Author Topic: I miss _Fan  (Read 17829 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: I miss _Fan
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2018, 09:15:37 AM »
how's the Royals thread over on KSO?

Oh, I'll be Royalsing over here.

I'm a masterthreads fan and that's something that is very annoying there. They'll have multiple threads started on the same topic at the same time.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2018, 09:19:45 AM »
how's the Royals thread over on KSO?

Oh, I'll be Royalsing over here.

I'm a masterthreads fan and that's something that is very annoying there. They'll have multiple threads started on the same topic at the same time.
I asked this morning for some sub forums.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2018, 09:22:06 AM »
the grcoat days were the best days

Yes, when the subject matter is interesting, turnout (quality and quantity) will be better at the arena, at paks, here, everywhere.  And the quality discussion includes serious data stuff as well as the bbs equivalent of combofan'n in front of perceived landmarks.

Yeah, when K-State sports is interesting then this board will be interesting. People here are older now, sure. That just means they won't spend their time BBSing about mediocre K-State sport's teams, and that's okay, they've got kids and crap now. Priorities ya know? I have no doubt that this place will be really fun if oscar ever makes a tourney run, or more likely once he's fired and the coaching search commences. Same thing with football. We're stuck with coaches in both sports that have an annoyingly high floor and low ceiling. K-State sports is just not very exciting right now.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2018, 09:23:22 AM »
I agree with all that's been said about ge. I'm fine with it at this point being a place I BBS about the Royals/Chiefs and even if there's better Cats discussion elsewhere I'm not going to bother to scour the internet seeking it out. My enthusiasm about KSU hoops is pretty low so meh, whatev. I'll continue to BBS as I have for the past 6 months, pop in pop out as needed. I just try to avoid all renocat threads.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2018, 02:14:26 PM »

Yes, when the subject matter is interesting, turnout (quality and quantity) will be better at the arena, at paks, here, everywhere.  And the quality discussion includes serious data stuff as well as the bbs equivalent of combofan'n in front of perceived landmarks.

Yeah, when K-State sports is interesting then this board will be interesting. People here are older now, sure. That just means they won't spend their time BBSing about mediocre K-State sport's teams, and that's okay, they've got kids and crap now. Priorities ya know? I have no doubt that this place will be really fun if oscar ever makes a tourney run, or more likely once he's fired and the coaching search commences. Same thing with football. We're stuck with coaches in both sports that have an annoyingly high floor and low ceiling. K-State sports is just not very exciting right now.

K-State sports aren't boring, our abundance of drama queens overdramatizing everything have seen to that.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2018, 02:26:02 PM »

K-State sports aren't boring, our abundance of drama queens overdramatizing everything have seen to that.

Yeah, not boring at all for me. There has been frustration, but I've really enjoyed this basketball season.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2018, 02:52:58 PM »
Damn you oscar!!!  Damn you to hell!!!    :shakesfist:

We should shitcan him and hire Jalen Rose tonight.

:love:
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2018, 03:59:08 PM »

Yeah, not boring at all for me. There has been frustration, but I've really enjoyed this basketball season.

That's fine if it's not boring to you. I think a big reason interest is down over here though is because it's boring for a lot of us. oscar Weber bubble teams and Snyder's 7-5 twilight years are not exactly moving the needle for quite a few people. When K-State hires a new coach in either sport I'll be much more enthusiastic, personally. Now, if it turns out they suck, I'll go back to being fairly uninterested, but right now I know what I'm getting in both sports, and It's pretty blah.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2018, 02:15:29 PM »

That's fine if it's not boring to you. I think a big reason interest is down over here though is because it's boring for a lot of us. oscar Weber bubble teams and Snyder's 7-5 twilight years are not exactly moving the needle for quite a few people. When K-State hires a new coach in either sport I'll be much more enthusiastic, personally. Now, if it turns out they suck, I'll go back to being fairly uninterested, but right now I know what I'm getting in both sports, and It's pretty blah.

https://twitter.com/StrawnBob/status/966147366330957824

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2018, 02:18:50 PM »
KSU's gonna need to allow for a full-on orgy right at center court.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2018, 02:41:41 PM »
AWWW YEAAAAHH

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2018, 02:47:37 PM »
good move by the AD

Offline SquatchAg

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2018, 04:05:54 PM »
Coming from a young, relatively new lurker, if you want to know the reason this place is dead all some of you have to do is look in the mirror.

All I see on here is:

-Constant bitching between posters often referencing past beefs that no one but them knows or cares about

-Making little effort to welcome new posters with, IMHO, a general attitude of seniority & exclusivness existing amongst the "regulars and originals," ex. acronyms and other crap specific to gE with no legend so that someone new can understand. I get the feeling some seem proud to tout they have more gE knowledge than newbies, yet simultaneously bitch about it being dead, while ALSO simultaneously bitching about the old guy who tells back in my day stories.

