Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 983107 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #10575 on: August 10, 2018, 04:03:52 PM »
getting the CSR 100k, doubling up on the $300, was, and still is, one of my life's greatest thrills

^^^ NSFW.

Mine arrived just now. Looking forward to charging up some STV’s and loading up my transit cards later.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10576 on: August 14, 2018, 08:35:36 AM »
what is the consensus on this new SW card?  40k points, spend 15k in a year get 25k more, so essentially 80k points for spending 15k plus 149$ annual fee, and looks like a 75$ annual travel credit.  i'm a southwest guy since i live in kc and don't travel a ton (3-4 trips a year), so i'm thinking i add this to the rotation, still use CSR for restaurants, Freedom for quarterly stuff, and then this new card for everything else up to 15k.  thoughts?

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #10577 on: August 14, 2018, 09:41:32 AM »
it's fine for getting the companion pass

Offline Cardiac Cats

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10578 on: August 16, 2018, 01:27:30 PM »
My wife is sitting on 80K starpoints, and doesn't have a Marriott account. What's everyone doing with their points?  Letting them convert? Redeeming for an awesome trip?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10579 on: August 16, 2018, 01:34:49 PM »
My wife is sitting on 80K starpoints, and doesn't have a Marriott account. What's everyone doing with their points?  Letting them convert? Redeeming for an awesome trip?

It looked to me like Marriott did a good job incorporating the best parts of SPG into the combined program, so I don't think there's any harm in letting them convert.  I actually ended up converting a bunch of my SPGs into a much bigger bunch of Marriott points early, to stay at a Marriott-branded place in July.

Offline Cardiac Cats

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10580 on: August 16, 2018, 02:23:55 PM »

It looked to me like Marriott did a good job incorporating the best parts of SPG into the combined program, so I don't think there's any harm in letting them convert.  I actually ended up converting a bunch of my SPGs into a much bigger bunch of Marriott points early, to stay at a Marriott-branded place in July.

Wasn't sure if I should take advantage of the additional 5K points when transferring 20K points.

Not in tune with Marriott, are you able to transfer between household similar to SPG?

My employer just sent this out which confused me, because I thought I'd get 3x regardless, which led to the original question.

The merger of the Marriott, Ritz Carlton, and Starwood loyalty points programs will enter its next phase on Saturday, August 18th. Right now, you receive 3 points on Marriott for every 1 point you transfer over from Starwood.  This ratio will change on Saturday, August 18th to a 1:1 ratio. Any traveler who wants to get the true value of their Starwood points should transfer them over to their Marriott account or redeem the nights before Saturday.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10581 on: August 16, 2018, 02:37:23 PM »
I don't think that's accurate.  It's 3-1 now or automatically later.  Here's some stuff on your other matters:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/last-minute-spg-marriott-merger-checklist/

https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/2018/08/14/final-pre-marriott-spg-merger-checklist/

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #10583 on: August 27, 2018, 08:12:03 PM »
Oh man, 48 months between the Sapphires now.  :Crybaby: I was going to get one this fall after coming off my 24 moth reserve bonus. Got an ink recently, now what the hell am I going to get?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10584 on: August 27, 2018, 09:25:55 PM »
Oh man, 48 months between the Sapphires now.

eff you chase.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10585 on: August 28, 2018, 08:22:02 AM »
i should know this, but does that mean 48 months between cancel->apply, or 48 months between apply->apply

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #10586 on: August 28, 2018, 08:43:30 AM »
i should know this, but does that mean 48 months between cancel->apply, or 48 months between apply->apply

Pretty sure it’s from when you received the bonus, but I don’t know much.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10587 on: August 28, 2018, 09:10:15 AM »
i guess i could do some research, it is when you get the bonus

https://thepointsguy.com/news/chase-sapphire-bonus-waiting-period-now-48-months/

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10588 on: August 29, 2018, 02:03:26 PM »
Just applied and was approved for the CSR.  There should be no issues with transferring URs from the CSP to this account right? 
@mikec2w

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10589 on: August 29, 2018, 02:13:02 PM »
Just applied and was approved for the CSR.  There should be no issues with transferring URs from the CSP to this account right? 

Everyone's understanding here is that you shouldn't have been able to get a CSR while still having a CSP.  That's why the process has been to transfer all CSP URs to an Ink or Freedom, cancel the CSP and then get the CSR.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10590 on: August 29, 2018, 02:53:07 PM »

Everyone's understanding here is that you shouldn't have been able to get a CSR while still having a CSP.  That's why the process has been to transfer all CSP URs to an Ink or Freedom, cancel the CSP and then get the CSR.

Well....I applied and was approved.  Could be because I was just an authorized user on my wife's account?  :dunno:
@mikec2w

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10591 on: August 29, 2018, 03:15:13 PM »
Well....I applied and was approved.  Could be because I was just an authorized user on my wife's account?  :dunno:

yeah, that doesn't count.

also i'm not sure if you can't have a csr and csp.  i know you can't get a bonus for both within 24, now 48 months, but i have no information about (or interest in finding out) whether you can have both cards at the same time.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10592 on: August 29, 2018, 03:32:11 PM »
i opened a CSR in dec 2016 while already having a CSP

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10593 on: August 29, 2018, 03:39:11 PM »
i think back in 2016 chase still considered csp and csr separate products.  not sure, though.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10594 on: August 29, 2018, 03:42:41 PM »
i opened a CSR in dec 2016 while already having a CSP

yeah i did the same, in the exact same month, it was incred

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10595 on: August 29, 2018, 04:37:23 PM »

yeah, that doesn't count.

also i'm not sure if you can't have a csr and csp.  i know you can't get a bonus for both within 24, now 48 months, but i have no information about (or interest in finding out) whether you can have both cards at the same time.

Not having both simultaneously was the other criteria aside from 5/24 and 24 months (now 48) between sapphire bonuses that I had to check off, confirmed by the humans inside a Chase branch and on their batphone a couple months ago.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10596 on: August 30, 2018, 01:38:04 PM »
jetblue is a chase travel partner

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10597 on: August 30, 2018, 02:07:38 PM »
My new Chase Business Ink Preferred is on its way. 80k point signup bonus after $5k in 3 months.

I'll be rolling my 50k points from the CSR into the Ink and cancelling the CSR before it renews. The 130k points will be enough to buy 1 of my two tickets to Tanzania next fall on KLM airlines. Boom.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10598 on: August 30, 2018, 02:10:16 PM »
somebody shop a pakhead on this

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile