Author Topic: fresno state v san francisco review  (Read 3782 times)

Offline kstatefan11

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: fresno state v san francisco review
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2016, 11:24:04 PM »
Northern Star: You are the announcer and emcee at the NIU Track & Field and Cross Country meets. How in the world did you get involved with that?

Sundance Wicks: I'm DJamer Dance. At Northern State I was playing basketball, but I was also the DJamer and announcer for our women's soccer team. I was DJamer Doc Wicks but over here it transformed to DJamer Dance. NIU Track & Field head coach Connie Teaberry gave me the nickname. I'm widespread throughout the northern Illinois region at cross country and track & field meets. I'm probably the best show out of any cross country meet you can find.

NS: After graduating from Northern State, you played professional basketball in Europe [for a Swedish team]. What is your favorite moment from your time over seas?

SW: I couldn't enter [Sweden] before I got my six-month work visa. So, they just let me stay in Norway to basically practice and train until the first game. And on the day of the first game after I got my visa, I had to fly from Oslo, Norway to Sweden. Then I had to take a bus and then a car to the actual game. So, it was planes, trains, and automobiles for my first game.

I was so fried, because I went out and scored 27 points and had 10 rebounds that night. My blood sugar was so low that instead of bringing me saline solution and water, they brought me waffles with berry sauce.

They told me to eat some waffles and drink a coke. So, on the floor of the locker room I'm eating waffles and drinking a coke trying to get some energy.

http://northernstar.info/sports/minutes-with-sundance-wicks/article_e11a7032-33fb-11e0-ae0d-00127992bc8b.html

He's already got better #family connections than oscar. She is EMAW track elite.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2016, 11:32:38 PM »
 :surprised:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2016, 09:47:26 AM »
UPDATE

He returned to his alma mater as an assistant coach.

https://twitter.com/AANtoliver/status/726150390597619712

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2016, 09:48:01 AM »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2016, 10:56:30 AM »
Saigon squat?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2016, 11:15:41 AM »
Interesting. If you check Google images you see pics both of Westerners stretching in the gym and of Vietnamese people in the same body position, but just hanging out in the street and doing their normal, everyday stuff.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2016, 03:08:08 PM »
Like this?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2016, 04:59:05 PM »
welcome home, sundance wicks.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2016, 08:06:51 PM »
i pride myself on knowing obscure colleges but Northern State I have have never heard of....San Fran must not have been for him