Author Topic: Blow huge holes in movies with LSOC  (Read 49960 times)

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
Re: Blow huge holes in movies with LSOC
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2011, 08:37:49 PM »
Plus, when movies say "based on a true story" or "inspired by true events", where do you draw the line on when you can use that claim?? Knowhatimean?

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2011, 09:05:53 PM »
Plus, when movies say "based on a true story" or "inspired by true events", where do you draw the line on when you can use that claim?? Knowhatimean?

Fargo and The Blair Witch Project both used that claim and yet the stories were completely fictitious, so obviously there is no line. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2011, 09:13:11 PM »
In the newest Indiana Jones movie, Indy survives a nuclear blast by sitting in a refrigerator. GMAFB with that.

Well that's a lot more believable than the alien space ship at the end.  Or Mola Ram reaching in and pulling somebody's heart out of their body and them still being alive.

As someone who thinks South Park is not very good anyway, that episode (which Comedy Central more or less forced everyone to watch) really  was stupid.

I agree that South Park is pretty played out, but personally I thought that episode was pretty funny.  Throwing them into famous movie rape scenes was pretty funny, IMO.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2011, 09:40:02 PM »
Okay, in Ferris Bueller's day off, it it is supposed to be the spring semester of his senior year.  And they live out side of chicago, right?  But after Cameron freaks out over the mileage on the Ferrari, and he goes catatonic, they go swiming in ferris's pool.  In March/April in Chicago?  And the pool is already open and they can run around in swimsuits?

I don't think so Mr. Hughes.  Busted!
They also go to a Cubs game.  I'm thinking it's probably early May. Still slightly cool for a pool party, but still believable. NEXT!
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2011, 09:41:21 PM »
Watched Commando last night.  When he gets on the plane, he breaks the dudes neck and escapes out the bottom of the plane.  During the entire 11 flight, no one bothered to check on the dead dude or the dude that's been in the bathroom for 11 hours.  Also, he drives a tractor type thing through the wall of a gun store that has all sorts of big ass guns and rockets but no alarm system.  Pretty hard to believe that.
You dumbass.

First off, he gave instructions to the stewardess not to bother his friend. He was "dead tired".  She probably did notice something was up halfway through the flight, but what the hell are they going to to do, turn around?

Second, the alarm did go off, it was a silent alarm. How else do you think the police got there so quickly?

NEXT!

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2011, 09:42:46 PM »
Just read this last night so it's pretty funny that you brought this movie up.

Mr. Rooney was the mean old Dean of Students who spent the entire movie trying to prove that Ferris was skipping school while pretending to be sick. What a mistrustful tight-ass. Why the hell does he care so much if one student takes a day off?

Let's get the obvious out of the way: this is his goddamned job. He is the Dean of Students, not the Dean of Not Giving A Damn. People are always all up the public schools system's digestive tract for not taking a more active interest in their students and that's exactly what Mr. Rooney was doing. It doesn't matter if, on a personal level, he's a dick or not -- he is literally paid with your tax money to make sure kids aren't doing exactly what Ferris did. The kid can go to a museum and drive a sports car on the weekend. During the week, he and the other kids are Rooney's responsibility so they can, you know, get an education.

And you know what? He was right all along. Ferris was skipping school. Worse yet, he lied to his parents and friends about being sick and pretty much got the whole town involved in the farce. He lied, he stole, and he caused millions in property damage by destroying Cameron's dad's beautiful car. That's not adorable, that's just being an egocentric crock. It wouldn't have been a satisfying movie ending to see Rooney expose Bueller for his douchebaggery, but it would have been by far the more just outcome. What happens instead is that Rooney loses his wallet and almost has his nipples ripped off by a Rottweiler.

And we're asked to sit back and say, "serves him right for caring about the future of our country!"

You know, this has always bothered me about this movie, especially the stuff about Ferris being a douche.  Which he is?  I didn't like him.  He's that drunk clown at the party that acts like a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) and yet no one can see through him but you (think Barack Obama).

A thing that always bugged me in a movie--a good friend pointed this out recently--is in Empire Strikes Back ...

Han, Leia, and company are being chased by the empire in the Falcon. 

Meanwhile, Luke is receiving his Jedi training on Dagobah.

The movie cuts back and forth between the two, and the two storylines converge at Lando's cloud city AT THE SAME TIME.

So ...

Either the Empire was chasing Han Solo and Princess Leia for months and months and months, or ...

... it only takes a few hours to complete Jedi training. 

They actually stayed on the gas planet of Bespin for quite awhile.  It was days, not hours, though.

NEXT!

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2011, 09:43:58 PM »
You guys ever seen that movie District 9?  Seems like there is no way the world would put South Africa would be in charge of that thing.  I mean the World Cup is one thing, but aliens in a slum?  Kind of ruined the whole movie for me.
I don't understand why the spaceship fuel also turned people in to aliens.  That didn't make much sense. 

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2011, 09:45:14 PM »
In Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, at the end of the boat chase in Venice, the boat gets chopped up by that huge propeller, and at the last second they abandon the boat and get rescued.  In the quick shot of them mounting the other boat, it shows the boat that just got chopped up as being completely unharmed.   :confused:

I have always loved that movie, but it bugs me every time I see that shot.
That is just shitty directing, not a plot hole.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2011, 09:45:43 PM »
goonies problem #1- the restaurant, rock and lighthouse all fit the doubloon. lol at thinking 2/3 of those were there at the time that the doubloon was supposedly made.
Very believable.  Sorry bro.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2011, 09:46:59 PM »
Harry effing Potter.

Sooooo, every single effing bad guy, EVER, is from the house of Slytherin.  How about we just effing kick the house of Slyterin out of the effing school.  That effing talking hat that picks which house you belong to should just say "you're effing out of here" instead of "Slyterin."  Problem solved.
Slytherin is a noble wizardy house, which produces some of the finest wizards of all time, such as Draco Malfoy.

:fatty:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2011, 09:48:24 PM »
goonies prob #2- when they tear up the contract at the end and throw it into the air and then all of the sudden there is like twenty times more paper.

goonies prob #3- in the end where they ask data what the scariest part was and he references the octopus that was cut out of the movie. umm yeah, nobody knew what the hell data was talking about until ten years later when they aired the uncut version on network tv and then all the sudden you're like "octopus? wtf?"

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2011, 09:49:04 PM »
goonies problem #1- the restaurant, rock and lighthouse all fit the doubloon. lol at thinking 2/3 of those were there at the time that the doubloon was supposedly made.
Very believable.  Sorry bro.

lol. no.  :nono:

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2011, 09:52:14 PM »
goonies prob #2- when they tear up the contract at the end and throw it into the air and then all of the sudden there is like twenty times more paper.

goonies prob #3- in the end where they ask data what the scariest part was and he references the octopus that was cut out of the movie. umm yeah, nobody knew what the hell data was talking about until ten years later when they aired the uncut version on network tv and then all the sudden you're like "octopus? wtf?"

:fatty:

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2011, 09:52:49 PM »
I always like watching the network TV versions, they cut out some good parts but always add in a deleted scene or two.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2011, 10:00:58 PM »
goonies #4- why does everything rhyme in english when mouth is translating from spanish?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2011, 10:12:42 PM »
Okay, in Ferris Bueller's day off, it it is supposed to be the spring semester of his senior year.  And they live out side of chicago, right?  But after Cameron freaks out over the mileage on the Ferrari, and he goes catatonic, they go swiming in ferris's pool.  In March/April in Chicago?  And the pool is already open and they can run around in swimsuits?

They also go to a Cubs game.  I'm thinking it's probably early May. Still slightly cool for a pool party, but still believable. NEXT!

And at the game the Cubs are tied with the Atlanta Braves 2-2 BUT THEY DIDN'T PLAY THE BRAVES AT HOME IN APRIL OR MAY OF THAT YEAR!!

I sank your movieship!

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2011, 12:00:49 AM »

And at the game the Cubs are tied with the Atlanta Braves 2-2 BUT THEY DIDN'T PLAY THE BRAVES AT HOME IN APRIL OR MAY OF THAT YEAR!!

I sank your movieship!

Yeah they did.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teamstats/schedule.php?y=1986&t=CHN

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2011, 01:19:28 AM »
Reservoir Dogs- Who the eff shot Nice Guy Eddie?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2011, 01:22:50 AM »
Reservoir Dogs- Who the eff shot Nice Guy Eddie?

Thought about this a while back. I think the cops did.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2011, 01:51:10 AM »
 Back to the future:  So Marty returns to the present and his family is crazy rich and successful in the end all because of the events leading up to the enchantment under the sea dance.  That part u get, but isn't that kind of profoundly tragic?  I mean, Marty's family is so much different than what they were before Doc got them into that mess, that Marty, hardly would know them.

Also, the Libyans that crash their van in the twin pines parking lot probably would have survived that "wreck" they were in and then just shot Doc in the face.

Finally, even if those Libyans did die from the world's most tame fatal car crash, there would definitely be more.  After all, this terror group got its hands on plutonium and operated in the United States suburbia.  Certainly other cells would have gotten to them or found a way to get the plutonium for whatever doomsday device they were planing.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2011, 06:56:51 AM »
In star ship troopers the bugs are impossible to kill early in the film and in the middle/end they just get mowed down by the humans.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2011, 07:47:28 AM »
Back to the future:  So Marty returns to the present and his family is crazy rich and successful in the end all because of the events leading up to the enchantment under the sea dance.  That part u get, but isn't that kind of profoundly tragic?  I mean, Marty's family is so much different than what they were before Doc got them into that mess, that Marty, hardly would know them.

Also, the Libyans that crash their van in the twin pines parking lot probably would have survived that "wreck" they were in and then just shot Doc in the face.

Finally, even if those Libyans did die from the world's most tame fatal car crash, there would definitely be more.  After all, this terror group got its hands on plutonium and operated in the United States suburbia.  Certainly other cells would have gotten to them or found a way to get the plutonium for whatever doomsday device they were planing.
You think they would have known the difference between a bomb casing with pinball parts vs a real bomb too, but maybe these guys were amateurs.  After all, they were Libyans residing in or about Hill Valley. 

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2011, 07:48:12 AM »
In star ship troopers the bugs are impossible to kill early in the film and in the middle/end they just get mowed down by the humans.
They showed how to kill them better, didn't they? In one of those "the more you know" military training movie snippets.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2011, 07:49:23 AM »
Clueless.  Kind of weird she would make out with her step brother.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2011, 09:39:42 AM »

I sank your movieship!

Yeah they did.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teamstats/schedule.php?y=1986&t=CHN

That would have been at por after graduation.  Not a few weeks BEFORE graduation...as he states at some point in the movie.