Author Topic: Robin Williams  (Read 6798 times)

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Robin Williams
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2014, 10:25:38 AM »

Jesus Christ people...if you have friends or family who are mentally ill, help them. If you are mentally ill, ask for help.

Yes, it's definitely this simple.  rough ridin' dunce.

I wasn't gE'ing and I wasn't simplifying things. Too many people think of mental illness as shameful or something that people can 'fix if they want to' and it's not that simple at all. I wish that people would treat mental illness as seriously as it needs to be treated.
I know all these people need is a shout out on a message board.  We are saving lives here, if you don't like it you can eff right off Bread!
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2014, 10:32:58 AM »
good will hunting, dead poets society, aladdin  :frown:

his good will hunting character is one of my all time favs
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2014, 10:33:41 AM »
Hey guys. I just heard that Robin Williams died.  Can anyone confirm?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2014, 10:55:55 AM »
Mental illness and substance abuse are a terrible cocktail. It is really quite awesome that he made it as long as he did.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2014, 10:59:55 AM »
 :frown:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2014, 11:04:00 AM »
^ crap

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2014, 11:25:11 AM »
http://ferniecommaalex.tumblr.com/post/94480237479/years-ago-when-sentimental-lady-was-on-harold

It was eating at him that he hasn't been in a truly successful movie in over a decade

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2014, 11:35:45 AM »
what are his worst movies?  probably pretty good
What Dreams May Come is absolutely the worst 2nd date movie in the history of electricity

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2014, 12:08:31 PM »
Death to smoochy was his best role and it's not even close

Rainbow rough ridin' Randolph
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2014, 12:15:26 PM »
really enjoyed Good Morning Vietnam
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline signature move

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2014, 01:47:57 PM »
for a bunch of very good posters, you guys sure like a lot of shitty movies, i.e., almost everything robin williams ever did. (i agree with whomever said one hour photo was prolly his best. maybe poets society for almost purely sentimental reasons; it isn't a very good movie.)

i am sorry he committed suicide, but sheesh.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2014, 02:01:27 PM »
for a bunch of very good posters, you guys sure like a lot of shitty movies, i.e., almost everything robin williams ever did. (i agree with whomever said one hour photo was prolly his best. maybe poets society for almost purely sentimental reasons; it isn't a very good movie.)

very glad signature move is here to provide this much needed insight. eff all of you and your movie enjoying asses.

Offline kst8cat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2014, 02:03:49 PM »
Hook was really good.

I think I'd rather asphyxiate myself than to watch Hook again.

i'd like you to try

You would like me to try watching Hook again???   :sdeek:  Jeez, what have I ever done to you, seven?  I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy in the world.  That is just flat out wrong. 

Offline signature move

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2014, 02:03:57 PM »

very glad signature move is here to provide this much needed insight. eff all of you and your movie enjoying asses.

if you call that enjoying movies. . .

ps  you're welcome

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2014, 02:09:50 PM »
Jumanji should have won awards

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2014, 02:13:05 PM »
Insomnia (Christopher Nolan!) was also very underrated

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2014, 02:18:34 PM »
It'll be at least another day or two before the hypothetical people in the hypothetical afterlife start saying "jesus (ha!), does this guy ever shut the eff up?"

Offline KSUblumpkin

• Dr. Blumpkin, Esquire
  • goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Combo-Fan
  • My awesomeness gives Bill Self diarrhea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2014, 02:19:23 PM »
Death to Smoochy is fanfreakingtastic.  I watched it last night in memoriam and it is ever bit as glorious as the first time I saw it.  I am not going to lie and say I loved his movies as most I wasn't a fan of, but he made more people laugh in a day than I ever will throughout my entire life and that is worth a toast from me.

:cheers:
#OperationMotorBoatCindy

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2014, 03:47:31 PM »
It'll be at least another day or two before the hypothetical people in the hypothetical afterlife start saying "jesus (ha!), does this guy ever shut the eff up?"

#acting

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
:dance:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2014, 03:55:26 PM »
Has nobody else seen The World According to Garp?

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline signature move

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2014, 04:01:00 PM »
http://salinapost.com/2014/08/12/sheriffs-statement-on-death-of-actor-robin-williams/

:surprised:

Mr. Williams was cool to the touch with rigor mortis present in all of his extremities and livor mortis positioned appropriately for the position he was located in. The inside of Mr. Williams’ left wrist had several acute superficial transverse cuts. A pocket knife with a closed blade was located in close proximity to Mr. Williams. The pocket knife was examined and dry red material was located on the blade which appeared consistent to dried blood. It is unknown at this time if the dried red material is in fact blood or if it is Mr. Williams’ blood, but scientific testing will be conducted to evaluate its investigative value.

man, clinical analysis is just so. . . clinical.

also, livor mortis is new to me.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2014, 04:21:17 PM »
http://salinapost.com/2014/08/12/sheriffs-statement-on-death-of-actor-robin-williams/

Mr. Williams was cool to the touch with rigor mortis present in all of his extremities and livor mortis positioned appropriately for the position he was located in. The inside of Mr. Williams’ left wrist had several acute superficial transverse cuts. A pocket knife with a closed blade was located in close proximity to Mr. Williams. The pocket knife was examined and dry red material was located on the blade which appeared consistent to dried blood. It is unknown at this time if the dried red material is in fact blood or if it is Mr. Williams’ blood, but scientific testing will be conducted to evaluate its investigative value.

It's a fancy term for blood settling or pooling after death. I believe it is more common to see it referred to as postmortem lividity.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2014, 04:32:03 PM »

It's a fancy term for blood settling or pooling after death. I believe it is more common to see it referred to as postmortem lividity.

I don't know how you can understand a word of those barking/growling/whatever vocals.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2014, 04:34:43 PM »
Has nobody else seen The World According to Garp?

Gonna win 'em all!

Yes, slobber.  It's pretty mumped up.  You got his wife giving a beej to some bro in the driveway and then Garp crashes into them and one of the kids rough ridin' dies and rape victims' cutting their own tongues out and his mom getting shot to death and tranny Lithgow and then he gets shot.  Oh and the mom conceiving with some dude in a vegetative state.  I mean what the eff did I sit there and watch when I was like five or six years old.  Not cool for a Little Bread to experience all that. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.