Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 631039 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
it is too hot to play soccer in austin in the summer

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile

Didn't stop Houston, Dallas, Orlando, Atlanta, literally all of Liga MX, etc

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Didn't stop Houston, Dallas, Orlando, Atlanta, etc

it's too hot in those places as well. once the new car smell wears off in orlando and atl, they'll have empty stadiums just like houston and fcd

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
don't ever even try to think about ever making the jump 42. Austin will never be in MLS in it's current form. Just try to be the best USL club in the world.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i will slightly revise my statement by saying the orlando people are nuts and will probably always show up, and also orlando is probably the least hot of that group

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile

it's too hot in those places as well. once the new car smell wears off in orlando and atl, they'll have empty stadiums just like houston and fcd

Houston wouldn't be empty if they hadn't been shitty the last few years. If they start winning consistently attendance will likely go up. Their stadium's in a great location.

FCD's kinda mumped because nobody's gonna go to Frisco to watch soccer.

Also the MLS schedule is complete dumbassery anyway.

don't ever even try to think about ever making the jump 42. Austin will never be in MLS in it's current form. Just try to be the best USL club in the world.

:shakesfist:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Houston, while being absolute shite, and easily a bottom 5 club all things considered, have a top 5 stadium location in MLS, and honestly probably a top 10 stadium too.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Dallas' stadium location is probably only second from the bottom. NE Revs stadium is the worst, but FC Dallas is real bad.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i can NOT wait for all the ticket drama that is about to go down today. the Cauldron facebook page is going to be LIT.

After service fees, the cheapest tickets are $41 per!!!!!!  :sdeek:

meh. its a Cup Final. What do you expect?

Member Stand sold out on the Cauldron website in 2 minutes, Member Stand is sold out through USSF/SKC/seatgeek. East and West corners still have tickets, East and West sidelines still have a few singles, South Stand still has some tickets, and the Bud Corner still has some tickets. Outside of all of that, tickets are gone until season ticket holders choose not to buy their seat for the game.

:surprised:

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
Houston, while being absolute shite, and easily a bottom 5 club all things considered, have a top 5 stadium location in MLS, and honestly probably a top 10 stadium too.

Dallas' stadium location is probably only second from the bottom. NE Revs stadium is the worst, but FC Dallas is real bad.

These are good takes. I hope FCD one day gets a stadium with an indoor roof downtown. That'll probably help attendance quite a bit.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
it'd make the trips i've made for SKC @ FCD more fun not having to drive all over the metro for one away day weekend.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I went to the SKC @ FCD game right after I moved down here. I didn't realize until then just how long it takes to get to Frisco from literally anywhere but N Dallas. I would absolutely go to rando games but it takes up most of the day just getting there and back, and heaven help you if you decide you don't want to pay tolls :blindfold:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Dallas:
Person 1: hey come over to X address
Person 2: ok leaving now see you in 90

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
^ Regardless of where either person lives

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
the 405 is no joke

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
you guys told me Nemeth was coming home  :frown:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
you guys told me Nemeth was coming home  :frown:

i thought he was going to. but if New England had to drop as much TAM/GAM to move up one spot in the allocation order, i can only imagine how much they were wanting us to drop.  :frown:

we'll be okay tho.

We got Rubio :love:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
FCC got up 2-nil on RBNY, but then Red Bull scored 2 to force ET, and then scored to win 2-3.

September 20 will be a match up between our Sporting Heroes and the Red Bull's of New York(New Jersey)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
the dream is ended  :frown:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
it'll be alright. still going to be an amazing electric night

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
My God what a great interview, Ilie is the best, I've fallen in love.

August 18th, 2017 Sporting KC midfielder Ilie Sanchez joined the Program to discuss the terror attacks in his hometown of Barcelona plus preview the Sporting upcoming match vs FC Dallas. 

* Show * Episode Feed: The Program - http://www.omnycontent.com/d/playlist/eea6f6e8-242e-442d-826d-a59b004c5ec9/facea92d-da32-4a67-be02-a59b004f7a4c/024e8d7b-8c4f-4e65-ae81-a59b00511905/podcast.rss

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
He's a super stud. I hope we have him one more year but he'll get his shot back in Europe soon.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

it's too hot in those places as well.

also there's rough ridin' hurricanes in houston. what an absolutely disgusting fat jabba the hut sprawl of a death trap oil city

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
yup, game rescheduled for some time in October.

Also Sporting signed a 15 year old to a homegrown professional contract. 3 year deal, and a 2 club options until 2022.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i'm glad our sportingcats will not have to even make the trip.