Author Topic: Computer thread  (Read 39164 times)

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Computer thread
« Reply #375 on: September 10, 2021, 10:50:06 AM »
did not know best buy actually had legit computer stuff. thought it was just a notch above walmart.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 10, 2021, 11:00:06 AM »
Does anywhere in Manhattan sell parts and build computers? I got some parts, but need to buy others.

Best Buy?

There is/was a computer store in one of those strip malls at about 4th and Ft Riley Blvd

Fox Business Systems?
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 10, 2021, 04:27:57 PM »
Newegg.com
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Cardiac Cats

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 31, 2022, 07:40:11 PM »
Anyone have a good portable usb monitor they recommend? WF”H” on a laptop in excel all day doesn’t cut it.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 31, 2022, 09:42:27 PM »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #380 on: February 01, 2022, 03:10:34 PM »
I bought a new keyboard.  I'm not a gamer so I it's not crazy fancy, but it'll be my first mechanical one.  Went with brown switches.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 01, 2022, 03:16:36 PM »
I bought a new keyboard.  I'm not a gamer so I it's not crazy fancy, but it'll be my first mechanical one.  Went with brown switches.

To match your posting?

:Keke:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #382 on: February 01, 2022, 03:28:58 PM »
Yes :frown:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 01, 2022, 03:33:37 PM »
oh man lib

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 01, 2022, 03:42:23 PM »
So, I got my inlaws a new Mac at Costco a couple years back. I set it up for them and noticed it was running pretty slow initially. I just figured it was loading all of their crap and it was just going to take a bit. Anywho, they have periodically mentioned the slowness over the years and i've done some crap to it to clean it up. I finally told them to bring it to me and its weird, it is just slow as crap. My Mac is like 5 years older and way faster. I did everything I could after some googling and its still just slow. Took it to Apple this weekend finally and they were like, what the hell? They ran several tests and everything checks out. They said the only thing to do is some factory wipe and manual reinstall of the OS. I get it back here in a bit and am hoping for the best so I don't have to deal with it anymore, but it is really odd no one can figure out why it is so slow and I'm not optimistic that it will be fixed. I do feel bad I didn't do this sooner when I could have taken it back to Costco.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 01, 2022, 03:57:32 PM »
So, I got my inlaws a new Mac at Costco a couple years back. I set it up for them and noticed it was running pretty slow initially. I just figured it was loading all of their crap and it was just going to take a bit. Anywho, they have periodically mentioned the slowness over the years and i've done some crap to it to clean it up. I finally told them to bring it to me and its weird, it is just slow as crap. My Mac is like 5 years older and way faster. I did everything I could after some googling and its still just slow. Took it to Apple this weekend finally and they were like, what the hell? They ran several tests and everything checks out. They said the only thing to do is some factory wipe and manual reinstall of the OS. I get it back here in a bit and am hoping for the best so I don't have to deal with it anymore, but it is really odd no one can figure out why it is so slow and I'm not optimistic that it will be fixed. I do feel bad I didn't do this sooner when I could have taken it back to Costco.

Well, that's Apple products for ya.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #386 on: February 01, 2022, 09:11:00 PM »
Probably not real, but sexy as sex

https://craob.com/

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 02, 2022, 08:14:04 AM »

Well, that's Apple products for ya.

I've never had any problem with any Apple product ever besides this one. I think this is more of an "old people somehow break things" issue.