Author Topic: Fall Practice and Panda X Thread  (Read 127712 times)

Offline FranklyFrankYou

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Fall Practice
« Reply #450 on: August 12, 2014, 06:51:51 PM »
Have heard from a family member of a starting offensive player that we will be throwing the ball considerably more this year than any year in Snyder's second tenure

No way in hell would this parent know that, literally. After a week of practice Snyder has given up on the run so much that all the players know it and are telling their mommies and daddies. Right.
Well if you'd stop pretending to be a know it all bad person I never said it was a mom or dad or that the info had been given to me recently. In fact, I had been sitting on this info since Spring and didn't want to share because of jerk off responses like yours

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 12, 2014, 07:04:10 PM »
It's getting pretty GPC up in this place  :blindfold:
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline CATILLAC

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 12, 2014, 07:07:52 PM »
Have heard from a family member of a starting offensive player that we will be throwing the ball considerably more this year than any year in Snyder's second tenure

No way in hell would this parent know that, literally. After a week of practice Snyder has given up on the run so much that all the players know it and are telling their mommies and daddies. Right.
Well if you'd stop pretending to be a know it all bad person I never said it was a mom or dad or that the info had been given to me recently. In fact, I had been sitting on this info since Spring and didn't want to share because of jerk off responses like yours

I heard from my brothers weed dealer that Waters will be starting at QB...... Who Knew???

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 12, 2014, 07:32:44 PM »
i'm not going to trash the kid like the other losers in this thread, but i really hope shelly isn't the starter for the entire year.  if you don't think he'd be a pretty big weak link, then you're fooling yourself.

This

I'm interested to know what either of you have seen to determine that this is true. I would like for just one of the people even a little critical of Schellenberg just admit that they are biased because of one play. We simply don't know how he has developed or frankly how equipped he was to play last year. Definitive assessments of how any player replacing a starter will be at this point are ridiculous.

Ok, we can change my language to being apprehensive of his abilities. Please go pick apart the posts that say he'll be good/great/serviceable, no one knows that either. Good grief mir

I don't believe anyone has said he'd be good/great, even if they did I addressed that. The only people being definitive are ones who don't think he's any good. There is a wide gulf between being apprehensive of his abilities and being sure that he's going to be "a pretty big weak link" and those who don't agree with you are fooling themselves. Stop being so sensitive, why post opinions if you don't want them scrutinized?

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 12, 2014, 07:35:04 PM »
 :sdeek:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 12, 2014, 07:40:26 PM »
i'm not going to trash the kid like the other losers in this thread, but i really hope shelly isn't the starter for the entire year.  if you don't think he'd be a pretty big weak link, then you're fooling yourself.

This

I'm interested to know what either of you have seen to determine that this is true. I would like for just one of the people even a little critical of Schellenberg just admit that they are biased because of one play. We simply don't know how he has developed or frankly how equipped he was to play last year. Definitive assessments of how any player replacing a starter will be at this point are ridiculous.

Ok, we can change my language to being apprehensive of his abilities. Please go pick apart the posts that say he'll be good/great/serviceable, no one knows that either. Good grief mir

I don't believe anyone has said he'd be good/great, even if they did I addressed that. The only people being definitive are ones who don't think he's any good. There is a wide gulf between being apprehensive of his abilities and being sure that he's going to be "a pretty big weak link" and those who don't agree with you are fooling themselves. Stop being so sensitive, why post opinions if you don't want them scrutinized?

what makes you so confident that he won't be a weak link.  you bolded the post, so you may as well read it.  i never said he's 100% dogshit and wouldn't make any fbs team.  i think he's the weakest link on this year's d.  other than "he did ok against ku", what has he done to give you confidence that he is not going to be the weakest link?  players improve and get experience, i get that, and i hope he has improved greatly over the offseason.

this "we don't know" bullshit line you keep spouting off can be applied to any player for any situation, so we might as well not even talk about players until they play.  i hope you haven't said anything about how any player on this year's team may or may not perform
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 07:50:28 PM by seven »
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 12, 2014, 07:46:16 PM »

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry. If I'd have known that this info didn't come from a parent and it was told to you three months ago I would have not been so skeptical. Please forgive me as I made a snap judgment not armed with all of the facts. Please continue to share all leaked info from any and all family members as to our offensive intentions a full four months before football season.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 12, 2014, 07:52:05 PM »

