
Its a house of cards!

Talk about an amazing triple net lease! That's gotta be the deal of the century for the owner.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline Ihaveteeth

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19248 on: May 25, 2018, 10:35:03 PM »
Its a house of cards!

Talk about an amazing triple net lease! That's gotta be the deal of the century for the owner.
I need someone like Zulu as a tenant in my rental house.  He can't move out if I don't want him to, but I can raise the rent.  He has to rehab the house and do all the maintenance, but he won't own it.  It's a shame he wouldn't qualify what with being unemployed and all.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #19249 on: May 27, 2018, 07:45:10 AM »
When you are broke dick you don't really get to negotiate terms. You have to take what's on the table or fail. KU has descended into Speedy Cash borrower territory.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd