Author Topic: Giving up on KSU sports has made me much happier.  (Read 2649 times)

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Giving up on KSU sports has made me much happier.
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2016, 04:54:39 PM »
i feel like i'll always care, but until oscar is no longer the coach i won't be truly invested

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2016, 05:09:42 AM »
After a full year of not caring about KSU athletics I can honestly say that I'm a happier person.  K-State sports is nothing but heartbreak and frustration, and it was more of a negative than a positive in my life.  I probably owe that worthless piece of crap Currie a "thank you" for freeing me from caring and being let down, but even though I don't care anymore it's still a fact that he's the one who destroyed the men's basketball program.  If you're a student at K-State or you have young kids I can see why you'd be a sports fan, but if you don't fit into those two categories sports don't really have anything to offer you.  I'm posting this comment not as a "look at me, I'm too cool for school" but as an encouragement to others to just stop caring.  It's very liberating.  And with my free time and extra cash, I've rekindled my love of cars and have gotten more into that community.  I purchased a first generation Mazda Miata last fall that needed some work and I spent the winter fixing and replacing a few things under the hood as well as putting on a new convertible top, and I've gotten closer with my neighbors and friends while doing the work.  With cars there's still a lot of heartbreak and frustration as well as bloody knuckles and burned skin, but the payoff is so much better.

Whiny puss

Offline AndrewVonLintel

• Purple Prince Thrice Crowned in MMXIII
  • Combo-Fan
  • Purple Get Ready To Roll!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2016, 05:30:39 PM »
My advice is to watch the Women's Basketball team.   They are likely to get into the NCAA tournament this year.
Hire Brad Underwood Now!!!!!!

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2016, 03:22:59 PM »
My advice is to watch the Women's Basketball team.   They are likely to get into the NCAA tournament this year.
that is no way for someone to live their life