Author Topic: Fall Practice and Panda X Thread  (Read 128284 times)

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
Re: Fall Practice
« Reply #425 on: August 12, 2014, 01:42:38 PM »
I think when Bill says that, he only really means it with regards to kids who come and say "I want to redshirt". Like with Slaughter two years ago, he told Bill he wanted to redshirt because AB was in front of him and Bill said "ok" and not "eff you, you're going to play".

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 12, 2014, 01:43:43 PM »
I think when Bill says that, he only really means it with regards to kids who come and say "I want to redshirt". Like with Slaughter two years ago, he told Bill he wanted to redshirt because AB was in front of him and Bill said "ok" and not "eff you, you're going to play".
I think we can all read between the lines on it.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 12, 2014, 01:46:11 PM »
I think we can all read between the lines on it.

1/2 a page of posts suggests otherwise

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 12, 2014, 02:14:29 PM »
i'm not going to trash the kid like the other losers in this thread, but i really hope shelly isn't the starter for the entire year.  if you don't think he'd be a pretty big weak link, then you're fooling yourself.

This

I'm interested to know what either of you have seen to determine that this is true. I would like for just one of the people even a little critical of Schellenberg just admit that they are biased because of one play. We simply don't know how he has developed or frankly how equipped he was to play last year. Definitive assessments of how any player replacing a starter will be at this point are ridiculous.

Offline i poo crabs

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 12, 2014, 02:24:47 PM »
How badly did Mueller suck in the Baylor game 2 years ago?  Just saying  :dunno:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 12, 2014, 02:28:53 PM »
I trust the Hayes.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 12, 2014, 02:30:55 PM »
i'm not going to trash the kid like the other losers in this thread, but i really hope shelly isn't the starter for the entire year.  if you don't think he'd be a pretty big weak link, then you're fooling yourself.

This

I'm interested to know what either of you have seen to determine that this is true. I would like for just one of the people even a little critical of Schellenberg just admit that they are biased because of one play. We simply don't know how he has developed or frankly how equipped he was to play last year. Definitive assessments of how any player replacing a starter will be at this point are ridiculous.
I'd wince when seeing him jog off the sidelines all year... but Snyderball has coached 'em up before...    Do you guys remember how serviceable Carson Coffman got by the end of his senior season?

Worst case, I don't think he'll be a weak link... they'll set him back far enough to prevent getting burned just work some schemes with the routes underneath that result.

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 12, 2014, 02:40:01 PM »
Our offense is going to score a brazillian points this year.

Quit worrying about our FS nerds
:dance:

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 12, 2014, 02:41:00 PM »
we'll continue to see a steady decline in our defensive talent as Cosh's recruits exit the program..

Offline Catchacold

• Combo-Fan
  • Z28gY2F0cy4=
    • View Profile
    • wildcatgrowl.com
« Reply #434 on: August 12, 2014, 02:46:47 PM »
I want to know his vertical jump measurement before formulating my definitive assessment.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: August 12, 2014, 02:55:35 PM »

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 12, 2014, 02:58:01 PM »
Guys, it'll be:

DE - Mueller/Bryant/Wood/Willis
DT - Britz/Clink/Coleman/Geary
LB - Truman/Davis/Derricot/Riddle/Moore/Johnson/(LEEEEE???)
CB/Nickel - McDaniel/Jackson/Evans/Burns/Starks
S - Barnett/Schellenberg/Green/Prewett

We'll be fine and could even be pretty damn good. Britz and Clink in the middle being spelled by Valentino & Geary is going to be our best rotation of interior DL in years. I really think at least one other end will surprise us and end up complimenting Mueller off the edge (or benefiting from Mueller getting attention). Have you noticed that Lee is listed as a LB on the roster? Has this been discussed? I could see him getting some playing time on 3rd downs, etc. this year...although, Riddle, Johnson and Moore might be more polished options for that role.

Lastly, how are some of you dorks not on board with Schellenberg even if the coaches choose him from the crop. It's been said that it's simply concerning if he's the best we've got...but how is that more likely the case than my guy Dyl having developed into a total stud to play alongside one-time assumed pud turned full-time stud Dante Barnett?
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 12, 2014, 02:58:39 PM »
IF our defensive line is as advertised, our DB's will be just fine... Nothing makes defensive backs look better than a disruptive front 4/5.

Hell, if some of the stories are to be believed about Geary, Britz, and Clinkscales, we could probably just trot all of Schelly's detractors out there.
bears are fast...

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #438 on: August 12, 2014, 03:03:53 PM »
IF our defensive line is as advertised, our DB's will be just fine... Nothing makes defensive backs look better than a disruptive front 4/5.

Hell, if some of the stories are to be believed about Geary, Britz, and Clinkscales, we could probably just trot all of Schelly's detractors out there.

I think it's going to be a great, great year.  This defense is going to be very surprising.

Offline BRULL

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 12, 2014, 03:06:12 PM »
Guys, it'll be:

We'll be fine and could even be pretty damn good. Britz and Clink in the middle being spelled by Valentino & Geary is going to be our best rotation of interior DL in years. I really think at least one other end will surprise us and end up complimenting Mueller off the edge (or benefiting from Mueller getting attention). Have you noticed that Lee is listed as a LB on the roster? Has this been discussed? I could see him getting some playing time on 3rd downs, etc. this year...although, Riddle, Johnson and Moore might be more polished options for that role.

Lastly, how are some of you dorks not on board with Schellenberg even if the coaches choose him from the crop. It's been said that it's simply concerning if he's the best we've got...but how is that more likely the case than my guy Dyl having developed into a total stud to play alongside one-time assumed pud turned full-time stud Dante Barnett?
:cheers:

Although, I would be surprised not to see Hood in there. He's still here, right?

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 12, 2014, 03:34:30 PM »

I think it's going to be a great, great year.  This defense is going to be very surprising.

:thumbs:
bears are fast...

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 12, 2014, 03:45:56 PM »
Guys, it'll be:

Although, I would be surprised not to see Hood in there. He's still here, right?

Yes. He showed promise last year.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 12, 2014, 04:01:05 PM »
depth, my friends

Offline i poo crabs

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 12, 2014, 04:03:49 PM »
Guys, it'll be:

Demonte Hood is talented

Offline Missouriscribe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 12, 2014, 04:26:58 PM »
Anyone know a good carpenter in Garnett?  Preferrably a K-Stater!!
Not Garnett, but is Richmond close enough?  Outside chance Timhawk knows a Woodlake near Greeley as well.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 12, 2014, 04:31:10 PM »
Guys, it'll be:

Demonte Hood is talented

I don't know if I'm doing it right....
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-smoke-come-from-your-mouth-with-out-sm/

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 12, 2014, 04:50:10 PM »
I'm in a state of constant unrelenting excitement
emaw

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 12, 2014, 05:14:12 PM »

This

Ok, we can change my language to being apprehensive of his abilities. Please go pick apart the posts that say he'll be good/great/serviceable, no one knows that either. Good grief mir
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 12, 2014, 05:35:07 PM »
Demonte Hood is also going to be a factor at tackle.  Love the depth at that position.....for a change.

Offline DKmode50

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 12, 2014, 06:01:59 PM »
PowerCatP....i gotta ask....whats with that Weber/Illinois pic? or do i really want to hear the justification.