Author Topic: "Olympic Sports" at K-State, they've never had it so good . . .  (Read 1951 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
https://eforms.ksu.edu/rfq/download.aspx?i_RFQID=2973

Fantastic for the Women's Crew, a $1.3 million dollar facility at Tuttle, now a $5 million dollar facility on campus (the $2 million on the bid is just for building construction, it doesn't cover the training tank and other furnishings in the facility).

$6.3 million dollars in new buildings, just for Crew.

Let's review shall we:

-A laundry list of improvements for Volleyball over the last 5 to 7 years.

-New Outdoor Track.  Resurfaced Indoor Track.   New Track offices and dressing rooms. 

-All Weather Hitting Building For Golf, new $5 million dollar Club House for Golf, a $8-$9 million dollar golf course for Golf. 

-New outdoor tennis courts under construction.   Yes, it's at the REC but per the plans there's a dedicated set of courts being built for the tennis program and hosting matches.   Total price tag $3 million. 

-Women's basketball, a huge money loser gets the exact same amenities in the Basketball Training Facility as the med do.  (I've got no problem with that). 

-Baseball . . . in the grand scheme, they probably need another round of significant improvements, but in the last 6 or 7 years they've gotten a lot.   They probably need to have more seating (you know, for getting the elusive regional), they really should have a better indoor facility, and they need a video board. 

So K-State minor/Olympic Sports . . . feel free to step up and actually do something for a change.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: "Olympic Sports" at K-State, they've never had it so good . . .
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 10:44:13 AM »
I think we should throw more money at volleyball and wish we would begin a women's soccer program.  We would probably just be average at soccer too though, so why even bother.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 10:47:57 AM »
I wish we could be really good at golf.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 06:07:49 PM »
sonofpressreleasereader

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 06:20:38 AM »
Oh, and it's not a press release.   :lol:

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 08:25:46 AM »
Where is the new rowing training facility going to be located?

Also, whatever happened to that multi-million dollar equestrian facility we had plans for? Is that what the Timbercreek Stables are?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 08:27:45 AM »
Where is the new rowing training facility going to be located?

Also, whatever happened to that multi-million dollar equestrian facility we had plans for? Is that what the Timbercreek Stables are?

That Equine Education Center falls under the Dept. of Animal Science, athletics was just going to help raise some money to build it.   I think it's been shoved back on the priority list. 

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 10:48:41 PM »
Golf is horrible...its a shame with Colbert Hills and all

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 09:49:58 PM »
I don't understand why we don't have softball and men's & women's soccer.  If we want to help ourselves in conference realignment long-term (like 20-30 years) we need to get these established and a little bit of history with them now. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
"Olympic Sports" at K-State, they've never had it so good . . .
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 09:58:49 PM »
Softball and Wrestling imo

Both programs could be competitive quickly.

Offline mancattanite

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2012, 10:57:51 PM »
https://eforms.ksu.edu/rfq/download.aspx?i_RFQID=2973

Fantastic for the Women's Crew, a $1.3 million dollar facility at Tuttle, now a $5 million dollar facility on campus (the $2 million on the bid is just for building construction, it doesn't cover the training tank and other furnishings in the facility).

$6.3 million dollars in new buildings, just for Crew.

Let's review shall we:

-A laundry list of improvements for Volleyball over the last 5 to 7 years.

-New Outdoor Track.  Resurfaced Indoor Track.   New Track offices and dressing rooms. 

-All Weather Hitting Building For Golf, new $5 million dollar Club House for Golf, a $8-$9 million dollar golf course for Golf. 

-New outdoor tennis courts under construction.   Yes, it's at the REC but per the plans there's a dedicated set of courts being built for the tennis program and hosting matches.   Total price tag $3 million. 

-Women's basketball, a huge money loser gets the exact same amenities in the Basketball Training Facility as the med do.  (I've got no problem with that). 

-Baseball . . . in the grand scheme, they probably need another round of significant improvements, but in the last 6 or 7 years they've gotten a lot.   They probably need to have more seating (you know, for getting the elusive regional), they really should have a better indoor facility, and they need a video board. 

So K-State minor/Olympic Sports . . . feel free to step up and actually do something for a change.

When did the track team get a new track? They got a new building in 2005 and another storage building and some more upgrades last year. Overall nice facility but I didn't think the track was new. And new offices?

But getting a silver medal at the Olympics and having 7 athletes (current/former) participating sounds pretty dang good to me.
Never misunderestimate a Wildcat.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2012, 08:40:12 AM »
There are offices in track building they build in 2005, and the track was completely reconfigured in 2005 and an entirely new surface was put down.   They tore out the entirety of the old track and started from scratch.