Author Topic: 2-0 this week!  (Read 10271 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: 2-0 this week!
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2018, 12:44:32 PM »
oscar looks like he's standing at a urinal with his feet hanging out on the next guy's side of the divider.
I figured he has a herniated testicle.  Which explains a lot.

Nah.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2018, 12:48:58 PM »
oscar will find a way to make the tournament, he may even find a way to make it past the round of 64. But you can't convince me that ADGT didn't make this decision with the thought of confidence in oscar that he can keep fans at bay for just a few more years, maybe even build a good postseason run. Im not a fan of that decision but an extension is made with way more confidence than doubt.
This team is bipolar.  We are capable of going 5-1, and making the Sweet Sixteen.  Or losing every game.  If we have success this year and maybe next year, the long term prognosis looks like a maggot  infested pile of decaying horse crap.  Weber is building anything here - he is selling the farm to save his butt.  What did we get with the five scholarships we had to give?  Not one has really panned out. Save the future of Cat basketball, and can Weber.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2018, 12:52:08 PM »
oscar will find a way to make the tournament, he may even find a way to make it past the round of 64. But you can't convince me that ADGT didn't make this decision with the thought of confidence in oscar that he can keep fans at bay for just a few more years, maybe even build a good postseason run. Im not a fan of that decision but an extension is made with way more confidence than doubt.
This team is bipolar.  We are capable of going 5-1, and making the Sweet Sixteen.  Or losing every game.  If we have success this year and maybe next year, the long term prognosis looks like a maggot  infested pile of decaying horse crap.  Weber is building anything here - he is selling the farm to save his butt.  What did we get with the five scholarships we had to give?  Not one has really panned out. Save the future of Cat basketball, and can Weber.

We're really not bipolar. We've lost Big 12 games to the best 2 defenses (by far) and KU. We beat everyone else. We'll see if we become bipolar the rest of the way, we might. We may be the most consistent team in the Big 12 so far outside of Texas Tech.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2018, 12:56:25 PM »
I can't quite place it but there is a slightly creepy, almost non-human vibe to the way oscar is standing in those pics.  Like oscar is really a wax figure or maybe even an animatronic figure.  oscar is the host version of a basketball coach from the original Westworld.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2018, 01:08:52 PM »
I can't quite place it but there is a slightly creepy, almost non-human vibe to the way oscar is standing in those pics.  Like oscar is really a wax figure or maybe even an animatronic figure.  oscar is the host version of a basketball coach from the original Westworld.

Well, he certainly lacks self awareness.

Online 114Hickory

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2018, 01:33:52 PM »

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2018, 01:40:59 PM »
Well he obvs isn't a terminator because if so he would be undefeated every year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2018, 05:56:39 PM »
We're really not bipolar. We've lost Big 12 games to the best 2 defenses (by far) and KU. We beat everyone else. We'll see if we become bipolar the rest of the way, we might. We may be the most consistent team in the Big 12 so far outside of Texas Tech.

This is exactly how I feel. We could actually turn out to be a very consistent team which would put us in the tournament.  I still expect to lose @OU because of how much better they are at home, but otherwise we have no good reason to think KSU won't run the table for the rest of their schedule.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2018, 06:33:50 PM »
:lol:

you guys are looking at cbb in a bubble.  college basketball teams are not static.  we’re not the same team that beat these teams earlier in the season.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2018, 06:53:31 PM »

This is exactly how I feel. We could actually turn out to be a very consistent team which would put us in the tournament.  I still expect to lose @OU because of how much better they are at home, but otherwise we have no good reason to think KSU won't run the table for the rest of their schedule.

When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2018, 09:38:58 PM »

you guys are looking at cbb in a bubble.  college basketball teams are not static.  we’re not the same team that beat these teams earlier in the season.

You could be right. But you could be wrong too. :dunno:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2018, 12:26:57 AM »
Greg, I'm not 100% sure you're recalling the breakdown of that extension correctly.

That said, it would be completely unfair for KSU to ever fire him.  He's completely met and continues to meet expectations.
This extension reduced the buyout after this year correct?

ADGT also had this quote

"I have had the opportunity to observe our men's basketball program and visit with oscar on multiple occasions since I became athletics director," Taylor said. "I couldn't be more pleased with the type of person we have leading our program. Coach Weber is well-regarded throughout college basketball as an outstanding coach and a man who conducts his program with integrity and class."

"My goal is to provide the support and resources for all our teams to find success and have the opportunity to win championships," Taylor said. "We have won a Big 12 championship under his leadership and are confident about the state of the program and the potential of this year's team."

However if this year's team fails to have the success that Gene Taylor thought that it was gonna have then oscar could be on his way out but i'm willing to bet Meow 5 bucks that he will be here until the end of the 2020 season

This is the part of the quote where you realize Gene Taylor is lying to preserve the reputation of the university. The truth is that most coaches who know oscar hate the guy. He is not thought of well by rival coaches, and Gene Taylor knows that. It's the ADs job to pretend like his/her coaches are living saints up until the point they fire them, and even then, they blow a bunch of sunshine up everybody's ass about valued contributions and so forth. All in all, this quote is meaningless.

My biggest issue with the anti-Bruceites is their propensity to completely make sit up. Stop trying to paint the dude as some sociopath. The truth is he's a very awkward dude who is a very average basketball coach, it really doesn't need to be anything more than that.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2018, 12:34:43 AM »
oscar says passive aggressive shitty stuff about coaches after losses all the time. I've never heard Bill Self be as disrespectful toward a coach as he's been toward oscar, and it's 100% deserved. Lots of blow by hand shakes, and I'm sure he's not the smoothest operator at Big XII events either. Tom Izzo is the only guy I feel like I've ever heard legitimately defend the guy. Probably because he misses whipping his ass every year.

So the eff what? Are we really going to hold the coach of our rival school not liking our coach in high regard because of crap that happened 15 years ago somewhere else? Who cares? Bill hating oscar should be endearing. You don't really think that's the only coach-to-coach drama? I heard Scott Drew say on national television last night that nine big 12 schools should be in the tournament, should we use that to drum up drama between he and Prohm?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2018, 06:41:27 AM »

Of course I am. Also, I'm not saying we're going to repeat 6-0 against those teams. I think the likelyhood of us playing well in most of the remaining games against these teams that don't play much defense and that we've already beaten is much higher than Tech and WVU who are obviously much better and present match up problems. I don't think that as much against KU, we just completely sucked against them in Manhattan.

And I agree with MIR. If oscar doesn't make the tournament or whatever standard Taylor has for him, he should absolutely be gone in my mind. Given the circumstances Taylor inherited its justified and I think he'll do it. But making up this oscar stuff has no bearing on whether he'll be fired or not.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2018, 07:06:52 AM »
I think we will stumble in at 3-3 down the stretch. but, we've already done better than I thought we would this year so who knows. I thought we'd be super, super, super bad and we're just medium.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2018, 09:44:54 AM »
Greg, I'm not 100% sure you're recalling the breakdown of that extension correctly.

That said, it would be completely unfair for KSU to ever fire him.  He's completely met and continues to meet expectations.
This extension reduced the buyout after this year correct?

ADGT also had this quote

"I have had the opportunity to observe our men's basketball program and visit with oscar on multiple occasions since I became athletics director," Taylor said. "I couldn't be more pleased with the type of person we have leading our program. Coach Weber is well-regarded throughout college basketball as an outstanding coach and a man who conducts his program with integrity and class."

"My goal is to provide the support and resources for all our teams to find success and have the opportunity to win championships," Taylor said. "We have won a Big 12 championship under his leadership and are confident about the state of the program and the potential of this year's team."

However if this year's team fails to have the success that Gene Taylor thought that it was gonna have then oscar could be on his way out but i'm willing to bet Meow 5 bucks that he will be here until the end of the 2020 season

This is the part of the quote where you realize Gene Taylor is lying to preserve the reputation of the university. The truth is that most coaches who know oscar hate the guy. He is not thought of well by rival coaches, and Gene Taylor knows that. It's the ADs job to pretend like his/her coaches are living saints up until the point they fire them, and even then, they blow a bunch of sunshine up everybody's ass about valued contributions and so forth. All in all, this quote is meaningless.

My biggest issue with the anti-Bruceites is their propensity to completely make sit up. Stop trying to paint the dude as some sociopath. The truth is he's a very awkward dude who is a very average basketball coach, it really doesn't need to be anything more than that.

What in the eff are you talking about? He's a very awkward dude who is an inadequate coach. That's my point, entirely. Period.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2018, 09:46:46 AM »
it depends on your definition of inadequate, but that seems a little dramatic

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2018, 09:47:55 AM »
Yeah, it is.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2018, 09:49:00 AM »
oscar says passive aggressive shitty stuff about coaches after losses all the time. I've never heard Bill Self be as disrespectful toward a coach as he's been toward oscar, and it's 100% deserved. Lots of blow by hand shakes, and I'm sure he's not the smoothest operator at Big XII events either. Tom Izzo is the only guy I feel like I've ever heard legitimately defend the guy. Probably because he misses whipping his ass every year.

So the eff what? Are we really going to hold the coach of our rival school not liking our coach in high regard because of crap that happened 15 years ago somewhere else? Who cares? Bill hating oscar should be endearing. You don't really think that's the only coach-to-coach drama? I heard Scott Drew say on national television last night that nine big 12 schools should be in the tournament, should we use that to drum up drama between he and Prohm?

I'm not saying the KU coach hating our coach is a bad thing. It's bad that oscar is so goddam awkward that he can't get along with people, because his mode of operation is to unintentionally offend every human he comes across because he's a rough ridin' weirdo. Part of being a great basketball coach is being a great people person. oscar is a terrible people person. It doesn't make him a bad person in a moral sense, but it does make him a sub-optimal choice of coach for a school that less recruiting advantages than others.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2018, 09:50:10 AM »
it depends on your definition of inadequate, but that seems a little dramatic

Having an average coach is inadequate. The object of sports management, and this may seem dramatic, is to employ good coaches.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 09:57:13 AM by ksupamplemousse »

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2018, 09:52:05 AM »
Why settle for grea when adequate is available
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2018, 09:58:22 AM »
I didn't know other coaches not liking oscar was a thing. Is that a thing?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2018, 10:02:13 AM »
It is if it fits your agenda.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2018, 10:07:47 AM »
Giving a crap about what Steve Prohm thinks of K-State's coach is at the bottom the list of gaf's I care about when it comes to evaluating our current coach. It's just an additional crutch for saying I hate oscar Weber. Like MIR said.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2018, 10:10:15 AM »
It is if it fits your agenda.

Listen man, I'm not just making this crap up. One of my good buds in Manhattan, old townie, knows Lon, Brad, Huggy, and oddly enough Scott Drew on a personal level, and the consensus on oscar amongst coaches (according to these fellows) in the Big XII ranges from mild bemusement at his awkwardness to pretty intense dislike. He takes some pretty cheap shots in press conferences at times (I think unintentionally) and he acts like a petulant child when they lose a close game, and people don't like it, because most of them don't do those things, because as a coach, you're supposed to give other coaches the benefit of the doubt and act like a man when you lose. He can't do that, and (many) other coaches don't like him because of it. I really don't feel like this is super hard to believe. I know my buddy who smokes stogies on the golf course with some of these coaches is not a source I'm going to be citing in the newspaper or something, but it makes enough sense that I have no reason to doubt him.