Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 652803 times)

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #10350 on: August 11, 2018, 11:58:40 PM »
can't complain about road wins, but both lafc and houston were at less than full strength...hopefully these wins will get some momentum going...

pk call tonight was an interesting one...color guy didn't think it was a pk...i'm not sure what to think, myself...

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #10351 on: August 12, 2018, 07:33:29 AM »
Can't complain?  That was LAFC's first loss at home.  Celebrate good things geesh.

And you can't just kick out especially when a person's face is in the way.  Not really sure why there is any debate. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10352 on: August 13, 2018, 03:29:12 AM »
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWDwYSkQj5g[/youtube]

great play by rooney, but how do you send your keeper up for a corner in a 2-2 game?  unless they figured a draw is literally no better than a loss???

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #10353 on: August 14, 2018, 08:09:30 PM »
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWDwYSkQj5g[/youtube]

great play by rooney, but how do you send your keeper up for a corner in a 2-2 game?  unless they figured a draw is literally no better than a loss???

Without all 3 points, their chances at the playoffs are basically gone. It was the correct move.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10354 on: August 15, 2018, 03:55:23 PM »
SUCK IT CLEVELAND!!

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10355 on: August 25, 2018, 08:29:26 PM »
Ugh

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10356 on: August 25, 2018, 08:29:46 PM »
Does this crap happen in other leagues?

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10357 on: August 25, 2018, 11:21:54 PM »
what?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10358 on: August 26, 2018, 10:00:34 AM »
what?

I was getting frustrated with the bunkering :D

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10359 on: August 26, 2018, 04:26:54 PM »
what?

oh...well it can be bad in europe too, especially when unevenly matched teams face each other in UCL/Europa Cup, even national teams...I didn't think it was too egregious by Minnesota this time

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10360 on: August 29, 2018, 06:06:21 PM »
what?

oh...well it can be bad in europe too, especially when unevenly matched teams face each other in UCL/Europa Cup, even national teams...I didn't think it was too egregious by Minnesota this time

Yeah they outshot us and we "only" had 57% possession.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10361 on: August 29, 2018, 06:36:16 PM »
I can't find the first half stats but it had to be 90% possession. Also I was cauldron pak'd at the time (right before halftime iirc)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10362 on: August 29, 2018, 08:48:25 PM »
The Sounders coach talks like #oscar.  Not the voice of course, but the things he says.  I hate him.

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10363 on: August 29, 2018, 09:23:26 PM »
Guys, I have a confession.  I hate American soccer culture.  It really sucks.  The chants/songs are embarrassing.  It's just lame. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2FF0n2FHVk

This crap turns me off from MLS.  And there's a lot more videos out there just like this one.  Do you guys enjoy this?  Any ideas on how to fix American soccer culture? 

And I'm not talking about the play on the field.  MLS has certainly improved there.  I just can't get into the American fan culture.  It's so cringey. 

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10364 on: August 29, 2018, 09:30:42 PM »
I think just focusing on the fun rather than the constant need to validate why you care about soccer would be a good step, but the old local media types constantly asking banal questions about how to improve the game makes it very irritating

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10365 on: August 30, 2018, 04:02:52 PM »
that 7 game win streak  :eek:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #10366 on: August 31, 2018, 10:01:30 AM »
Guys, I have a confession.  I hate American soccer culture.  It really sucks.  The chants/songs are embarrassing.  It's just lame. 

This crap turns me off from MLS.  And there's a lot more videos out there just like this one.  Do you guys enjoy this?  Any ideas on how to fix American soccer culture? 

And I'm not talking about the play on the field.  MLS has certainly improved there.  I just can't get into the American fan culture.  It's so cringey.

Lol BBQ is the most fun chant we do. Lighten up, bud. I agree we do some stupid chants, but who cares? Are you not embarrassed by some of the crap K-State students chant?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #10367 on: August 31, 2018, 10:03:49 AM »
You can go anywhere on the internet and find some British bad person talking about how Americans don't understand football. I'm not an MLS fan so the rest of the world can validate us.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #10368 on: August 31, 2018, 10:28:23 AM »
They really need to shorten the season.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10369 on: August 31, 2018, 06:06:01 PM »
I can't find the first half stats but it had to be 90% possession. Also I was cauldron pak'd at the time (right before halftime iirc)

It was 68%

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10370 on: August 31, 2018, 06:15:50 PM »

Self-hate is sad. What an amazingly silly thing to hold against an entire country or culture. Manchester United had a vaguely racist chant last season that was intended to support Lukaku, but he had to ask them to stop doing it.  West Ham sings a song about bubbles, You'll Never Walk Alone is an American show tune from the 1940s. None of this even touches European football's history of violence and racism within its culture, or Africa's history of corruption, or all of the above for South America. Whatever your reasons are for American soccer self-hate are yours, you're clearly struggling to find it, but to point to the culture, as if soccer doesn't have a problematic culture issue worldwide is laughable.

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10371 on: August 31, 2018, 07:52:44 PM »
lol you dorks are reading into my comments to much.  what irritates me about american soccer culture is crap like this  https://youtu.be/Dy3iqsUzrkA?t=571

And this isn't isolated.  every single soccer fanbase has these cringey chants.  even FC Wichita has these cringey, childish chants. 

MIR i'm talking about the songs American fans sing not the history of violence or racism in soccer, I should've specified this earlier.  There is obviously no place for racism and violence in soccer.  I like Fulham for a reason.  Really clean history. 

But c'mon guys.  Americans chant the lamest crap at soccer games.  Surely you guys have seen that clip of the fight and win sounders fan.  Gimme a break with this crap. 

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #10372 on: September 01, 2018, 01:39:08 PM »
lol you dorks are reading into my comments to much.  what irritates me about american soccer culture is crap like this  https://youtu.be/Dy3iqsUzrkA?t=571

And this isn't isolated.  every single soccer fanbase has these cringey chants.  even FC Wichita has these cringey, childish chants. 

MIR i'm talking about the songs American fans sing not the history of violence or racism in soccer, I should've specified this earlier.  There is obviously no place for racism and violence in soccer.  I like Fulham for a reason.  Really clean history. 

But c'mon guys.  Americans chant the lamest crap at soccer games.  Surely you guys have seen that clip of the fight and win sounders fan.  Gimme a break with this crap.

Have... Have you been to an SKC game? Wgaf about random clips on Youtube?

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10373 on: September 01, 2018, 04:20:28 PM »

Have... Have you been to an SKC game? Wgaf about random clips on Youtube?

Of course i have.  And those random clips on youtube are common occurrences around MLS stadiums every week. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10374 on: September 03, 2018, 12:19:16 AM »
But the overall premise of the argument is real weak. What your fail to realize is that having some shitty chants and songs isn't at all unique to North America or well anywhere. Like I said this just comes across as a rationalization.