Author Topic: So whats the general consensus on Heisman trophy winner Jameis Winston?  (Read 25154 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: So whats the general consensus on Heisman trophy winner Jameis Winston?
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2013, 03:26:11 PM »
MIR, you don't offer perspective, you offer predictable anger, outrage and accusations of racism.  You're probably the biggest bigot at goE. 
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2013, 03:29:00 PM »
And you're always angry. Cheer up, ol' chap!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2013, 03:37:32 PM »
MIR, you don't offer perspective, you offer predictable anger, outrage and accusations of racism.  You're probably the biggest bigot at goE.

:thumbsup:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2013, 03:51:40 PM »

:lol: that is so laughable.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2013, 04:01:17 PM »

No Fake Sugar Dick is right. If that observation came from like _FAN, for instance, I would take exception, but from know non-bigoted, level headed FSD I'll take it to heart and change my ways.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2013, 04:23:16 PM »

No Fake Sugar Dick is right. If that observation came from like _FAN, for instance, I would take exception, but from know non-bigoted, level headed FSD I'll take it to heart and change my ways.

LOL, don't lie to yourself. Jesse Jackson couldn't get you to pull back on your tired schtick.

Let's not even get into the abhorrent epithets you've posted in this thread. But yeah man, you're "perspective" is so rough ridin' unique. :flush:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2013, 06:12:40 PM »
it's pretty great seeing teaminnocentuntilprovenguilty in here compared to the zimmerman trial  :lol:

(i'm on that team btw)

You can be believe both Winston and Zimmerman are innocent of crime, but that both committed deplorable acts.

I can see how that could be the case with Zimmerman because the stand your ground law is just awful. I don't see how that is the case with Winston, though. I mean the only deplorable thing he did was (allegedly) rape that girl, and there is a law on the books against that.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2013, 01:21:43 PM »
I like how MIR is the only poster who picks sides based solely on race 100% of the time, and simultaneously calls anyone who picks against him "racist".

What a bafoon.
I see people who see the name Jameis Winston and think rapist but who see the name Ben Rothlisburger and think Pittsburgh Steelers.

I 100% agree with this point, however, I don't think it's relevant to JW's individual case.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2013, 01:32:48 PM »
I like how MIR is the only poster who picks sides based solely on race 100% of the time, and simultaneously calls anyone who picks against him "racist".

What a bafoon.
I see people who see the name Jameis Winston and think rapist but who see the name Ben Rothlisburger and think Pittsburgh Steelers.

I 100% agree with this point, however, I don't think it's relevant to JW's individual case.

really?  How many times do you see broadcasters mention his prior troubles, especially in a down year on the field?  JW has a bad half and its all the broadcast team talks about in the ACC Dr Pepper.

Also that Deadspin piece isn't very good at explaining the situation at all.  1/3 of the piece is just her story.  Her real beef is with POS DAs like Meggs, not with JW. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2013, 01:52:33 PM »

What a bafoon.

really?  How many times do you see broadcasters mention his prior troubles, especially in a down year on the field?  JW has a bad half and its all the broadcast team talks about in the ACC Dr Pepper.

I didn't watch that game, so I can't really comment on the broadcast team, but I would guess the recency bias plays in quite a bit.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2013, 01:56:30 PM »
Rothlisburger is a rapist, too.  So is Ell Roberson. 

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2013, 02:09:56 PM »
Rothlisburger is a rapist, too.  So is Ell Roberson.

No. eff you.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2013, 02:29:40 PM »

What a bafoon.

Also that Deadspin piece isn't very good at explaining the situation at all.  1/3 of the piece is just her story.  Her real beef is with POS DAs like Meggs, not with JW.

She also doesn't know jack crap about the law apparently, though she was happy to bring up having been a public defender.  She took issue with Meggs not interviewing JW.  JW lawyered up and said no.  That means no one can talk to him about it on the law enforcement side.  That's the end.  They can't force him to talk once he invokes and certainly not if it's through his rough ridin' attorney.  Very dumb.

If prosecutors believe a victim is credible and a crime took place, their job is to advocate for the victim, build a case, and do their best to put the criminal behind bars. For crying out loud, they are AT LEAST supposed to interview the accused rapist.

Also, prosecutors don't, or at the very least should never, interview criminal suspects.  Police do that.  You can't try a case as a prosecutor in which you might be a witness.  If she was a lawyer, then it doesn't seem she was much of one.  It reads mostly like she's talking out of her ass when she discusses her professional experience.  From what I've read Meggs is a rough ridin' joke, but she isn't any better.  "Do things you can't do!"  Doesn't help her credibility. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2013, 03:02:30 PM »

What a bafoon.

Reading and apparently spelling is very difficult for you. I have not once said that Winston is innocent, I don't know that, just like I don't know if he's guilty. If I see someone call him a rapist I'm going to offer balance.

I speak to you from a black perspective, this board and everywhere needs it. In my world I see popular shows like Friends and Girls who seemingly manage to live in New York and don't encounter any color. I see commercials where the only black women are fat and loud and the only black men hang out with only black people. I see people who see the name Jameis Winston and think rapist but who see the name Ben Rothlisburger and think Pittsburgh Steelers. You don't like my point of view, you don't have to but I'm not going to filter how I feel for you or anyone else. I couldn't give two shits how hypocritical that makes me in your or anyone else's eyes.
It took what, 2 weeks for Rothlisburger to rehabilitate his image after he sexually assaulted a woman with some help from his buds? Compare to Mike Vick who spent 21 months in prison on felony charges, was bankrupted and missed two seasons of work. Steelers are awful for keeping Ben around.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2013, 03:56:27 PM »

In my world I see popular shows like Friends and Girls who seemingly manage to live in New York and don't encounter any color.

I'm pretty sure Hannah was both dating and banging a black guy for an epi or two.  :party:
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2013, 03:59:53 PM »

In my world I see popular shows like Friends and Girls who seemingly manage to live in New York and don't encounter any color.

I'm pretty sure Hannah was both dating and banging a black guy for an epi or two.  :party:

This was because she took so much criticism from season 1. She even said in an interview this was the only reason that story was included.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2013, 04:15:03 PM »

This was because she took so much criticism from season 1. She even said in an interview this was the only reason that story was included.

I'm aware.  Are you suggesting that it didn't count?  Black guy dated and sexed.  Color.  Encountered.  Society prevailed.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2013, 04:30:06 PM »

What a bafoon.

She also doesn't know jack crap about the law apparently, though she was happy to bring up having been a public defender.  She took issue with Meggs not interviewing JW.  JW lawyered up and said no.  That means no one can talk to him about it on the law enforcement side.  That's the end.  They can't force him to talk once he invokes and certainly not if it's through his rough ridin' attorney.  Very dumb.

If prosecutors believe a victim is credible and a crime took place, their job is to advocate for the victim, build a case, and do their best to put the criminal behind bars. For crying out loud, they are AT LEAST supposed to interview the accused rapist.

Also, prosecutors don't, or at the very least should never, interview criminal suspects.  Police do that.  You can't try a case as a prosecutor in which you might be a witness.  If she was a lawyer, then it doesn't seem she was much of one.  It reads mostly like she's talking out of her ass when she discusses her professional experience.  From what I've read Meggs is a rough ridin' joke, but she isn't any better.  "Do things you can't do!"  Doesn't help her credibility.

Good points bread.  I would also note the unfortunate system we have for prosecutors who face elections.  I do believe that conviction % is lead towards less prosecution of good cases with less evidence.  Although Meggs  seems like a good ole boy POS.
http://mcimaps.com/floridas-second-circuit-state-attorney-race-how-willie-meggs-held-on/

http://the-classic-liberal.com/florida-state-senator-al-lawson-d-steals-videographers-camera/

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/jurisprudence/2013/11/jameis_winston_the_sexual_assault_allegations_against_the_florida_state.html

I wonder how this case would have gone if there wasn't a Title IX issue involved.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2013, 05:07:16 PM »
The conviction rate stuff is misleading.  Some smaller offices that don't try many cases simply owing to lack of population and crime don't like to try them when they arise because they aren't experienced.  They're afraid because they don't really know what they're doing.  They're not trial attorneys.  The get paid dick to sit around and plead out small potatos stuff.  They like nothing more than to plead things down to dispose of cases.  It's not about a winning percentage.  It's a lack of competence and work ethic.  They didn't take that job to try cases in front of juries.  They took it to sit on their asses the vast majority of the time.   

