Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
It's a fine line... Definitely easy to get information overload to a point where you're just twisting yourself in knots. I admire how bubba Watson has purportedly never taken a formal lesson, but he's also an exceptional talent. If you don't fully understand the mechanics it can be very valuable to have someone who does say "hey quit moving your head around so much" or w/e and like bam game changer that just fixed a bunch of your issues

Golf is very weird. Its really the only sport I've tried where I really really struggled. I'm def shitty at other sports, but I could always at least be average. When I first just started going out there, I obviously sucked ass, but started getting a bit better on my own just by playing. Then I took some lessons and learned some things and got a bit better. Then, out of rough ridin' nowhere, I couldn't even hit the ball 30 feet. Just over and over I would be slicing, chunking, etc. It just happened and it lasted for like a month or more. That is the hardest part mentally for me. I feel like I'm doing the same thing I did before, but the results are crap and I have no idea why. As I said above, I hope i'm a bit past that as I've kind of figured out that if the ball does this, I probably did that and can adjust a bit. Learning to play golf past 40 is not recommended. I'm making my kids play so they at least learn the basics early.
I wish I would of learned to play as a kid but my dad never played so I ended up taking a 1 credit hr golf class at ole ksu and had a buddy who worked at Colbert hills who would let us play the par 3 for free. That class was the only instruction I've ever had and my grip is pretty messed up now from figuring out what works for me. Ended up shooting an 88 at Hodge Park in Nkc last weekend so I'm happy with that.

About 4 years ago I went through a stretch like you were talking about where I just couldn't hit a ball, literally went home after losing 10+ balls on 7 holes on a 9 hole round after work.

Stopped playing for about a month and I was back to normal.

This was the advice everyone gave me during that time, but I continued to go to the range several times a week thinking I could figure it out. I bought an 8 lesson package this year really just to spread them out over the playing season so if something goes bad, I can meet and hopefully reset. When it goes bad, i've learned that I either need to break or get in front of someone that knows what they are doing and can help.
Kansas State Football / Re: Greg Sharpe; pancreatic cancer
« Last post by Skipper44 on Today at 08:33:24 AM »
his voice, enthusiasm and professionalism made him the gold standard for a team employed php guy for me.

IIRC his wife was on the TV side of WIBW so the split was incredibly complicated for him.
Other Sports (Tiger's Back) / Re: The Royals
« Last post by ChiComCat on Today at 08:32:41 AM »
maybe the royals wouldn't be a small market team if their fans would actually pay for whatever channel is required to watch them, good gracious. now more than ever they need you to stop being Midwest Cheap

Seems to me like it's the Royals goddamn job to figure this out and not their fanbase's job to pay for it. 

SKC broke the Bally's deal after they saw how shitty it was for their fans in the first year.  Royals didn't care and the deal was probably as costly to the stadium vote as anything.
The New Joe Montgomery Birther Pit / Re: Possible WW3 thread
« Last post by sonofdaxjones on Today at 08:09:14 AM »
LMAO - there were entire Patriot batteries taken out by the Russians in Ukraine. There’s still lots of hypersonic  missiles getting through in Ukraine as well. Anyone who believes the claimed shoot down rate is either a giant derp or holds stock in defense contractors, if not both.

Missiles defense was effective against slow drones, and relatively low tech easily detectable high trajectory Iranian ballistic missiles and non stealth cruise missiles fired from over 1500 miles away with copious levels of advance warning.

One day #blueanon #neocon will understand that for many Islamic states it’s about the action itself, not the effectiveness of the action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The New Joe Montgomery Birther Pit / Re: Possible WW3 thread
« Last post by Pete on Today at 08:07:28 AM »
https://twitter.com/Noahpinion/status/1779964782181011613
This is great news. Iran appearing as impotent as Russia against the best available tech. Excellent deterrent to wider war.
« Last post by Pete on Today at 08:02:34 AM »
That’s horrible. It was a catastrophe when we lost him due to the media partner change. He’s tremendous.
« Last post by Havs on Today at 08:02:24 AM »
Legend. As much as I wouldn't wish "being forced to describe every snap of nubb football" on my worst enemy, I do hope GS calls every snap of nubb football this year and for several more years.

He's really good at it. I heard him a lot when I lived in Nebraska. Best wishes to him.
Wacky's World / Re: Wacky Ban
« Last post by Havs on Today at 08:00:05 AM »
How long until we see his next burner tweeting about going to church in the morning, only to be in full-on tirade mode by 4pm on a Sunday again.
« Last post by BIG APPLE CAT on Today at 07:56:52 AM »
Legend. As much as I wouldn't wish "being forced to describe every snap of nubb football" on my worst enemy, I do hope GS calls every snap of nubb football this year and for several more years.
Other Sports (Tiger's Back) / Re: The Royals
« Last post by BIG APPLE CAT on Today at 07:35:25 AM »
maybe the royals wouldn't be a small market team if their fans would actually pay for whatever channel is required to watch them, good gracious. now more than ever they need you to stop being Midwest Cheap

I pay for it out of convenience only. Its nice to just have the app on my Apple Tvs and not deal with finding a stream and then shooting it to the TV and having it fail over and over. With this in mind, I totally get it and am glad no one pays for this crap app from this crap company. I wish no one but me paid for it so their demise comes sooner.  Its been said over and over again, but MLB is the only sport that actively makes it difficult for their fans to watch. Its beyond weird at this point and its no wonder kids and lots of adults don't watch baseball anymore.

I hear that. IDK about other platforms, but the MLB.tv or at bat or w/e for the fire stick might be the most user-hostile viewing experience out there. And every year they seem to innovate new ways to make it even worse
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]