Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 653078 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #9950 on: September 10, 2017, 02:04:46 PM »
What the eff is Peter doing with Gerso and giving all of his rough ridin' minutes to Lobato? We can't score goals and this dude who seems to disappear for entire matches keeps getting all of the playing time. Am I rough ridin' missing something obvious here?

If someone mentions that goal he scored today I'll find you and spoon your eyeballs out. I could have scored that, Mensah was a giant dumb eff.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #9951 on: September 10, 2017, 04:02:08 PM »
Dallas is complete trash, I don't know how they are going to stay above the red line.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9952 on: September 10, 2017, 07:37:04 PM »
What the eff is Peter doing with Gerso and giving all of his rough ridin' minutes to Lobato? We can't score goals and this dude who seems to disappear for entire matches keeps getting all of the playing time. Am I rough ridin' missing something obvious here?

If someone mentions that goal he scored today I'll find you and spoon your eyeballs out. I could have scored that, Mensah was a giant dumb eff.
I think Peter always wanted to use Gerso as a sub to punish tired legs in the second half and he saw Lobato as a way to implement that. It's frustrating. We will probably see that again on Saturday, but I believe that Gerso will be starting the cup final

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9953 on: September 10, 2017, 08:58:45 PM »

I think Peter always wanted to use Gerso as a sub to punish tired legs in the second half and he saw Lobato as a way to implement that. It's frustrating. We will probably see that again on Saturday, but I believe that Gerso will be starting the cup final

It wouldn't be as frustrating if he brought him in the 70th minute but the last two matches it's only been stoppage time :curse:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9954 on: September 11, 2017, 08:48:28 AM »
yeah, i agree. I'm trying to not meltdown over any Peter decisions. keeping those meltdown moments reserved for the USMNT and when Bill/Dana/Sean lose a game because of horrid play calling at some point this season.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9955 on: September 11, 2017, 08:52:47 AM »
also it's from 9/7 but if you want to hear an amazing interview with Peter: Extra Time Radio had a great long interview with Peter, and he does state his interest in maybe one day managing the national team, but talks up the Sporting Organization a ton. and a pretty good talk with Ike and Tim after that too.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 08:57:02 AM by scottwildcat »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9956 on: September 11, 2017, 12:40:47 PM »
EPB is signing a 4.5 year deal with Man City :surprised:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9957 on: September 11, 2017, 12:57:18 PM »

will he ever be in the 18 for an EPL game for them? i say no.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9958 on: September 11, 2017, 12:59:41 PM »

will he ever be in the 18 for an EPL game for them? i say no.

Are you ever not a salty ass hater, my goodness?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9959 on: September 11, 2017, 01:08:39 PM »
that was a 100% valid question that i posed.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9960 on: September 11, 2017, 01:09:50 PM »
and i'm not a hater, when it is all said and done, EPB may go down as one of if not the best player to every pass through the franchise.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9961 on: September 11, 2017, 01:38:35 PM »
Odd but not surprising that was your first posted thought on that.

"Local kid comes through MLS system to sign long-term contract with world football power Manchester City."

-"Yeah, but he'll never play"

This is good news for him, Kansas City, Sporting, MLS, and US Soccer and all you gave is he'll never play. SMDH.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9962 on: September 11, 2017, 01:42:03 PM »
why would they sign him to a long term deal if they didn't think he could play

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9963 on: September 12, 2017, 07:33:57 AM »
why would they sign him to a long term deal if they didn't think he could play

because Manchester City, just like Chelsea acquire young talent and use them like commodities. Chelsea bought Matt Miazga a couple windows ago and have no intentions of him every featuring as a real piece of the team (although he did play a few games before loaning him out the last two seasons). City will loan him around for the 2018-19 season, probably the 2019-20 season, and then sell him on for a profit. I think EPB will command a big price after a few years in the European Loan circuit and end up at a middle tier European club and go on to have an amazing career.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9964 on: September 17, 2017, 11:22:16 AM »
GERSO!!!

wtf was Nemeth thinking?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9965 on: September 18, 2017, 06:45:14 AM »
Cup final week lfg

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9966 on: September 18, 2017, 10:09:17 AM »
i keep hearing that diego rubio is a poacher, but imo he totally pales in comparison to wondo

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9967 on: September 18, 2017, 10:09:32 AM »
 :lol:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9969 on: September 19, 2017, 07:13:38 AM »
Let's do this for the bearcatcats

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9970 on: September 19, 2017, 09:06:28 AM »
no, we are doing it for ourselves. Those USL fucks wasted away their shot. We are a big time MLS club and we play for god damn trophies unlike those minnows in Ohio/Kentucky, and we are going to beat the hell out of those Jersey Boy energy drink losers.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9971 on: September 20, 2017, 12:52:04 PM »
7 hours 10 minutes.

let's
rough ridin'
go

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9972 on: September 20, 2017, 04:20:31 PM »
lfg, scott

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9973 on: September 20, 2017, 08:43:59 PM »
we've FG'd!

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9974 on: September 20, 2017, 08:47:21 PM »
Hydration break! :woot: