Author Topic: Good burger discussion (non-lamb burger related but also tasty and delicious)  (Read 61019 times)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I just finished a stuffed jalepeno burger.  Stuffed jap right in the middle of that sob.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
welcome to the good burger
home of the good burger
can i take your order

(Garth.  That was a haiku.)
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
salt and pepper the burger(heavy on the pepper)
Bleu/gorgonzola
breaded & fried Onions
some Bleu cheese dressing
bacon

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline weird roberts foam finger

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Most amazing burger I've ever had that I had my doubts about prior to purchasing ... easily the jerk burger at Vortex in Atlanta.  I have dreams about that burger.

Other favorite combos include bacon+cheddar or avocado+monterey, though I will say anything that includes mushrooms works too.

Anyone have a juicy lucy?  Guessing it resembles the "inside out" burgers some of you are speaking of.  Would like to try.
"It could be best for his family for Cole to come back." -- Bill Self, NBA career killer

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
took a break from burger week today, bu will resume tomorrow.   :drool:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
not me, i'm still burgering this crap up.  on burger 5 on day 2. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
sys i want to refer you to the "inside out" burger found here-

http://www.blancburgers.com/plazaburgers.html 

my favorite on that menu is the barnyard but substituting the au pouivre burger and adding a peice of aged white cheddar.

Had their 'Kobe' burger over the weekend with some sweet potato fries.  Very tasty but too $$.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
imagine that, a hamburger made of kobe beef at a plaza restaurant being expensive.  what are the odds  :dunno:

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
imagine that, a hamburger made of kobe beef at a plaza restaurant being expensive.  what are the odds  :dunno:

I don't care if it was kobe beef that had been chewed up and shat by God Almighty.  $12 for that burger wasn't worth it for me.  It was at the Leawood spot anyway. I'd never go north get shanked by all the thugs and gang bangers down at the plaza.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
going shopping for burger rounds 3 & 4 in a few.  going to be mushroom pate burger and salad burger.

obvious questions:

bacon yes/no (for both), in the pate or entire (for burger 3)?
cheeses?
raw onion & parsley paste for burger 4, or just minced or sliced onions?
tomato on burger 3, prob only if w. entire bacon amirite?
cheese for burger 4 in a sauce or out of a sauce?  not going to do a yogurt sauce, so don't even suggest.

think that's it for now.  need to get these issues hammered out.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I don't care if it was kobe beef that had been chewed up and shat by God Almighty.  $12 for that burger wasn't worth it for me.  It was at the Leawood spot anyway. I'd never go north get shanked by all the thugs and gang bangers down at the plaza.
do they not have the prices on the menus at that location?  just wondering why you ordered a $12 hamburger if you didn't want to pay $12 for a hamburger? 

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

do they not have the prices on the menus at that location?  just wondering why you ordered a $12 hamburger if you didn't want to pay $12 for a hamburger? 

I just wanted to give it a shot. I really loved the burger but I couldn't justify doing it again is all I'm sayin'.  LOVED the burger.  Cool place too. 

I want to try 5 guys but haven't made it in there yet. 

Offline wELLsculptedbrows

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
imagine that, a hamburger made of kobe beef at a plaza restaurant being expensive.  what are the odds  :dunno:

I don't care if it was kobe beef that had been chewed up and shat by God Almighty.  $12 for that burger wasn't worth it for me.  It was at the Leawood spot anyway. I'd never go north get shanked by all the thugs and gang bangers down at the plaza.
do they not have the prices on the menus at that location?  just wondering why you ordered a $12 hamburger if you didn't want to pay $12 for a hamburger?  

Anyone tried the $100 Burger yet? Pretty sure it's a rip off of this restaurant http://nymag.com/listings/restaurant/db-bistro-moderne/ attached to the hotel I stayed at in New York a while back.

It seems like "foie gras butter" might be slightly less ethically challenging to me than straight foie gras, but not by much. Still think I would like to try it once.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 10:04:33 AM by wELLsculptedbrows »

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Anyone tried the $100 Burger yet? Pretty sure it's a rip off of this restaurant http://nymag.com/listings/restaurant/db-bistro-moderne/ attached to the hotel I stayed at in New York a while back.

It seems like "foie gras butter" might be slightly more ethical to me than straight foie gras, but not by much. Still think I would like to try it once.

clams had it iirc

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Very upset no one has laughed at my 2 Good Burger jokes. 
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
ya, the $100 burger is pretty good but really rich.  currently finishing a contest with 2 friends to see who can complete the blanc menu first, have to get everything on the menu.  meh.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
If you find yourself in Lawrence and need to escape all the hayseeds on Mass Street for a while, walk a block over to Vermont and try the Burger Stand in Dempsey's.  Better than Blanc, IMHO.  Truffle fries def. better than Blanc. 

Also, used to get a burger at Henry T's that was called the Fat Tuesday Burger.  Had cajun seasoning and was served with a side of orange marmalade.  It was fantastic.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
was served with a side of orange marmalade.

seriously?  i can't imagine that.  what else did it have?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
If you find yourself in Lawrence and need to escape all the hayseeds on Mass Street for a while, walk a block over to Vermont and try the Burger Stand in Dempsey's.  Better than Blanc, IMHO.  Truffle fries def. better than Blanc. 

Also, used to get a burger at Henry T's that was called the Fat Tuesday Burger.  Had cajun seasoning and was served with a side of orange marmalade.  It was fantastic.

I used to get the Fat Tuesday burger.  It's goEMAW Dooley's favorite as well.

Henry T's is amazing.  Best wings I have ever had.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
was served with a side of orange marmalade.

seriously?  i can't imagine that.  what else did it have?

The burger is pretty spicy with the cajun seasoning....the marmalade cuts it nicely.  Just standard side garnishment in addition to that.  I was skeptical at first, but it really is very good.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i'm spinning.  continue with existing burger plans or go with an emergency marmalade burger?  this is going to go down to the wire.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i'm spinning.  continue with existing burger plans or go with an emergency marmalade burger?  this is going to go down to the wire.

The other part of the marmalade burger experience that is great is having a really juicy burger that is also charred a bit....those flavors, along with the spice, mix really well with the orange marmalade.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
ya wuld def need to carmalize the burger meat to mix with sweetness of orange marm.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
Agree on this. I've had the Kobe Burger and the Smokehouse Burger. Both were great. I've also had a lamb burger that they had on special

What's the opinion on Chef Burger? I've never had it but always walk by it and am intrigued when I'm on my way to the Sprint Center.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
What's the opinion on Chef Burger? I've never had it but always walk by it and am intrigued when I'm on my way to the Sprint Center.

You should drive down there right now to get some