Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 631118 times)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
USOC Semi-Final day, and the close of MLS's summer transfer window. SO much would have to get done to get KN9 in, I don't think it'll happen. Maybe in the winter window.  :blindfold:

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I knew nothing about them and was surprised to see their stadium holds almost 40,000!  Hope they can pull it off.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I knew nothing about them and was surprised to see their stadium holds almost 40,000!  Hope they can pull it off.

they use the on campus U of C football stadium.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

they use the on campus U of C football stadium.
ah okay, makes more sense. Have fun at CMP tonight btw  :cheers:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Some random dude said he saw KN9 at MCI

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This last game Sunday night - game Wednesday - first game Saturday BS is quite the gauntlet

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Fake news by the Scottish wanker who claimed he saw Kris

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
We want Cincy!  I'm excited to be going tonight and am hoping they do something cool for the 100th straight sell out.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
wondo time, can't wait

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
i swear to god if this rough rider infomercial-style trips while opening a jar and knocks the ball in...

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #9888 on: August 09, 2017, 10:23:45 PM »
amaze pk finish featuring stud melia, on to the final

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Amazing finish. Great 1st half from our guys, poop 2nd half. At halftime I was pretty sure we were going to boat race these fools

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Is Melia looking at one of the most dominant seasons in MLS history?

SKC desperately needs someone who can finish.  Diego extra touch isn't going to do it.

Also KN9 to New England for $350k.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 10:59:27 PM by ednksu »
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Latif has made huge strides this year and will be skc's best player at this time next year

Offline KSUfan8

• Fan
    • View Profile
Tickets on sale today (August 10th) at 10am

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i can NOT wait for all the ticket drama that is about to go down today. the Cauldron facebook page is going to be LIT.

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
i can NOT wait for all the ticket drama that is about to go down today. the Cauldron facebook page is going to be LIT.

After service fees, the cheapest tickets are $41 per!!!!!!  :sdeek:
[

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
 :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

http://www.statesman.com/sports/austin-soccer-franchise-will-roll-2019-000-seat-venue/6sBCjNXuGInuLgesJzpeTJ/

COTA is probably the worst place they could put a stadium and this is by far the path of least resistance but still, will take

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Austin needs to be a shining star in the USL. Fill that 5k stadium up every week etc, eventually build the club and stadium up. Austin could be perfect for USL.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

After service fees, the cheapest tickets are $41 per!!!!!!  :sdeek:

meh. its a Cup Final. What do you expect?

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
Austin needs to be a shining star in the USL. Fill that 5k stadium up every week etc, eventually build the club and stadium up. Austin could be perfect for USL.

Agreed, but there are gonna be some hurdles to get over. The stadium's gonna be out in bumblefuck by the airport away from everyone and anything, there's no transit nearby and traffic's gonna be nuts, the fans are wary after getting crap on twice by ownership, etc. But the fact that we'll have a permanent stadium with an option to sell beer (which wasn't there when the Aztex were playing in HS stadiums) is a really nice start.

Also there's supposedly a different group separate from Aztex ownership that are trying to bring profesh soccer here so maybe that's a separate MLS effort, who knows. They'll need to get a bigger stadium closer to downtown confirmed before we have a shot at making the jump though. Downtown real estate is probably too expensive right now to fund a stadium with private money and voters aren't gonna go for public funding so I don't think we can replicate Houston's setup. So they'll probably need to put a stadium up by the Domain (northwest but inside the 183/290 loop) or Mueller (northeast but also inside the loop). Our biggest suburbs Round Rock and Cedar Park, where our baseball, basketball, and hockey minor league teams are, aren't gonna be an option because MLS will just see another FC Dallas/Frisco situation there.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 09:41:43 AM by 0.42 »