Author Topic: StL County Cops Shoot Teen  (Read 232956 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: StL County Cops Shoot Teen
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2014, 07:06:49 PM »
Also, i'm pissed at the cops on this one, it's total bull crap. I just hate how much Nick Wright beats this drum. He's going after some news anchor in KC and calling him a fraud for just RT'ing reports from KC.  :facepalm:

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2014, 07:21:15 PM »
Also, i'm pissed at the cops on this one, it's total bull crap. I just hate how much Nick Wright beats this drum. He's going after some news anchor in KC and calling him a fraud for just RT'ing reports from KC.  :facepalm:

I hate how people just dismiss Americas problems.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2014, 07:22:44 PM »
Ugh. Nick Wright is going off on @KrisKetzKMBC. He said he was just RT the riots and not explaining the act on 96.5 the buzz. Something about how we treat black youth differently than minorities in news coverage.. He loves talking about this stuff.

i legitimately read this 20 times and i'm no closer to understanding what's going on with nick wright
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2014, 07:33:26 PM »

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2014, 08:29:14 PM »

Do our police forces need the tactical equipment of. Navy Seals?

There seems to be a rise  of police brutality and abuse of authority with the new use military grade equipment. 

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2014, 08:37:35 PM »
again, i only know little bits i've read online, but it just seems like if you're pissed at the police, as they should be, that destroying local businesses is one of the stupidest things you could possibly do to express that.

aside from that, read this:

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/america-is-not-for-black-people-1620169913/+marchman

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2014, 09:16:53 PM »
Ugh. Nick Wright is going off on @KrisKetzKMBC. He said he was just RT the riots and not explaining the act on 96.5 the buzz. Something about how we treat black youth differently than minorities in news coverage.. He loves talking about this stuff.

i legitimately read this 20 times and i'm no closer to understanding what's going on with nick wright
Audio at the bottom http://www.965thebuzz.com/pages/14087527.php?contentType=31&contentId=5805&pid=420651

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2014, 09:22:12 PM »

Audio at the bottom http://www.965thebuzz.com/pages/14087527.php?contentType=31&contentId=5805&pid=420651

i'm not going to listen, but feel free to summarize.  or don't, that's fine too.

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2014, 09:24:24 PM »
This crap is getting rediculous, I walked out of Starbucks today with my mocha latte, a cop is just outside
He looks me over and says "what the eff are you lookin' at?"  I put my head down and walked away while he put his hand on his sidearm.  I can't guarantee I would be alive tonight if I would have smarted
Off.  Who on earth is making these guys think it's ok to act like this?
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2014, 09:26:22 PM »
Seven, I'll do it tomorrow when I'm not bbs'ing from my phone.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2014, 09:32:13 PM »
Go Reds!

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2014, 09:35:34 PM »
Go Reds!

hard to tell if red or orange.  maybe go chicago.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2014, 09:41:05 PM »
Nice wine selection.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2014, 10:04:45 PM »
I am so hurt for Michael Brown's parents, but I'm done being outraged over black men being hunted in the streets. We don't value black lives the way we do others, that's fact. Morons toe did it in this thread, "they" who is "they?" This unarmed teen less than a week from starting college was shot in the back and some people's reaction is "but look at them burning that QuickTrip and stealing shoes. This is the world we live in. Even if this cop is found guilty of something we will still view black men as less than human and something to feared, like wild chimps.

Also a note about cameras on cops. I live in a county where only 17,000 people live, about 95% white, and all of the Boone city officers wear cameras and mics in addition to having dash cams.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2014, 10:06:35 PM »
If they can afford all the combat equipment of an infantry division, they can strap on a gopro and have a dash cam

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2014, 10:11:30 PM »
I am so hurt for Michael Brown's parents, but I'm done being outraged over black men being hunted in the streets. We don't value black lives the way we do others, that's fact.
Fact?  Who is "we"?  I think there's a lot of people that are outraged by the murder.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2014, 10:14:26 PM »
Yes! This is total bullshit. They need to make an example out of this cop.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 10:43:53 PM by WackyCat08 »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2014, 10:26:10 PM »
I am so hurt for Michael Brown's parents, but I'm done being outraged over black men being hunted in the streets. We don't value black lives the way we do others, that's fact.
Fact?  Who is "we"?  I think there's a lot of people that are outraged by the murder.

"we" is American society in general. Which is sadly true.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2014, 10:30:09 PM »

Fact.

We is everyone, the western world as a collective. Black people too, we shoot each other like rough ridin' pop cans on a post because a black life doesn't have equal value.  This has nothing to do with outrage. If I posted a video on YouTube of me shooting a baby raccoon there would be plenty of outrage.

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2014, 10:31:15 PM »

Why don't we? 

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2014, 10:31:46 PM »
Good strat here.

i have no idea what's going on, but are they doing this in response to what the cops did?
not directly.

Yes, and this is the way they 'revolt'...

The people looting/burning crap don't give a crap about the kid, they are just using this as an excuse to loot/burn crap.  But hey, "they" all look alike so "they" all are doing it.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2014, 10:33:21 PM »

Why don't we?

It's extremely complicated, but it largely stems form our history of racism going back to the European settlers arriving here.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2014, 10:35:43 PM »

Fact.

We is everyone, the western world as a collective. Black people too, we shoot each other like rough ridin' pop cans on a post because a black life doesn't have equal value.  This has nothing to do with outrage. If I posted a video on YouTube of me shooting a baby raccoon there would be plenty of outrage.

was just about to post something similar to this.  it sounds simplistic, but the problem needs to be addressed between blacks themselves before "white america" will correct itself.

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2014, 10:39:42 PM »

Why don't we?

It's extremely complicated, but it largely stems form our history of racism going back to the European settlers arriving here.
It's very unfair that this is the case, what can we do as a country to put a higher value on black people.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2014, 10:48:02 PM »

Why don't we?

It's very unfair that this is the case, what can we do as a country to put a higher value on black people.

Yeah, it is unfair. Again it's really complicated, but I think we should start by investing in better education opportunities for poor black communities. Like radically more and differently than we do now.