Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Burp
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2014, 09:47:44 PM »
Ranchers are as big of losers as farmers?   :sdeek:

Well, I didn't say that.  These guys make a go of things in places where crops can't even be cultivated, so that deserves some respect.  But, this land use entitlement pisses me off.  It's our land.

Hell yeah it is Kemosabe

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2014, 10:02:23 PM »
The BLM is the federal government's "profiteering" arm. They hold millions of acres in "trust," but then lease it to the highest bidder.  After the bidder takes possession they change the rules (see the "lesser prairie chicken's impact on O & G leases).

It would be like if a credit card company issued you a 0% interest credit card, waited for you transfer a large balance, then changed the interest rate to the usury limit.

That's not entirely correct.  Lots of nepotism and conflicts of interest involved.   Not always open bids.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2014, 08:50:50 AM »
I thought on this last night...

Public land ranchers are definitely worse than private land ranchers and farmers.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2014, 09:59:04 AM »
The way the Reids (plural) keep chiming in, can't help but believe they're behind some of this stuff.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2014, 10:02:50 AM »
The way the Reids (plural) keep chiming in, can't help but believe they're behind some of this stuff.

Link?  On which side? 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2014, 10:10:22 AM »

Link?  On which side?
Rory slammed the BLM, but it pretty much sounds like he's saying the just need to do a better job next time they go in.

This is a long term deal, and nobody will likely be paying attention IF this turns out to be something else besides just the BLM doing what they should have done long time ago. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2014, 11:13:50 AM »
Cong. Tim Huelskamp ?@CongHuelskamp  19h
Harry Reid is benefiting from #cronies as the government #tramples on the rights of cattle ranchers. http://goo.gl/hOxYrF

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2014, 12:12:42 PM »

interesting if accurate:

While many Nevada politicians have expressed their support for Bundy, Reid has been largely silent about the controversy since federal agents unexpectedly surrounded the Bundy’s ranch last week.

That’s perhaps due to Reid’s reported lobbying of the BLM to change the desert tortoise’s mapped habitat, allowing Nevada real estate mogul Harvey Whittemore to build on land near the Bundy’s ranch.

Last year Whittemore was convicted of making illegal campaign contributions to Reid, and the Majority Leader’s former senior advisor was confirmed as the new head of BLM just last week.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/14/reid-warns-nevada-cattle-rancher-who-faced-down-feds-its-not-over/#ixzz2z4PwmtXg

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2014, 12:27:44 PM »
The state of the Nevada didn't steal that land from Mexico, the federal government did.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2014, 12:36:51 PM »
Cong. Tim Huelskamp ?@CongHuelskamp  19h
Harry Reid is benefiting from #cronies as the government #tramples on the rights of cattle ranchers. http://goo.gl/hOxYrF

lol, this rough ridin' guy

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2014, 01:30:35 PM »
Foxnews is really fanning the flames.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2014, 01:34:15 PM »
You will never take the cows away.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2014, 01:47:09 PM »
I don't understand any of this. like, why are people mad about him finally getting told to knock it off?

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2014, 01:51:50 PM »
I don't understand any of this. like, why are people mad about him finally getting told to knock it off?

I think it's because they are very selective about enforcing trespassing on federal land along with the amount of zeal they use in their selective enforcement.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2014, 01:53:31 PM »

I think it's because they are very selective about enforcing trespassing on federal land along with the amount of zeal they use in their selective enforcement.

Zeal? It's not like they rushed in there right after cancelling his lease.  He's been using the land for 25 years for free.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2014, 01:59:02 PM »

They're trying to turn it into a state's rights issue.  As in why is like 87% of Nevada land owned by the federal gubmint?  "Feds don't tell us what to do, yada yada."  I'm all for state's rights, but this isn't a state's rights issue.  Foxnews is really pissing me off over this. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2014, 02:19:04 PM »
I admit some parties have jumped to conclusions.   But it's absolutely appropriate to ask, why now?   Particularly when these events all occurred within a very short time frame after a Reid puppet boy took over the BLM.

The Whittemore issue is certainly something to keep an eye on.   Like I said earlier, this is a long term thing.  Once all the hype settles after they finally get all the cattle off the land, only a few will be paying any attention IF suddenly an entity with ties back to the Reid Mafia (or others) starts developing the land.   At most, it'll be relegated to some side story.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2014, 02:24:55 PM »
It shouldn't even be a side story
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2014, 02:25:56 PM »
I admit some parties have jumped to conclusions.   But it's absolutely appropriate to ask, why now?   Particularly when these events all occurred within a very short time frame after a Reid puppet boy took over the BLM.

The Whittemore issue is certainly something to keep an eye on.   Like I said earlier, this is a long term thing.  Once all the hype settles after they finally get all the cattle off the land, only a few will be paying any attention IF suddenly an entity with ties back to the Reid Mafia (or others) starts developing the land.   At most, it'll be relegated to some side story.

so it's like stealing a car and getting arrested but then finding out the cop voted for Obama

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2014, 02:29:21 PM »

Did you read the link? What's your definition of "very short time frame"?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2014, 02:32:18 PM »

so it's like getting arrested for stealing a car but then finding out the cop voted for Obama

Okay

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2014, 02:33:36 PM »

Did you read the link? What's your definition of "very short time frame"?

As in the guys with guns and round'em cowboys showed (again) right about the time a former Reid adviser was confirmed as the head of the BLM.   

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2014, 02:36:29 PM »
I think I'm going to build a cabin in Yellowstone.  I'd like to see the government try to stop me! It's public land!

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2014, 04:08:33 PM »
I think I'm going to build a cabin in Yellowstone.  I'd like to see the government try to stop me! It's public land!

There were these people living in caves on BLM ground in Idaho.  The BLM sort of grandfathered them in and allowed it to happen.  The last one recently died a few years ago.  He was affectionately called Dugout Dick.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/Dugout-Dicks-central-Idaho-caves-filled-in-by-BLM-155072155.html