-General lack of any info. This place used to have a lot of insider rumblings and interesting sources with legit stories to break. KSO and twitter have unequivocally passed gE in that regard. I come here to try to learn stuff I don't already know, not see the same public bickering happen by page 3 every thread.

-Disinterest in recruiting news. This is a huge market that is largely ignored here.

-Lack of interest overall. Football hired a 3 new coaches that stimulated a whooping like 6 pages of thread, most of which had nothing to do with breaking down the actual hire. We have a basketball team full of likeable characters, but you can't make it a page of thread without a Oscar or a negative nancy derailment.

I get a free site with no one paid to run will be somewhat limited in resources. I get that I'm being a huge hypocrite not contributing anything myself. It just seems this has become the place the OGs created for the OGs. Don't be that same old guy from above who also just makes lame excuses and blames everything on the next generation because you don't know why something changed

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2018, 04:09:23 PM »
The temp sock was better
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2018, 04:37:18 PM »
i bet group texts hurt a lot too.  if group texts existed 10-15 years earlier, i bet Fans/gE wouldn't have thrived like it did.

banter amongst larger groups of friends is done through other mediums now.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2018, 04:40:08 PM »
gE is a virus that just chose a poor host (Kansas State University).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The Big Train

« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2018, 04:48:28 PM »

Did you see that link I posted about KU having a huge rise in STDs?  You don’t see that kind of article about Kansas State University.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2018, 04:57:51 PM »

Did you see that link I posted about KU having a huge rise in STDs?  You don’t see that kind of article about Kansas State University.
Because Kansas State University is a poor host. See above.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2018, 04:58:26 PM »
-Making little effort to welcome new posters with, IMHO, a general attitude of seniority & exclusivness existing amongst the "regulars and originals," ex. acronyms and other crap specific to gE with no legend so that someone new can understand. I get the feeling some seem proud to tout they have more gE knowledge than newbies, yet simultaneously bitch about it being dead, while ALSO simultaneously bitching about the old guy who tells back in my day stories.

For what it's worth this was always true, even in the glory days.  We just weren't so soft.  Frank is wrong, the kids have changed.

knock knock
who's there
8manpick
8manpick from goEMAW.com
8manpick from goEMAW.com who?

Also, here are your acronyms, dork: http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=21265.msg540151#msg540151

Edit: Or here http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=5399.0

Need any more hand-holding?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 05:02:01 PM by 8manpick »
:adios:

The Big Train

« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2018, 04:59:17 PM »

gE runs on hawk host tho :dunno:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2018, 05:02:48 PM »

I don't understand the joke. Could u express it in a few lines of code?

The Big Train

« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2018, 05:04:04 PM »

Only if you respond using big words you don’t understand. 

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2018, 05:07:02 PM »
i bet group texts hurt a lot too.  if group texts existed 10-15 years earlier, i bet Fans/gE wouldn't have thrived like it did.

banter amongst larger groups of friends is done through other mediums now.

Yes, I can think of many things that would have formerly been posted, that instead are texted between you, me, @Ging and @Tortuga (<--note exclusive insidery former names), or other groups
:adios:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2018, 05:11:05 PM »

Only if you respond using big words you don’t understand.
Do I do that? Legit confused about your post.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2018, 05:37:37 PM »
Coming from a young, relatively new lurker, if you want to know the reason this place is dead all some of you have to do is look in the mirror.

All I see on here is:

-Constant bitching between posters often referencing past beefs that no one but them knows or cares about

-General lack of any info. This place used to have a lot of insider rumblings and interesting sources with legit stories to break. KSO and twitter have unequivocally passed gE in that regard. I come here to try to learn stuff I don't already know, not see the same public bickering happen by page 3 every thread.

-Disinterest in recruiting news. This is a huge market that is largely ignored here.

-Lack of interest overall. Football hired a 3 new coaches that stimulated a whooping like 6 pages of thread, most of which had nothing to do with breaking down the actual hire. We have a basketball team full of likeable characters, but you can't make it a page of thread without a Oscar or a negative nancy derailment.

I get a free site with no one paid to run will be somewhat limited in resources. I get that I'm being a huge hypocrite not contributing anything myself. It just seems this has become the place the OGs created for the OGs. Don't be that same old guy from above who also just makes lame excuses and blames everything on the next generation because you don't know why something changed

I had/have all these same criticisms.  I originally came here because i couldn't stand Fitz...i joined gpc many, many moons ago and really enjoyed it during the "glory" years of KSU athletics.  At some point i just couldn't stand the way Fitz was running the place so i cancelled my subscription and came here....for all it's warts this place at least allowed me to continue to discuss the Cats.  I honestly hadn't even considered KSO now that Fitz is gone.  I just went over there and the site looks great.  I'm gonna sign up for a year and see how it goes.