Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 1043503 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #125 on: November 18, 2016, 01:29:09 PM »
I tend to stay out of politics, but I'm pretty far from liberal. I thought the initial reactions/fears to Trump from many were way over the top.

Lately I am starting to rethink that.

https://twitter.com/Snowden/status/799678095313682432

I mean, they either have no clue about vetting the names they are throwing out there or they absolutely don't care what people think.

he absolutely cares about what people think. You're Just approaching it from the wrong viewpoint in thinking that he doesn't want to be viewed as a pro white racist. Imagine for a second that you are a pro trump trump trump person and you're ecstatic about these appointments.

I get that you of all people want a trillion data points before you want to pick a side, but how many racist things does trump need to do before you are comfortable labeling him a racist? Serious question.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 18, 2016, 01:31:51 PM »
as leader of the Justice Department, Sessions would have the power to force 420-friendly states into compliance with federal law
During Senate confirmation hearings for current attorney general Loretta Lynch, Sessions suggested that he viewed opposition to state-level legalization as a core responsibility of America’s top prosecutor.

“I hope that you will cease to be silent, because if the law-enforcement officers don’t do this, I don’t know who will,” Sessions said.
Sessions called on the government to foster the “knowledge that this drug is dangerous, you cannot play with it, it is not funny, it’s not something to laugh about … good people don’t smoke marijuana.”

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/11/will-the-trump-administration-go-to-war-against-legal-weed.html

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 18, 2016, 01:32:32 PM »
he absolutely cares about what people think. Your Just approaching it from the wrong viewpoint in thinking that he doesn't want to be viewed as a pro white racist. Imagine for a second that you are a pro trump trump trump person and you're ecstatic about these appointments.

Yeah. It's sad.

An interesting twitter stream of thought (related):

https://twitter.com/jpbrammer/status/799686559901454336

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 18, 2016, 01:39:20 PM »
Pampeo on spying on us all again:

Congress should pass a law re-establishing collection of all metadata, and combining it with publicly available financial and lifestyle information into a comprehensive, searchable database. Legal and bureaucratic impediments to surveillance should be removed. That includes Presidential Policy Directive-28, which bestows privacy rights on foreigners and imposes burdensome requirements to justify data collection.

So, this guy is a big Koch guy.  wonder how libertarians like the Kochs feel about bullshit like invasion of privacy like this.

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2016/11/trumps-cia-director-wants-to-return-to-a-pre-snowden-world/508136/?utm_source=atlfb

this big brother bullshit is a big deal:
He did, however, say that using strong encryption for personal communication “may itself be a red flag,” suggesting that good security practices could invite government scrutiny under his watch.
So, basically he will plan to punish companies and individuals that perform due diligence to protect themselves and their customers.  eff this guy

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 18, 2016, 01:42:05 PM »
Burdensome requirements to justify data collection  :curse:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 18, 2016, 01:43:04 PM »
Keep the govt out of my life, except my bedroom and all my personal communication and dealings

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 18, 2016, 01:44:52 PM »
Also states rights! (except for that marijuana thing)

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 18, 2016, 01:49:58 PM »
At times the pit would be unreadable if not for dax and lib7.  Their sharp barbs remind me of the sexual tension between Sam Malone and Diane Chambers before they finally hooked up.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 18, 2016, 01:53:21 PM »
kanye loves trump :love: :love: :love:

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 18, 2016, 01:54:31 PM »
Yeah, dax is a hoot, too bad he is scared to pak with us

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 18, 2016, 01:54:51 PM »
Apparently, the way to make America great again is to hand it over to the fringe right.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 18, 2016, 01:55:49 PM »
Apparently, the way to make America great again is to hand it over to the fringe right.

I think they are the mainstream right now.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 18, 2016, 01:56:53 PM »
If we can just reign in this movement toward equality and less input on what ppl can do to their own bodies...then, and only then, will MAGA begin to take shape.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 18, 2016, 02:28:19 PM »
Sessions and Pompeo are great choices. The libs are back to the Bork'ing from 30 years ago. Sad but expected.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 18, 2016, 02:33:45 PM »
Sessions and Pompeo are great choices. The libs are back to the Bork'ing from 30 years ago. Sad but expected.

So, I can mark you down as thinking it ok to be under surveillance by your own govt for no reason and with no warrant or knowledge.  For them to collect info on all of your electronically avail communications?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 18, 2016, 02:35:46 PM »

So, I can mark you down as thinking it ok to be under surveillance by your own govt for no reason and with no warrant or knowledge.  For them to collect info on all of your electronically avail communications?

I thought I read that they were putting together a Muslim registry so they wouldn't have to do that to us.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 18, 2016, 02:50:39 PM »

I thought I read that they were putting together a Muslim registry so they wouldn't have to do that to us.

I did read an article yesterday stating that one of trump's team lawyers was noted as stating there is precedent for internment of citizens thanks to what we did to Japanese Americans during WWII, so I am sure they are looking into a registry as that would be a less extreme way to start as well as a handy thing to have for rounding muslims up later.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 18, 2016, 03:03:58 PM »
I assume if you can create a registry of religious beliefs then the national gun registry should be a piece of cake

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 18, 2016, 03:13:16 PM »
Meanwhile, ksuw is also pumped that "ape in heels" is going to be gone from the white house, finally get someone with class as a first lady!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 18, 2016, 03:13:48 PM »
I assume if you can create a registry of religious beliefs then the national gun registry should be a piece of cake

It's almost like you want to regulate the militia well, commie

Offline everyone shut up

• Katpak'r
  • “On paper, we feel good.”
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 18, 2016, 07:12:58 PM »
Meanwhile, ksuw is also pumped that "ape in heels" is going to be gone from the white house, finally get someone with class as a first lady!
did he actually say that?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 18, 2016, 07:24:24 PM »
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 18, 2016, 08:51:38 PM »
did he actually say that?

No, some mayor in a West Virginia town said that one.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 18, 2016, 10:02:58 PM »

Come on now Lib7 - don't go MIR on me. Let's be nice.

BTW - did you know that Jeff Sessions was one of the only Republicans to vote in favor of Eric Holder's confirmation? That doesn't seem very racist.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 18, 2016, 10:27:11 PM »
Does one non-awful offset tons of awfuls?