Author Topic: Terrible KSU Coaching Decisions Thread  (Read 106010 times)

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible KSU Coaching Decisions Thread
« Reply #750 on: November 25, 2017, 03:59:40 PM »
Dimel must think Skylar can't throw anymore.     :confused: :confused: :confused:

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: November 25, 2017, 04:32:40 PM »
We need to run more dive plays and Skylar dropping back then running for his life

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: November 25, 2017, 04:34:48 PM »
54 total yards midway thru the 3rd quarter...against IOWA STATE.  Let that sink in.    12 yards passing.  FML

Offline ksuchris2000

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: November 25, 2017, 04:44:27 PM »
Lolz at 4th and 2 play call

Offline Muldoon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: November 25, 2017, 04:44:34 PM »
Heh. The ol' line em up five yards off the LOS and go for it thinking it will work. Classic Dimmel right there folks.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: November 25, 2017, 04:47:29 PM »
we had a blitz work once (first successful blitz of the year?), let's do it alllllll game

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: November 25, 2017, 04:54:44 PM »
The deepest pass i can recall us throwing this game was about 9 yards...the one that should have been intercepted but the sun.  Am i misremembering?  WTF.  Even if we lose, the ineptitude of our offense cannot be overemphasized.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: November 25, 2017, 06:20:18 PM »
Clearly the strategy was "keep it close, win at the horn ... someway. It's Iowa State. It will work out.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: November 25, 2017, 08:15:55 PM »
Dimel must think Skylar can't throw anymore.     :confused: :confused: :confused:

Bill roasted Dimel's ass for this in the post game, press conference

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #759 on: November 25, 2017, 08:19:33 PM »
Hotel elevator talk this morning... Old dude was telling me Sean has been bitching about play calls in-game over the headsets. Sean's pushing Dimel out the door.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: November 25, 2017, 08:20:32 PM »
Hotel elevator talk this morning... Old dude was telling me Sean has been bitching about play calls in-game over the headsets. Sean's pushing Dimel out the door.

obvious a lie because I've never seen Sean wearing headphones that weren't around his neck

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: November 25, 2017, 08:45:27 PM »

sean is fighting his ass off to save the program.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: November 25, 2017, 09:05:34 PM »
Hey just so Dimel's ass doesn't skate on this, but that 4th and 2 call was without a doubt the worst call of the year and that says a lot.

1. We have no fuckin QBs left what the eff are we doing running the one we have left in an empty backfield?
2. Did the [redacted] forget about Delton not getting a 4th & 2 on a similar play at KU?
3. Did I mention he ran our last scholarship QB on a run down with no lead blocker?

Let's be real, there's a fair amount of Dana hate is hysteria, but this was so unbelievably stupid, it done should have cost him his job.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: November 25, 2017, 09:19:11 PM »

It was awesome. The first 3 quarters were as miserable watching K-State football offense as I can remember.

The Big Train

« Reply #764 on: November 25, 2017, 09:22:36 PM »

It was awesome. The first 3 quarters were as miserable watching K-State football offense as I can remember.

Yeah it was a terrible game the first 3 quarters. I turned to the people I was with and made the comment that it was super boring.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: November 25, 2017, 09:35:48 PM »
the note that sean gave bill right after the game ended.  talking points for the presser?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #766 on: November 25, 2017, 09:36:18 PM »
Xmas wish list

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: November 25, 2017, 09:40:48 PM »
I don't think Bill will fire Dana but I'd be stunned if he's back. Apparently he harbored a delusion that he had a shot at the job here after Bill left. That clearly isn't happening. I do think he may have a shot at a group of 5 or FCS job if he wants one. Maybe he can catch on with another one of these staffs that will have openings all over the P5. Other head coaches and ADs aren't as close to this as we are and being LHC Bill Snyder's long time OC will have some weight.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: November 25, 2017, 09:42:27 PM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: November 25, 2017, 10:43:32 PM »
The first 3 quarters made Dimel trying to call an offense against Nebraska during Snyder 1 look like a work of art.

He is awful and is only bailed out by ballers.

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: November 26, 2017, 07:16:38 AM »
Hey just so Dimel's ass doesn't skate on this, but that 4th and 2 call was without a doubt the worst call of the year and that says a lot.

1. We have no fuckin QBs left what the eff are we doing running the one we have left in an empty backfield?
2. Did the [redacted] forget about Delton not getting a 4th & 2 on a similar play at KU?
3. Did I mention he ran our last scholarship QB on a run down with no lead blocker?

Let's be real, there's a fair amount of Dana hate is hysteria, but this was so unbelievably stupid, it done should have cost him his job.

Don’t forget that the Skylar has a hip pointer and clearly wasn’t as mobile as he was in previous games

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: November 26, 2017, 09:00:04 AM »
Al of this talk about Sky’s ability...irrelevant if dimel is back.  WatchIng the creativity of other offenses makes me sad.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: November 26, 2017, 09:25:19 AM »
For those who watched on TV what did the pass coverage look like during the first 3 quarters when Thompson dropped back?

I couldn't tell from where I was sitting but it seemed like he was reluctant to pull the trigger.  Not sure if that was due to tight coverage or Skyler being overly cautious.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: November 26, 2017, 09:39:02 AM »
I was never a big fan of Del Miller, but how much do we miss him?  I didn't like our play calling the past few years but this year seems like it's significantly worse than anytime in recent memory.

My guess is that Bill's solution will be to add the "co-OC" title to CK.  I'm not sure how much that will help.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: November 26, 2017, 09:45:49 AM »
I can't defend Dimel this year, but his offenses have mostly been solid during his career. My understanding from talking to some former players was that Dimel has always called the majority of the offense during 2.0, Miller was mainly involved in obvious passing situation. The injuries haven't helped, but this year Dimel never seemed to find a rhythm or figure out what to do with this team. We've had two of the worst offensive games I can remember (Vandy and TCU) and yesterday was on that path for 3 quarters.

If he does stay, I think we'll build the offense to look much more like we used with Waters, especially considering Thompson's skills and the returning receivers. This year's team with Ertz was built much more like the Klein teams and I don't know that we could completely adjust mid season with the injury situation at QB.

(numbers below don't include the ISU game)

[attachment deleted by admin]