This

what makes you so confident that he won't be a weak link

I have no goddamned idea, do you seriously not understand that point? Did you read the first two posts I made on this topic or did you just see that I replied to your post and made an assumption? I don't know if he blows or will win the Thorpe Award, I just think it's unfair to label him as terrible because he and seemingly everyone else looked stupid against OU. Did he even play what would amount to a full game of snaps throughout the season?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 12, 2014, 07:53:31 PM »
mir doesn't know something  :horrorsurprise:

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 12, 2014, 07:56:36 PM »

This

I have no goddamned idea, do you seriously not understand that point? Did you read the first two posts I made on this topic or did you just see that I replied to your post and made an assumption? I don't know if he blows or will win the Thorpe Award, I just think it's unfair to label him as terrible because he and seemingly everyone else looked stupid against OU. Did he even play what would amount to a full game of snaps throughout the season?

you should read my edit.  i formed an opinion on limited exposure, you decided to nullify that exposure as a too small a sample size.  we aren't very far off from agreeing.  i never said he was terrible.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 12, 2014, 07:59:19 PM »
I don't want him because he looked slower than both of my nuts combined*.

* I have no idea if this is accurate or not.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 12, 2014, 08:00:52 PM »
I don't want him because he looked slower than both of my nuts combined*.

* I have no idea if this is accurate or not.

this is one of the things i worry about.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 12, 2014, 08:04:52 PM »
it's pretty much always reasonable to have some worries about a new starter. cautiously optimistic though, i like and trust coach hayes.

Offline FranklyFrankYou

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 12, 2014, 08:30:19 PM »

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry. If I'd have known that this info didn't come from a parent and it was told to you three months ago I would have not been so skeptical. Please forgive me as I made a snap judgment not armed with all of the facts. Please continue to share all leaked info from any and all family members as to our offensive intentions a full four months before football season.
My bad. How dare I attempt to share info that's relevant to our offense and the coaching staffs apparent view of our RB situation and their confidence or lack thereof in the position. My source is reliable. He told me before the spring game last year that the staff and the majority of the offensive group knew Waters was and would be the starter. Yes, my source has an immediate family member on the team and has a reason to be concerned about the direction of the offense as it has direct influence on the players draft stock as it may not play to his strengths as a football player. You just go ahead acting like you know a Damn thing regarding this program and talking down to people with viable info and I will be over here at the itk table

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 12, 2014, 08:33:46 PM »

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: August 12, 2014, 08:36:12 PM »
 :love:
Here's thing with Schallenberg. So I really don't know how to properly evaluate football players, the deal is 95% of you fuckheads can't either. So this kid comes in cold and makes a poor play against a very good team and idiots like MixBerryCrunch, WildcatNation, and PowercatPat all of a sudden become scouts for the 2009 New England Patriots. Never mind that they likely don't know what defense we were in or what assignments the secondary had.

I guess what I'm trying to say is shut the eff up, you idiots don't even know what the hell you're looking at.

MIR is a treasure

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 12, 2014, 08:36:17 PM »
ITK Tablers, please PM your bud sd these things. TIA!

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 12, 2014, 08:41:33 PM »
ITK Tablers, please PM your bud sd these things. TIA!
was waiting on this. And yes frankly frank doesn't just post stuff like that all willy nilly. I'll take his word for it

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 12, 2014, 08:51:08 PM »

My bad. How dare I attempt to share info that's relevant to our offense and the coaching staffs apparent view of our RB situation and their confidence or lack thereof in the position. My source is reliable. He told me before the spring game last year that the staff and the majority of the offensive group knew Waters was and would be the starter. Yes, my source has an immediate family member on the team and has a reason to be concerned about the direction of the offense as it has direct influence on the players draft stock as it may not play to his strengths as a football player. You just go ahead acting like you know a Damn thing regarding this program and talking down to people with viable info and I will be over here at the itk table

Thank you for elaborating, that makes much more sense than your first message. Why are you so sensitive though? Why are so many of you guys thirsty to have people absolutely agree with everything posted? Are their message boards like that? I bet even on church message boards people question things posted.

All that being said the itk table line was fantastic.

Offline DKmode50

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 12, 2014, 09:31:03 PM »
MakeitRains comment about the player being concerned about their draft  because of different offense has my curiosity piqued but also i'm a little confused and annoyed:

Offenses playbooks will  have impact the most on RBs,QBs,WRs,Oline,TE......in regards to draftability ..in my opinion. Now let's dissect this a little.

Who of our players that has a legitimate chance at the NFL would have reason for concern that the shift in offense would effect their draft stock.

I'm just going to throw out RB's because we don't have any NFL talent ( not really arguable) at this position. So i can't see how that's a major concern for any of them...unless they have very inflated egos and think they are NFL studs even though they've never started a game.
op
 QB's....Waters certainly would have concern, but he came here under the guise of a run/pass option offense and he knew it coming in,,,if he's getting to throw more that should thrill him...so that excludes him
 WR's....again...getting thrown to more should be very likeable for WRs....so this position is eliminated
 TE's....again....more passes...more potential touches for you

So that leaves Oline,,,, and this is where i get annoyed and confused. The NFL drafts Olineman on intangibles and athleticism not necessarily on what type of offense you are running in college,,,so that shouldn't concern you. Regardless on whether or not you have played in a pass happy or run happy offense in college, if you have the right size, speed and athleticism...NFL scouts are going to like you quite a bit. So you are kind of an idiot if you think a shift in offensive philosophies is going to dramatically impact your draft stock....

More importantly you should probably take comfort in the fact that Snyder has pumped out a ton of NFL talent, he knows how to develop it, take solace in the fact you are in good hands.

But last thought,,,,if said mystery player and family are concerned more about themselves and self interests than the upcoming season .....THAT's more concerning to me than anything.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 12, 2014, 09:33:59 PM »
sup rollinplains?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 12, 2014, 09:40:15 PM »

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 12, 2014, 09:41:20 PM »
MakeitRains comment about the player being concerned about their draft  because of different offense has my curiosity piqued but also i'm a little confused and annoyed:

Offenses playbooks will  have impact the most on RBs,QBs,WRs,Oline,TE......in regards to draftability ..in my opinion. Now let's dissect this a little.

Who of our players that has a legitimate chance at the NFL would have reason for concern that the shift in offense would effect their draft stock.

I'm just going to throw out RB's because we don't have any NFL talent ( not really arguable) at this position. So i can't see how that's a major concern for any of them...unless they have very inflated egos and think they are NFL studs even though they've never started a game.
op
 QB's....Waters certainly would have concern, but he came here under the guise of a run/pass option offense and he knew it coming in,,,if he's getting to throw more that should thrill him...so that excludes him
 WR's....again...getting thrown to more should be very likeable for WRs....so this position is eliminated
 TE's....again....more passes...more potential touches for you

So that leaves Oline,,,, and this is where i get annoyed and confused. The NFL drafts Olineman on intangibles and athleticism not necessarily on what type of offense you are running in college,,,so that shouldn't concern you. Regardless on whether or not you have played in a pass happy or run happy offense in college, if you have the right size, speed and athleticism...NFL scouts are going to like you quite a bit. So you are kind of an idiot if you think a shift in offensive philosophies is going to dramatically impact your draft stock....

More importantly you should probably take comfort in the fact that Snyder has pumped out a ton of NFL talent, he knows how to develop it, take solace in the fact you are in good hands.

But last thought,,,,if said mystery player and family are concerned more about themselves and self interests than the upcoming season .....THAT's more concerning to me than anything.

2 posts and already 19 ellipses.  Intrigued to see if he can keep up this pace.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 12, 2014, 09:58:47 PM »
How did he miss such a glaring position on offense that is predicated on running the ball?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline elkwc

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 12, 2014, 09:59:38 PM »

Evidently you don't even know what you wrote. The above statement leaves the impression that he is a below average player and stops just short of outright stating it. I still question why any adult feels the need to trash a young man who is working hard everyday while they sit on they behind in front of a computer keyboard. I also question whether that person is a true K-State fan. A true fan supports every player on the team. Not just those who they feel are superstars.

This

you should read my edit.  i formed an opinion on limited exposure, you decided to nullify that exposure as a too small a sample size.  we aren't very far off from agreeing.  i never said he was terrible.