Author Topic: 2016 Recruiting Thread  (Read 79957 times)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #300 on: April 25, 2016, 08:41:06 AM »
it's fun to see my "lacks work ethic" posts irl

Not us. Truly felt like this was a kid we wanted based upon Weber's push at the end. If Weber wanted him, I wanted him. Having said that, since he DIDN'T pick us, my rationalizing mind says: 1) I personally was less impressed with his video than everyone else was and 2) There could be some ego problems there if he was losing playing time to others based upon his less than stellar shooting which could have resulted in the next cancerous reaction. Personally, did not like the big to do over picking between KSU and Indiana. Could be indicative of ego issues.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 25, 2016, 08:42:51 AM »
 :lol:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 25, 2016, 08:45:58 AM »
I agree, the ego problems seemed like they could have been an issue. The amount of time that he drug this out and hyped it on Twitter kind of gave me that feeling. I also agree that I wasn't extremely impressed with his highlights when I saw that he only contributed 14 points per game in juco. It's easy to forget because of his athleticism that he is still a project recruit.

He still retweeted every article regarding his decision and posted all over the place about it. Perhaps he has no ego problems, I guess we'll see in time. I don't think he's going to see much playing time in Indiana though.

I actually think taking some extra time was smart. BUT, I wonder about a kid retweeting every comment made about him on every board when he's supposed to be THINKING.

This was all so unnecessary. He is not a Perry Ellis. He really is into himself. Bye Bye Freddie

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 25, 2016, 09:04:43 AM »
He would have been a good get for us and a good fit for oscar's swing position. I mean, even though Lowery played with his dad and was apparently buds with him we couldn't even land him.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 25, 2016, 09:11:32 AM »
He would have been a good get for us and a good fit for oscar's swing position. I mean, even though Lowery played with his dad and was apparently buds with him we couldn't even land him.

ego tho

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 25, 2016, 09:13:15 AM »
It's amazing that these ppl really exist out there.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 25, 2016, 09:57:28 AM »
I wanted him after just watching a couple minutes of hudl videos.  If nothing else he looked like an athlete that could have possibly made Bruceketball enjoyable to watch.  Alas, we'll just dial up another Calorbe Irvin and go on down the road.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 25, 2016, 10:21:26 AM »
You guys sound like gd egomaniacs. It's you people and the Freddie McSwains of this world that are the problem with K-State basketball. Not Coach Weber.

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 25, 2016, 10:44:04 AM »
Hmmmm, go to a borderline blue blood basketball school, or play for oscar rough ridin' Weber? Hard choice. Ego though.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #309 on: April 25, 2016, 12:37:55 PM »

You can put all of the intangible stuff in there, but we're not beating out Indiana with this coaching staff.  The odds of that happening are 5% or less.

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 25, 2016, 02:11:56 PM »

You can put all of the intangible stuff in there, but we're not beating out Indiana with this coaching staff.  The odds of that happening are 5% or less.
idk, Crean =/=Cal and IU at the moment has no scholarships to give and a bunch of similar dudes on the roster already

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 27, 2016, 07:59:38 AM »
Lew Evans. Power forward from Utah State, 6 foot 8. Graduate transfer. One step better than hot horndogs.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 27, 2016, 09:27:44 AM »
 :excited:  :crossfingers:

2016 4-star forward Romello White has asked for his full release from Georgia Tech.

He was very high on KSU in the fall. Here was a quote:

"
As it stands currently, K-State is one of those programs that fit the criteria.
"The coaching staff, I really like them," the power forward said. "And what they have with playing time, and coming in and trying to be a leader for the team, I really like that."
Recruited primarily by Wildcats assistant coach Chester Frazier, a relationship White says is good, K-State is on the short list of schools "

White has since exploded up the rankings moving up almost 50 spots and getting his fourth star. There will be lots of schools trying to get involved if he gets his release, but KSU was already in good standing with him.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 27, 2016, 09:56:39 AM »
oh hell yeah oscar!

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 27, 2016, 10:27:35 AM »
 :ohno:

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: April 27, 2016, 11:02:05 AM »
guys, don't do this to yourselves. let's just welcome that new, pasty-white mormon (not that there's anything wrong with that) to the team.

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 27, 2016, 11:23:40 AM »

2016 4-star forward Romello White has asked for his full release from Georgia Tech.

"
"The coaching staff, I really like them," the power forward said. "And what they have with playing time, and coming in and trying to be a leader for the team, I really like that."
Recruited primarily by Wildcats assistant coach Chester Frazier, a relationship White says is good, K-State is on the short list of schools "

White has since exploded up the rankings moving up almost 50 spots and getting his fourth star. There will be lots of schools trying to get involved if he gets his release, but KSU was already in good standing with him.
You cant honestly think oscar will close on him, do you? Not a chance.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 02:35:55 PM by WildcatNation »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 27, 2016, 11:37:30 AM »
No, but we're averaging a 4* in every class, which we already have one, so it's not totally out of the question. The kid says he wants playing time and we have plenty of it. However, I've also read up that his mom is still wanting him to honor his commitment. We shall see.

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 27, 2016, 01:15:16 PM »
Does this Lew Evans fellow have any game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bozocat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 27, 2016, 07:56:16 PM »

"

You cant honestly think oscar will close on him, do you? Not a chance.

He's already decommitted from Tennessee so I won't be holding my breath.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #320 on: April 28, 2016, 12:43:00 PM »
I guess he could play the five, but if you think oscar is going to play this kid over Claws, you're crazy.

The second he sits Dean behind someone, he may as well just leave then and there.  The tucks will destroy him.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 28, 2016, 01:10:37 PM »
I guess he could play the five, but if you think oscar is going to play this kid over Claws, you're crazy.

The second he sits Dean behind someone, he may as well just leave then and there.  The tucks will destroy him.

i don't think oscar playing more talented players over white players and tucks being mad about it is as big of a problem as you're insinuating.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 28, 2016, 03:51:14 PM »
I get so pissdang mad at greedy hawkers.  These sons of roosters try to grab every scrap they can.  They ain't satisfied with getting all of five star guys.  They seduce 4 star guys into being bench warmers.  Last year it was Slickdick LaVick.  Now it is being reported they are after White.  I am as mad as hell.  Leave our meat alone!!!!!!!!!

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 02, 2016, 04:23:16 PM »
LaRon Smith to Auburn.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 03, 2016, 02:46:24 AM »
I thought Wade had a decent freshman year.   Do you guys not think so?  :confused: