Author Topic: Fake Patty's Day  (Read 69396 times)

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Fake Patty's Day
« on: March 05, 2012, 12:22:26 AM »
woot. Christmas in March.

Except it looks like every single bar is going to charge 5 bucks to get in. What the eff?

Did the townies win? Did tmcats pull a fast one? Or are the bars themselves just being greedy?

Either way this a huge development in this young emaw tradition, and i dont like it.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
Re: Fake Patty's Day
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 12:23:46 AM »
War's over, man. Strawn dropped the big one.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 12:24:01 AM »
Townies won. Aggieville has to pay a huge fee to have it this year, hence the cover charges.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 12:26:39 AM »
well eff. I guess this was inevitable. From what i hear Manhattan is going to be a police state as well. Hope all tbhis has no long term affects on the greatest college party ever

:frown:

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 12:28:11 AM »
From what i hear Manhattan is going to be a police state as well.

We're kinda already in that territory, honestly.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 12:30:08 AM »

Well yeah i know. But i think I read on FB that theyre bussing in pigs from all over the place. Really feel bad for underclassmen (--is that one word?) who are going to get dominated.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 02:24:11 AM »
$5 for an orgy seems like a fair deal

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 02:27:10 AM »
$5 for an orgy seems like a fair deal

If it was $5 for the whole event it wouldn't be terrible. But it's $5 to $10 to get into every bar. So unless you want to stay in the same bar all day/night, you're going to get gouged on top of everything else you pay for drinks. They won't have any drink specials worth a crap either except for some Bud Light with green food coloring in it. And with City Hall becoming all butthurt about enforcing fire codes in bars, you know that RCPD will be pulling the same crap they did last year with cockblocking everyone who wasn't inside a bar by 4 pm. Better to just save your money, buy a bunch of booze from the liquor store, throw a couple of couches on your lawn and party until RCPD runs you over with a SWAT truck.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 02:29:51 AM by 42 »

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 08:19:57 AM »
You guys should do a fake fake patty's day.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 09:28:31 AM »
This was started after I graduated - I still have no idea what Fake Patty's Day is. Sounds fun though  :dunno:
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 09:30:03 AM »
You guys should do a fake fake patty's day.

or #occupyaggieville

Offline buttsbuttsbutts

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 09:53:11 AM »

Well yeah i know. But i think I read on FB that theyre bussing in pigs from all over the place. Really feel bad for underclassmen (--is that one word?) who are going to get dominated.

:chainsaw:

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 10:36:34 AM »
This was started after I graduated.

this.  you all need to stfu and appreciate what you have.  save some money for the full price drinks and cover (boo-rough ridin'-hoo) and go get pak'd/laid. christ.  :dubious:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 11:03:26 AM »

this.  you all need to stfu and appreciate what you have.  save some money for the full price drinks and cover (boo-rough ridin'-hoo) and go get pak'd/laid. christ.  :dubious:

Jesus Christ guys, we're :kstategrad:.  Go spend $15 and get access to 3-10 bars depending on your bar preferences.  If you can't afford the covers, you can't afford to drink all day in Aggieville anyway.  What a joke.
:adios:

Offline bigDcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Fake Patty's Day
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2012, 11:11:54 AM »

Jesus Christ guys, we're :kstategrad:.  Go spend $15 and get access to 3-10 bars depending on your bar preferences.  If you can't afford the covers, you can't afford to drink all day in Aggieville anyway.  What a joke.

Yeah I don't see what the big deal is. K-State students are getting a pretty good deal over everyone else because of the opportunity to buy cheaper wrist bands. Also, how many bars are y'all planning on going to? I always thought the best plan was to find a bar where your group could fit and stay there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 11:22:54 AM »
Also, how many bars are y'all planning on going to? I always thought the best plan was to find a bar where your group could fit and stay there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I plan on going to 6 or 7 different bars and waiting in line 20 minutes at each one for the whole one in, one out deal. :dubious:

Also, I appreciate your use of "y'all" in your writing.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 11:52:11 AM »
JFC, what is this Bob Strawns laundromat? Socks everywhere.

You guys are missing the point. The townies have taken over and are running rampant like chickens with their heads cut off. FPD is increddibly fun and was a day i looked forward to all year when i was in school. But i guess some of you oldie mcoldersons wouldn't know fun if it bit you in the ass.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 11:53:13 AM »
why does bob strawn not want FPD?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2012, 12:02:52 PM »

Apparently it's because he can't even get laid at an orgy.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 12:15:34 PM »

He doesn't want Manhattan businesses to be successful obviously.

I was discussing this with Ging the other day, and we figure that it has to be the largest sales tax revenue day for the city of Manhattan other than the home football games (ticket sales and concessions, etc).  Also has to generate the most money from citations, court costs and all that.  Tons of the money infused is coming from people driving in from out of town  Has to be worth is for the townies to have to stay out of Aggieville for a day.  I don't really understand how a city leader could honestly be against it.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 01:05:37 PM »

Not all of us are :kstategrad: you know :shakesfist:

But regardless of the finances involved I think it'd be more fun to toss some couches and a big screen on your lawn, play some tailgating games, watch some hoops, and party with the randos who walk by rather than wait in line for 30 minutes to an hour to get into a bar while losing your buzz. FPD can be fun as crap, but it's jumped the shark in Aggieville.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 01:07:04 PM »

But regardless of the finances involved I think it'd be more fun to toss some couches and a big screen on your lawn, play some tailgating games, watch some hoops, and party with the randos who walk by rather than wait in line for 30 minutes to an hour to get into a bar while losing your buzz. FPD can be fun as crap, but it's jumped the shark in Aggieville.
Pretty high chance of rain for Saturday.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 01:08:22 PM »

Pretty high chance of rain for Saturday.

:sdeek:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 01:47:52 PM »
It stormed on FPD '09 I believe and was still fun.  42, my comment was mostly tongue-in-cheek, I'm just a starving grad student anyway.  However, I do think that if you are planning on going out for a lot of the day, the $3.33 for a wristband at a bar is a pretty small portion of what you are going to pay.  Agreed that it will be more fun to day-drink in yards than be in Aggieville if it is nice out.

Offline Lynchmobrules

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2012, 02:22:48 PM »
What are these wristbands that you speak of? I am coming from out of town, and I didn't even know they were doing cover charges until I read this thread.
"Wednesday if they don't come in and compete, I am going to destroy them." - Frank Martin