Author Topic: USWNT (Quest for Rio)  (Read 41216 times)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: USWNT (Quest for Canada)
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2015, 07:49:31 PM »
:emawkid:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2015, 08:05:33 PM »
My girl continues to bail out this garbage team

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2015, 08:06:06 PM »
pinoe is just wrecking people

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2015, 08:20:43 PM »
3 points for the Eags :cool:

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2015, 08:39:47 PM »
Probably need better play against Sweden, but Australia is a pretty decent team and Sweden drew with Nigeria so USA is in the driver seat right now.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2015, 10:04:59 PM »
Win the group and then hope for the best, but this team would not beat any of the previous WWC teams imho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2015, 12:31:48 AM »
Looks like lots of soccer being played on artificial grass and apparently no one has died.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2015, 05:39:18 AM »
Looks like lots of soccer being played on artificial grass and apparently no one has died.
why do you insist on making these kinds of bullshit statements?

Also their fields look like crap.   Winnipeg's field looks horribly worn with the large black discolorations. And Vancouver has horrid light colored spots.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2015, 05:40:24 AM »
Rapinoe abused that goalie, especially that second goal.

Germany, JFC call off the dogs. 

Japan got lucky with their PK call.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2015, 06:14:24 AM »

Also their fields look like crap.   Winnipeg's field looks horribly worn with the large black discolorations. And Vancouver has horrid light colored spots.

The black discolorations are rubber infill coming to the surface.   The spots are because all the (American/Canadian) football markings are coming up.   There would be similar things on any natural grass field that had been all painted up with football lines and various logos.   The only way to completely get rid of those is to completely resurface both grass and artificial grass fields. 

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2015, 07:09:16 AM »
omg :love:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 09, 2015, 07:10:57 AM »

The black discolorations are rubber infill coming to the surface.   The spots are because all the (American/Canadian) football markings are coming up.   There would be similar things on any natural grass field that had been all painted up with football lines and various logos.   The only way to completely get rid of those is to completely resurface both grass and artificial grass fields.
The black isn't just the fill coming up.  Its bad color.  The issues in Vancouver are not related to prior markings at all.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2015, 07:25:04 AM »
I didn't watch much of the Vanc game.

Tobias . . .  :thumbsup: and yeah, it was going to happen as soon as I noticed the artificial grass.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2015, 12:15:26 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 09, 2015, 04:46:52 PM »
We still suck guys.

Yeah, that was awful soccer. What if Pia beats us? :cry:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2015, 04:48:30 PM »
My girl continues to bail out this garbage team

I don't recall you making a specific claim, I may fight both you and Dom

pinoe is just wrecking people

I thought between goals she was absolute crap

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 09, 2015, 04:56:07 PM »
I never made a claim for her on here. But..

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 09, 2015, 05:07:05 PM »

this might be trying too hard.  then again, there was a lot of worse crap out there so pretty easy to stand out.  obviously solo was the best person out there, but back four = absolute crap, forwards = mostly uninvolved, poor finishing.  holiday and lloyd were disappointing in the middle.  our wings definitely weren't the problem last night

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2015, 05:09:13 PM »

Yes, thank god the temperatures in Canada have only been in the mid 70's so that amazing FIFA certified turf, that I've been told only elevates a few degrees above air temperature, has only been as hot as 130 degrees. If Canada gets into the 80s or 90s players may actually combust. Some of the players have said the turf makes their shoes feel like they are on fire. A few more degrees and they may actually know what that's like.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2015, 05:14:44 PM »

this might be trying too hard.  then again, there was a lot of worse crap out there so pretty easy to stand out.  obviously solo was the best person out there, but back four = absolute crap, forwards = mostly uninvolved, poor finishing.  holiday and lloyd were disappointing in the middle.  our wings definitely weren't the problem last night

In my head I was going ape crap every time she got the ball on her foot outside of the box. I thought she and everyone else were trying way too hard and were super impatient, forcing the ball into places where they shouldn't have been in, way too often. They played like a team that's inferior and knows they are inferior so instead of holding the ball and waiting for seams we just kept bombing the ball down the field, trying to force the ball to two forwards who were never in position. They played like our men used to play. The match was so unwatchable because Australia played the exact same way. When we got the 3-1 lead we actually started to play the way we should have.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2015, 06:04:57 PM »
oh yeah, no debate here that it was anything but hot garbage pretty much across the board last night for the vast majority of the game.  my main argument is just that the build-up play from the back four and center mids was just awful and non-existent.  i'm going to give a little more leeway to wing players trying to push too much individually in those situations.  even early on when crap was *really* bad pinoe was pretty effective cutting in, just wasn't always finding the right ball.  i can live with that if we're not getting crap-else from anyone

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 09, 2015, 06:31:07 PM »
The entire game was frustrating, and Pia will beat us. I think this current team just looks like people playing a pick up game and not an assembly of players who are playing positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2015, 11:53:36 AM »

Yes, thank god the temperatures in Canada have only been in the mid 70's so that amazing FIFA certified turf, that I've been told only elevates a few degrees above air temperature, has only been as hot as 130 degrees. If Canada gets into the 80s or 90s players may actually combust. Some of the players have said the turf makes their shoes feel like they are on fire. A few more degrees and they may actually know what that's like.

I don't think Dax realizes that, sure, you might be able to play one game or two, and only get 1st degree burns.  Its the ensuing 3, 4, 5 games that cause the 2nd and in some rare cases 3rd degree burns.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 10, 2015, 05:02:53 PM »
Literally 1000's of games of all kinds of sports are played on artificial grass every single day, if it was really doing those kinds of things than it would be outlawed.

Also, if you're sliding on any surface with enough energy and momentum with bare skin you're going to get burns, scratches etc. etc. 

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 10, 2015, 06:41:01 PM »
Why can't the players determine the surface the WC is played on? If they want grass, get them grass. :dunno: