Author Topic: StL County Cops Shoot Teen  (Read 232464 times)

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: StL County Cops Shoot Teen
« Reply #875 on: August 18, 2014, 03:54:32 PM »
So do you guys think the cop shot him because he was black?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: August 18, 2014, 04:14:10 PM »
So do you guys think the cop shot him because he was black?

I'll say this... I would bet money he would still be alive if he weren't. 
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: August 18, 2014, 04:27:36 PM »
It is premature to assert that he was intoxicated.  We don't know that yet.
Also very Reefer Madness-esque to suggest that pot made him violent.

Clearly intoxicated
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: August 18, 2014, 04:29:17 PM »
http://www.newrepublic.com/article/119121/ferguson-missouri-and-war-drugs-how-two-are-connected

I appreciate the sentiment but I tire of people acting like any of the problems that have been covered have simple solutions. It's a complex world.

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: August 18, 2014, 04:40:02 PM »
We should set up a federal resort where housing food and drugs of all kinds are provided free of
Charge.  All the people that want to do drugs can go to drug disneyland, leaving virtually no demand
For drugs on the outside, and all the problems that go with them.

Problem solved, your welcome.
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline hjfklmor

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: August 18, 2014, 04:47:02 PM »

We should set up a federal resort where housing food and drugs of all kinds are provided free of
Charge.  All the people that want to do drugs can go to drug disneyland, leaving virtually no demand
For drugs on the outside, and all the problems that go with them.

Problem solved, your welcome.

This is almost exactly a season 3 plot line of The Wire.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: August 18, 2014, 04:56:23 PM »
http://www.newrepublic.com/article/119121/ferguson-missouri-and-war-drugs-how-two-are-connected

I appreciate the sentiment but I tire of people acting like any of the problems that have been covered have simple solutions. It's a complex world.

I don't think that's what the author was suggesting, instead only that ending the war on drugs could reduce the probability of this kind of interaction in the future. Plus, let's be honest - the war on drugs is one of the major reasons for the dramatic rise in police militarization.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: August 18, 2014, 04:57:55 PM »
Drug Disneyland sounds pretty boss

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: August 18, 2014, 05:03:34 PM »
Drug Disneyland sounds pretty boss

Right? This place would be nice like a vegas hotel, after about 5-10 years dudes will have od'd, the
Cartels will have lost their biggest market, kids won't have grown up watching and learning the drug
game and we all live happily ever after!
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: August 18, 2014, 05:05:16 PM »

I don't think that's what the author was suggesting, instead only that ending the war on drugs could reduce the probability of this kind of interaction in the future. Plus, let's be honest - the war on drugs is one of the major reasons for the dramatic rise in police militarization.

You're right and I'll admit I didn't read it.

Jeff Smith's commentary in the nyt today or yesterday also had a some nice insight into why Furgeson politics also play a major role.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: August 18, 2014, 05:50:43 PM »
The usual suspects who show up every time something like this happens are much in-line to have their motives questioned, particularly as their own personal behavior and handling of money that has flowed through their various organizations have come to light over the years.

How the eff is this relevant to Benjamin Crump, an attorney doing pro-bono work?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: August 18, 2014, 05:56:08 PM »
Benjamin Crump, an attorney doing pro-bono work?

You get what you don't pay for.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: August 18, 2014, 05:58:08 PM »
The usual suspects who show up every time something like this happens are much in-line to have their motives questioned, particularly as their own personal behavior and handling of money that has flowed through their various organizations have come to light over the years.

How the eff is this relevant to Benjamin Crump, an attorney doing pro-bono work?

I didn't say it was.

Yep, I looked again, didn't say Crump.

I didn't see it myself so can't confirm, but I saw a lot of twitter outrage whenever Jesse Jackson first arrived on the scene about him immediately asking for donations to his church.  :dunno:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: August 18, 2014, 06:01:42 PM »
@hosienation: Here's the guy y'all want to bring charges against Darren Wilson. Good luck with that... http://www.laduenews.com/society/charities-nonprofits/persons-of-interest-bob-mcculloch/article_eee9cc68-8a2a-11e1-9517-0019bb30f31a.html

It was also in the ’60s that his life changed forever. McCulloch grew up on the border between St. Louis and Pine Lawn in the shadow of the old ammunitions plant just off Goodfellow Boulevard. His dad was a city cop, one of the first K-9 officers in the department. “July 2, 1964: My dad was 37 years old, I was 12.” It was the day his father was killed in the line of duty trying to arrest a kidnapper. “He was in his police car and heard a call for an officer in need of aid at the old Pruett-Igoe housing project. He wasn’t far from there, and when he arrived, he saw one officer was down and another officer was chasing a guy,” he explains. “They went around a building, my dad went around the other way and they got into a shootout—my father got shot.” Officer Paul McCulloch left behind a wife and four children. Bob McCulloch, the future prosecutor, was now a crime victim. “It had a huge impact on me in the long run. In the short term, at that age, it’s hard to comprehend the finality of death and so that took some time to sink in. My mother was a great woman, very strong and made sure we all toed the line.”

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: August 18, 2014, 06:02:04 PM »
I have a feeling that this story is going to start swinging towards the cop's side soon showing Brown as a dangerous "thug" who "threatened" the officer's safety. The officer will not be charged, and there will be a crap show of epic proportions nationally. This thing is just getting started.

There were plenty of people like K-S-U-Wildcats! who thought that before there was any video, released police report, or report of weed in his system. A drudge report about weed in his system isn't going to change anyone's mind. If you think having weed in his system has any significance its safe to say that your mind was already made up about the type of person Brown was. Dude, there are still lots of people who feel that George Zimmerman was right to feel threatened by Trayvon Martin.

That's gold coming from you  :lol:

Yes, that's point you stupid [redacted], it's why I said "isn't going to change anyone's mind." We know you're mouthbreathing dip crap, but are you so stupid that you don't know what the word anyone means?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: August 18, 2014, 06:10:23 PM »

I didn't say it was.

Wow, that was a predictable response. You dropped that into a conversation about ksuw calling Crump an opportunist. If you decided to drop a non-sequitur in the conversation (you didn't) then you can deal with people not knowing what the hell you're talking about (I didn't).

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: August 18, 2014, 06:20:38 PM »
I have a feeling that this story is going to start swinging towards the cop's side soon showing Brown as a dangerous "thug" who "threatened" the officer's safety. The officer will not be charged, and there will be a crap show of epic proportions nationally. This thing is just getting started.

There were plenty of people like K-S-U-Wildcats! who thought that before there was any video, released police report, or report of weed in his system. A drudge report about weed in his system isn't going to change anyone's mind. If you think having weed in his system has any significance its safe to say that your mind was already made up about the type of person Brown was. Dude, there are still lots of people who feel that George Zimmerman was right to feel threatened by Trayvon Martin.

So I made up my mind before the evidence started coming out? Maybe go back and re-read my posts in this thread. Never mind - you're too busy tossing around the n-word while accusing other people of bigotry.

You're clearly emotional and not thinking rationally about this, but I'll give it another shot. The question is whether the officer had a reasonable belief of eminent death or serious bodily harm when he shot Brown. We don't have video of the fight, so we look to other evidence.

In the minutes just prior to the shooting, Brown (1) stole a box of cigars from a convenience store in broad daylight, (2) attacked the store owner, (3) rather than fleeing after his robbery, casually walked down the middle of the street with his friend, (4) refused to comply with a police officer's command that he get on the sidewalk, saying words to the effect of "no, I'm also to where I'm going," and (5) likely assaulted the officer in his car. These are not the actions of a rational, peaceful person, and now we learn that he was indeed intoxicated.

These are not attempts to assassinate his character - they provide an indication that he was the aggressor, and provide some support to the cop's "he made a run at me" story (if that's what it is). Meanwhile, the frontal wounds noted in autopsy also call into question the eyewitness testimony that Brown was shot in the back while running away from the officer.

This is all stuff to be taken into account.

No rough ridin' way I'm reading all of that, I read the first paragraph and knew you were full of crap so I didn't need to continue. Your first post, about the 8th in the thread, said Brown did something stupid. You didn't know what happened. You dismissed the eyewitness accounts and assumed he did something stupid, you turned out to be correct but that doesn't change the fact you made an assumption. I can admit that I made assumptions, why can't you? Despite all of your skepticism you never called the cop stupid.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: August 18, 2014, 06:23:13 PM »
MiR do you see the family's lawyer as a good Samaritan helping under represented groups?  Do you see him as an honest and plain dealer? 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: August 18, 2014, 06:25:21 PM »
http://www.vox.com/michael-brown-shooting-ferguson-mo/2014/8/18/6031679/ferguson-missouri-mo-protests-michael-brown-police-military

jesus

I despise agenda driven reporting.

"A cleared street in Ferguson after protests that lasted until very early August 18. (Anadolu Agency via Getty Images)"

Many other images describe the plight of protesters or the militarized police force.  Yet this pic is described as a street cleared when it still has the derbies that "protesters" attempted to use to block the streets to police traffic as the riots were occurring. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: August 18, 2014, 06:26:29 PM »

I didn't say it was.

Wow, that was a predictable response. You dropped that into a conversation about ksuw calling Crump an opportunist. If you decided to drop a non-sequitur in the conversation (you didn't) then you can deal with people not knowing what the hell you're talking about (I didn't).

No, I think I was thinking more along the lines of Sharpton and Jackson MIR.   But there's no use getting into that with you, because you've already made up your mind as always.

Again, you decided to post what you posted when you posted it, I didn't make your post ambiguous, you did.

Did you even hear what Sharpton's message was when he had his press conference? If you're going to be critical of him in this instance I'd suggest you find what he said. I bet everything you'd agree with what he said.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: August 18, 2014, 06:35:45 PM »
Some posters just enjoy being very vague