Author Topic: Kansas City things  (Read 983608 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City things
« Reply #10425 on: July 11, 2018, 09:06:12 AM »
Guys, wacky almost died.  Show some damn respect.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #10426 on: July 11, 2018, 09:10:38 AM »
It's all fun and games until a goddamn thug shoots into a Jose Peppers, dlew.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10427 on: July 11, 2018, 10:55:02 AM »
What power does the kc mayor have regarding the police department when it's controlled by the state? I don't really know how that arrangement works.
He is a member of the commission. He helps set the budget the city gives to the police but has a small voice in how it's spent....last year PD spending was increased 3.3% by KCMO.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10428 on: July 11, 2018, 10:57:08 AM »
It's all fun and games until a goddamn thug shoots into a Jose Peppers, dlew.
Do you understand how widespread gun violence is in this metro? You won't be able to walk out your front door if you want to avoid all the places a shot has been fired.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10429 on: July 11, 2018, 11:03:24 AM »
wacky what's your angle here, that the city is dangerous and phil/people are trying to deny it?

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10430 on: July 11, 2018, 11:17:06 AM »
sounds like the prevalent argument here is that it's the police who control crime, when that's actually not the case
more police, less crime- sure.  but with more police also comes increased crime reporting so there's that.

but our pro slyers will only focus on his hands being tied and that there's nothing he can do because he doesn't control the police.  they ignore the causation because they're being the good little slyers that they were born to be.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10431 on: July 11, 2018, 11:58:06 AM »
I literally just posted he hasn't done enough but I'm not a criminal prevention dude to know what to suggest he do to a decades old problem.

My beef with the state controlled police board is that he and past mayors could very well be using that as a crutch....so remove that crutch and let him fix crime since he states it's an impediment.

sounds like the prevalent argument here is that it's the police who control crime, when that's actually not the case
more police, less crime- sure.  but with more police also comes increased crime reporting so there's that.

but our pro slyers will only focus on his hands being tied and that there's nothing he can do because he doesn't control the police.  they ignore the causation because they're being the good little slyers that they were born to be.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10432 on: July 11, 2018, 12:29:04 PM »
wacky what's your angle here, that the city is dangerous and phil/people are trying to deny it?
Just passing time.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10433 on: July 11, 2018, 02:01:22 PM »
I literally just posted he hasn't done enough but I'm not a criminal prevention dude to know what to suggest he do to a decades old problem.

My beef with the state controlled police board is that he and past mayors could very well be using that as a crutch....so remove that crutch and let him fix crime since he states it's an impediment.

remove the crutch? just because slyin calls it a crutch, doesn't make it one.  the whole reason why mayors in missouri don't control the police is because corrupt past mayors exactly like sly forced the state to come in and remove that power.  of course slump (sly+trump) wants to consolidate power, ever hear of an oligarch that doesn't?

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10434 on: July 11, 2018, 02:04:02 PM »

remove the crutch? just because slyin calls it a crutch, doesn't make it one.  the whole reason why mayors in missouri don't control the police is because corrupt past mayors exactly like sly forced the state to come in and remove that power.  of course slump (sly+trump) wants to consolidate power, ever hear of an oligarch that doesn't?

Only one mayor in Missouri...or any state in the US actually.

Wow...sly and Trump are like polar opposites but nice job!

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10435 on: July 11, 2018, 02:05:43 PM »
It sounds like a case very well could be made that Wacky was shot by Common last night.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10436 on: July 11, 2018, 02:27:34 PM »
It sounds like a case very well could be made that Wacky was shot by Common last night.
Dude haunts my entire family. Actually, Mrs wacky just told me about the shooting last night. I was super.  :horrorsurprise:

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10437 on: July 11, 2018, 02:29:37 PM »

ok.  kcmo city government has a long history of corruption that continues to this day. 

does that make you feel better?  your boy slump is corrupt AF and you better hope that the new airport process doesn't get audited because slump and patrick klein will be going down in flames.

btw, how does someone who doesn't understand FAA rules and how environmental assessments work get a job being the aviation director?  who knows, i'm sure he's qualified in the non-airport/FAA parts of his job. 

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10438 on: July 11, 2018, 02:34:29 PM »
Slump :love:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10439 on: July 11, 2018, 02:35:10 PM »
Does KC have disproportionately worse crime than other places?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10440 on: July 11, 2018, 02:39:56 PM »
The data is not kind to kcmo

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10441 on: July 11, 2018, 02:41:19 PM »

ok.  kcmo city government has a long history of corruption that continues to this day. 

does that make you feel better?  your boy slump is corrupt AF and you better hope that the new airport process doesn't get audited because slump and patrick klein will be going down in flames.

btw, how does someone who doesn't understand FAA rules and how environmental assessments work get a job being the aviation director?  who knows, i'm sure he's qualified in the non-airport/FAA parts of his job.
Pat Klein does not seem up to this task I agree.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10442 on: July 11, 2018, 02:52:55 PM »
he's not up to the task but that doesn't matter when you've spent 20 years solidifying your spot in the good old boy network and your boy troy appoints you to the position.  kcmo city politics at its finest. 

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10443 on: July 11, 2018, 02:55:37 PM »
he's not up to the task but that doesn't matter when you've spent 20 years solidifying your spot in the good old boy network and your boy troy appoints you to the position.  kcmo city politics at its finest.
You act like this is unique to government.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10444 on: July 11, 2018, 02:56:02 PM »
The data is not kind to kcmo

Show me (ha!).

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10446 on: July 11, 2018, 03:10:26 PM »
I see things like that, but then when I look at the numbers that separate the spots, there just isn't that much difference proportionately and not one that I think people would discern just living normally in the same places.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10448 on: July 11, 2018, 03:20:18 PM »
Nope
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10449 on: July 11, 2018, 04:49:20 PM »
I see things like that, but then when I look at the numbers that separate the spots, there just isn't that much difference proportionately and not one that I think people would discern just living normally in the same places.
Quit being reasonable .....wackys old apartment had a shooting by it last month....this is serious.