Author Topic: Who would of thought...  (Read 1644 times)

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Who would of thought...
« on: January 09, 2012, 12:38:56 PM »
http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/Wayne-Simmonds-Philadelphia-Flyers-fan-fined-for-banana-toss-010912

Moorhouse's lawyer, Faisal Joseph, has said his client didn't know hurling bananas at black athletes could be seen as hateful.

pffffttt....  :lol: what a dumbass...

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Who would of thought...
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 09:29:32 PM »
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 10:49:03 PM »
Would HAVE *

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 11:08:40 PM »
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=173&f=2671&t=8504447

:facepalm:

Von Moore was nicknamed "The Missing Link" because he made Neanderthals look good.  Had a crease in his face and I'm almost positive his eyes couldn't focus on the same point - instead were like a horses and left a blind spot dead ahead.

That is why he got the bananas.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 10:42:02 PM »
good grief, the people over there are incredible

It was not about race but about his looks. Von Moore literally DID look like a gorilla! I swear he was the missing link!

There was NOTHING racist about it.  Von Moore had arms like an ape.

I remember that one well. There was no racial overtone: A Collegian sports columnist made that suggestion in jest, playing off the sports media's widespread recognition of Von Moore as one of the least attractive humans on the planet.

I was at this game and have posted about it before.
Before there was much showboating in college basketball, you were called a hot dog if your style of play drew attention to yourself.  KU fans thought Redding was a "hot dog".  That's my recollection.
K-State fans thought VonMoore resembled a gorilla but I don't recall that being racial.  It was really about his looks.

Some actions may be in poor taste, they may be cruel but to make a leap to racism is wrong and may even reveal your own racist tendencies. 

WRONG, if the act was "Racist" the bananas would have been thrown at every African-American or dark skinned player.  They were thrown only at a kid that through no fault of his looked like a monkey.

Flahaw Sir, that post makes you a RACIST for connecting African Americans to monkeys.  You are the worst type of closet RACIST that holds all the stereotypes at the surface of your personality.

There was NEVER any connection between African Americans and apes.  There was a connection between Donnie Von Moore and an Ape.

it's literally unbelievable. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 09:25:30 AM »
jfc...