Author Topic: Ron Prince Stories!  (Read 557065 times)

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
Re: Ron Prince stories
« Reply #675 on: July 16, 2013, 12:16:35 PM »
dlineguy, I like your posts a lot

yeah. i feel like this message board is just a late night talkshow this summer and dline guy is just the next guest in an already star studded packed show. like opening monologue killed it and then first guest up was dgale and now dline guy. it's like letterman opening with stupid pet tricks and then clooney and pitt back to back on a random tuesday night.
Great analogy. Great.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 16, 2013, 12:17:01 PM »
dlineguy, I like your posts a lot

yeah. i feel like this message board is just a late night talkshow this summer and dline guy is just the next guest in an already star studded packed show. like opening monologue killed it and then first guest up was dgale and now dline guy. it's like letterman opening with stupid pet tricks and then clooney and pitt back to back on a random tuesday night.

I think you two are both very correct.

Offline FunruhCat76

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: July 16, 2013, 12:17:45 PM »
Boss quit because he and Prince got into it during a practice one day.  Got pretty heated.  The line was doing a crazy hard drill where they had to run and cut heavy bags all the way across the field and back continuously.  Boss separated his shoulder pretty bad as he dove, Prince got in his face about not getting up off the ground, being a pussy etc.  Boss cam back at him with some choice words. yadda yadda yadda.... he quit.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: July 16, 2013, 12:19:55 PM »
Boss quit because he and Prince got into it during a practice one day.  Got pretty heated.  The line was doing a crazy hard drill where they had to run and cut heavy bags all the way across the field and back continuously.  Boss separated his shoulder pretty bad as he dove, Prince got in his face about not getting up off the ground, being a pussy etc.  Boss cam back at him with some choice words. yadda yadda yadda.... he quit.

I like FunruhCat76 posts too.

Offline dlineguy57

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: July 16, 2013, 12:21:07 PM »
quote author=puniraptor link=topic=27982.msg867308#msg867308 date=1373993500]
What about James Franklin?
[/quote] awesome guy awesome coach- everyone loved him and Raheem.

Scott Frost incident?
No idea but Frost was already well above his pay grade the first day he came in. He will be a great o-coord. this year and he should be the first guy we call when Bill retires. I heard rumors about Ron ron telling him he "wasn't ready" for a position job- ronnie screwed this one up bad. Extremely hard worker, very well liked and was not an ego guy at all like you would expect.

Matt boss quitting incident?
matt couldve been a great player and an nfl player make no mistake. Prince would make shi@@# comments in front of the whole team daily crapping on Matt. He didn't even get chances in practice and when he would they would jump all over him. The helmet throwing incident was the last straw for him i'm sure and made 0 sense. HeY YOU GIVE ME YOUR HELMET- then he just tosses it like 30 yards , no one knew how to react. very strange head games with a good guy who could've helped a ton.

what did the team think of Ron's bone patrol habits? high fives or laughingstock?
no one really believed all that stuff- he was fantastic at fooling. I would say I started to understand when he dropped the "I'm not so sure that i shouldn't have drank more beer and f!@#$% more b!@#$%^ in our senior meeting.

dlineguy57, were you recruited by Prince or Snyder? Either way, do you have any interesting stories from your recruitment?
walk on- had one yr with LHCBS

FUNRUH will have better stories than this- he is the greatest chinese olineman in ksu history.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 16, 2013, 12:22:01 PM »
I'd say with some certainty that Ronnie is well aware of the goings on here...

I have it on pretty good authority that he has been pretty tense and agitated the past week, supposedly due to the information coming out at gE.

Karma can be a real bitch sometimes.

:bill:
bears are fast...

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 16, 2013, 12:22:47 PM »
christ there is more????

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: July 16, 2013, 12:25:42 PM »
This is just the best.   What was Prince like going into and after the Texas games?

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: July 16, 2013, 12:27:15 PM »
Someone ask Marcus Watts to come post!  :pray:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 16, 2013, 12:29:20 PM »
omg. eff comparing dline to just brad pitt. he's brad pitt + angelina jolie and maddox.