I've personally never once heard a prosecutor reference their conviction rate, though I'm sure there are plenty of fuckfaces out there that do.  Idiots care about stupid things.  It's also pointless, because if you duck cases that's the first thing your opponent is going to eff you in the press about over and over come election time.  It doesn't save you.  Letting crimes go uncharged is arguably far more publicly damaging than losing at trial.  The public is often as or more upset with the jury.  It's a hell of a lot easier to deflect blame at the end of a trial than it is if something goes uncharged.  There's really no PR incentive not to take a solid case to trial generally speaking. 

I don't think Meggs declined because he was worried about losing.  If people thought he was guilty (and they're out there), then they're already more pissed at Meggs for letting JW walk outright.  Meggs knows that.  He's been around there for a long time.  He's not even really a prosecutor.  He's just a politician and the boss.  The people that work for him are the ones that try the cases if they're to be tried.  His call, but they informed his decision. 

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2013, 05:17:44 PM »
I agree with Mr. Bread, but this is Florida, lots of weird legal crap happens there. I get the feeling nobody takes anything seriously down there, no matter which side you are on.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2013, 05:23:00 PM »

Did not watch season 2

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2013, 09:01:48 PM »
If we've learned anything from this, its that women should not be allowed to be attorneys.

Also, maybe I missed this, but what was the alleged victims alleged motive for allegedly fabricating her story?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2013, 09:27:51 PM »
The conviction rate stuff is misleading.  Some smaller offices that don't try many cases simply owing to lack of population and crime don't like to try them when they arise because they aren't experienced.  They're afraid because they don't really know what they're doing.  They're not trial attorneys.  The get paid dick to sit around and plead out small potatos stuff.  They like nothing more than to plead things down to dispose of cases.  It's not about a winning percentage.  It's a lack of competence and work ethic.  They didn't take that job to try cases in front of juries.  They took it to sit on their asses the vast majority of the time.   

I've personally never once heard a prosecutor reference their conviction rate, though I'm sure there are plenty of fuckfaces out there that do.  Idiots care about stupid things.  It's also pointless, because if you duck cases that's the first thing your opponent is going to eff you in the press about over and over come election time.  It doesn't save you.  Letting crimes go uncharged is arguably far more publicly damaging than losing at trial.  The public is often as or more upset with the jury.  It's a hell of a lot easier to deflect blame at the end of a trial than it is if something goes uncharged.  There's really no PR incentive not to take a solid case to trial generally speaking. 

I don't think Meggs declined because he was worried about losing.  If people thought he was guilty (and they're out there), then they're already more pissed at Meggs for letting JW walk outright.  Meggs knows that.  He's been around there for a long time.  He's not even really a prosecutor.  He's just a politician and the boss.  The people that work for him are the ones that try the cases if they're to be tried.  His call, but they informed his decision.
I agree with you once again, and I didn't mean to come off as all % driven.  You were totally right, but at times conviction % has been used.  In KS we had a particularly bitter AG races recently where those kinds of issues were brought up.  Mostly in the context of why isn't X candidate prosecuting Y crime and winning more/faux outrage.  But a lot of this is just the churn from politically volatile offices trying to look to elections rather than due process of law. 

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2013, 09:51:25 PM »
The reason cases plea out is because there aren't enough resources in the world to try 10% of the crimes committed. Like district court would be completely jammed up with criminal trials that no civil matter would ever be heard, no estate closed, and there wouldn't be a court reporter for 400 miles to take a deposition. DAs are overworked and do the gig at the hope of being hired into private practice or as an USA. They generally aren't lazy or apathetic.  They are also faced with an extreme burden of proof and arcane rules of evidence and procedure. 

Basically, cases plead out because we've decided to bulk process criminals in the USA.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2013, 09:56:49 PM »
The girl's story had some pretty big holes in it.  The presser after was in pretty poor taste and the investigation was botched all to hell but neither of those things make Winston guilty.

Nope. The monkeys can't help themselves. Why would that beautiful blonde say yes otherwise?
I mean...  :facepalm:

:Take the Bait:
You mean what, fanning? You wanna talk about this? I'd love to, lets do it.
I love Jameis, I think it's fishy that this got brought up when he got hot (cause I like him), but I don't see this as a race thing. More like a TMZ thing.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 10:10:02 PM by WackySquawk08 »