Author Topic: General NFL thread: 2019 Tom Brady's Legacy  (Read 114816 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
the weight of America's team

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
I understand that this is a board full of Chiefs fans, so it's not a surprise that few of you have an appreciation for what he accomplished since 2006. Although a few of you are clowning yourselves by mentioning guys like Green, Flacco, and Palmer.

Romo only played with the support of a top 10 scoring defense once (2009) and a top 10 rushing offense twice (2009 & 2014). It's no coincidence that those were also seasons the Cowboys went a combined 25-9 and won playoff games.

No other QB in the past 10 years did more with less than he did. The fact that he was able to go 78-49 as a starter despite the ineptitude of Jerry Jones as an owner/GM is damn near miraculous.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
the weight of America's team

Because the media covers the Cowboys the same way as the other 31 teams  :thumbs:

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
CF3, I promise to not muck up your Royals thread this year if you stop making a fool of yourself in here.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
bro compare Palmer's and Romo's stats. They came in the league at the same time.

Romo has been a great QB, wish the Chiefs had him the past decade, but my point is he will be remembered as about the 8th, 9th, or 10th best QB of his era. I'm no NFL HOF expert but I don't think 1/3rd of QBs from an era should be in the HOF. JMHO Townie.

But the idea that Romo had extra pressure by playing for the Cowboys is really stupid. Its the NFL.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
bro compare Palmer's and Romo's stats. They came in the league at the same time.

Romo has been a great QB, wish the Chiefs had him the past decade, but my point is he will be remembered as about the 8th, 9th, or 10th best QB of his era. I'm no NFL HOF expert but I don't think 1/3rd of QBs from an era should be in the HOF. JMHO Townie.

But the idea that Romo had extra pressure by playing for the Cowboys is really stupid. Its the NFL.

Do you think there is equal pressure on Royals and Yankees players?

Also your math is a little funny. For arguments sake let's say he is the 7th best QB of the past 10 years. That probably puts him in the top 3-5% of players at the most valuable position in the NFL. The Chiefs have started 11 QB since 2006.

Also, any given year there are an average of 45-50 HOF players on NFL rosters. How many times since 2006 has Romo been one of the 50 best players in the league? Probably at least 5 or 6.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Also your math is a little funny. For arguments sake let's say he is the 7th best QB of the past 10 years. That probably puts him in the top 3-5% of players at the most valuable position in the NFL. The Chiefs have started 11 QB since 2006.

Also, any given year there are an average of 45-50 HOF players on NFL rosters. How many times since 2006 has Romo been one of the 50 best players in the league? Probably at least 5 or 6.

I do think there is equal pressure on the Yankees and the Royals, if anything in 2016 there was more pressure felt from fans by the Royals.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile

I do think there is equal pressure on the Yankees and the Royals, if anything in 2016 there was more pressure felt from fans by the Royals.

That is adorable. Never change, CF3.  :)

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Dallas hasn't been 'Americas Team' in 20 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

this is true. also the idea that there is no pressure playing for the chargers is laughable

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
tony romo is a poor man's dave krieg

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
If you put Romo on the Jaguars instead of the Cowboys is there even a discussion about him getting into the HOF or is the discussion just because he was on a high profile team like the Cowboys?  :users:

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If you put Romo on the Jaguars instead of the Cowboys is there even a discussion about him getting into the HOF or is the discussion just because he was on a high profile team like the Cowboys?  :users:

Only Cowboy tucks like Townie think it's a possibility.  Nobody else is talking about it.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile

TV ratings and merchandise sales say otherwise.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
new falcons stadium has a chick-fil-a

:lol:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Meh. They'll still bank. They have other events at that stadium minus the falcons. And when they are open for concerts, college football, non-Sunday falcons games (1), etc. They'll still crush it. It will be the holy mecca of all food chains in that place.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
If anyone is interested I started up a NFL Survivor group on Yahoo. If you don't know what that is you pick one team each week to win.  If that team wins you move on.  The key is you can only pick a specific team once during the whole season.  It's actually a lot of fun.

If you want to join just sign up here:

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/register/joinprivategroup?gid=37880&password=WeDz

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This MNF crew sounds like they normally work the 11 am Iowa vs Rutgers type games

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That's a very generous comparison at best and an insult to the fine folks at ESPN2/FS1.

Sergio Dipp, my goodness. When he first started talking I thought they had some sort of deal with the adult version of the Make A Wish Foundation.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That's a very generous comparison at best and an insult to the fine folks at ESPN2/FS1.

Sergio Dipp, my goodness. When he first started talking I thought they had some sort of deal with the adult version of the Make A Wish Foundation.

So did I. I had to research to find out that wasn't the case. Some think that he was brought in to deflect criticism away from Mowins.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Who's number one in the AFC  west?  :Woohoo:

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

So did I. I had to research to find out that wasn't the case. Some think that he was brought in to deflect criticism away from Mowins.

what criticism did Mowins get? maybe you meant Rex?