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 16, 2013, 12:30:30 PM »
Holy rough ridin' crap, we have former Prince era players on here now? goEMAW is doing incredible investigative journalism with several deep throats coming forward. I love this website and everyone involved. go cats.
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: July 16, 2013, 12:32:48 PM »
I can't believe this thread is actually getting better.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: July 16, 2013, 12:36:03 PM »
omg. eff comparing dline to just brad pitt. he's brad pitt + angelina jolie and maddox.

It's the summer dead period for coaches so they have a lot of time on their hands, I'm just waiting for Ron to drop in and turn Letterman into Springer

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: July 16, 2013, 12:36:40 PM »

This.  Absolutely amazing thread.  God bless DGale, dlineguy, and Funruh.  Sorry you had to put up with this monster. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: July 16, 2013, 12:38:29 PM »
SO MUCH HEALING

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: July 16, 2013, 12:40:29 PM »

This.  Absolutely amazing thread.  God bless DGale, dlineguy, and Funruh.  Sorry you had to put up with this monster.

yeah. this thing was basically in full on cardiac arrest four pages ago or so ago. basically just laying lifeless on the ground when dlineguy and funruh casually walk in with a defibrillator, tag team slap on the sticker things and then click the on switch and boom all of the sudden it's back up and running around faster and stronger than ever. pretty amazing.

Offline dlineguy57

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: July 16, 2013, 12:40:47 PM »
During Prince's last season he called dlineguy over to talk during one on one drills :comehere: The only thing he said was "i want you to start a fight". Basically the next rep i get in one on one's i'm going to start a fight. That's when i realized i needed to matchup vs. ed prince. Eventually word spread after the fight that ron ron ordered it and Funruhcat76 asked ronnie if that was true. Ron denied it in front of me and immediatly made me think about all the times he would say that he hates liars, cheaters, and people who steal.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: July 16, 2013, 12:41:18 PM »
so great, you guys.

welcome to our new friends/former ksu cat fb heroes.

please continue with stories!

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: July 16, 2013, 12:41:57 PM »
During Prince's last season he called dlineguy over to talk during one on one drills :comehere: The only thing he said was "i want you to start a fight". Basically the next rep i get in one on one's i'm going to start a fight. That's when i realized i needed to matchup vs. ed prince. Eventually word spread after the fight that ron ron ordered it and Funruhcat76 asked ronnie if that was true. Ron denied it in front of me and immediatly made me think about all the times he would say that he hates liars, cheaters, and people who steal.

that fink  :curse:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: July 16, 2013, 12:42:41 PM »
That's when i realized i needed to matchup vs. ed prince.

:lol:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: July 16, 2013, 12:44:02 PM »
As Ron Prince players, you guys got NEW KSTATE UNIFORMS. Did the new uniforms help you play better or harder or feel better or make you want to be at kstate more?

Offline FunruhCat76

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: July 16, 2013, 12:44:29 PM »
Going into Prince's office for a meeting was like meeting the architect from the Matrix.  As much as you prepared, he had this crazy ability to scramble your brain Lector style.

I read a few pages ago where people were talking about binders that he had?  All I know is that this dude had a 5 inch thick binder in his office that had every tidbit about everybody in it. 

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: July 16, 2013, 12:45:09 PM »
I just love ksu cat football stories, don't stop new gE stud friend posters!

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: July 16, 2013, 12:46:36 PM »
Going into Prince's office for a meeting was like meeting the architect from the Matrix.  As much as you prepared, he had this crazy ability to scramble your brain Lector style.

I read a few pages ago where people were talking about binders that he had?  All I know is that this dude had a 5 inch thick binder in his office that had every tidbit about everybody in it.

someone asked before, not sure that it got answered.  What was Prince like after the first texas win?

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: July 16, 2013, 12:47:55 PM »
can you talk to us of stepgate and the real truth to it?