Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Essentially Flyertalk / Re: Kc restaurant suggestions
« Last post by waks on April 15, 2024, 11:53:12 PM »
Being anti-breakfast 'reet is one of the worst takes I've ever seen on this board.

Have you met Kat Kid? He only enjoys McDonald's breakfast 'reets.
Dude is a known food n00b. I heard he only eats the tripleta from Subway when he visits PR.
wtf? Unless things change (unlikely any time soon), you're going to be working until you die :(
And for a company large enough to absorb those kinds of insurance claims without causing premiums to shoot up. What a mumped up system we have.

Until you mentioned it, I hadn't considered how mumped up our system is for the leading global superpower western democracy. Hmmm
The company I work at is going through this right now. We had a few very large claims last year, but we only have ~100 employees. Our broker for BCBS of TX quoted us a premium increase of 35% in response. That’s on a $6K deductible PPO. WTaF!?!  It is forcing our CEO/CFO/HR to consider the age of who they hire next, and the health history of who they keep. We are strongly in the black so I dont expect much to change. However, if we were struggling, or ran by a PE firm, I’m not sure I’d expect to see equitable treatment. Working in an “at will” state they can let you go for pretty much anything as long as they cover their butt and dont say/do anything stupid.

We need to nationalize this crap already. What good is "innovation" if normal people can't afford it? I agree with the gov't rewarding true breakthroughs, but in my experience it's like "4 percent less chance of relapse versus this other thing. Here it is for more than the average American salary."
Certainly the thing will go generic right?
After 20 years or whatever. But there are so many big problems with our medical system that can be fixed by legislation that seems like a pretty poor consolidation.
The drug was first approved in 1998(although it’s still not approved for my condition, only 2 medications are and the second was only approved this past Halloween) and I do get the generic version of it.
The New Joe Montgomery Birther Pit / Re: Pharmaceutical Companies being giant POS
« Last post by OB_Won on April 15, 2024, 11:10:18 PM »
wtf? Unless things change (unlikely any time soon), you're going to be working until you die :(
And for a company large enough to absorb those kinds of insurance claims without causing premiums to shoot up. What a mumped up system we have.

Until you mentioned it, I hadn't considered how mumped up our system is for the leading global superpower western democracy. Hmmm
The company I work at is going through this right now. We had a few very large claims last year, but we only have ~100 employees. Our broker for BCBS of TX quoted us a premium increase of 35% in response. That’s on a $6K deductible PPO. WTaF!?!  It is forcing our CEO/CFO/HR to consider the age of who they hire next, and the health history of who they keep. We are strongly in the black so I dont expect much to change. However, if we were struggling, or ran by a PE firm, I’m not sure I’d expect to see equitable treatment. Working in an “at will” state they can let you go for pretty much anything as long as they cover their butt and dont say/do anything stupid.
Kansas State Football / Re: Ireland Pak 2025
« Last post by Spracne on April 15, 2024, 09:59:17 PM »
How accurate is the depiction of an American restaurant in Arrested Development? Do they give out stacks of onion rings?

I'll try to post pics tomorrow, I swear.
Essentially Flyertalk / Re: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!
« Last post by Spracne on April 15, 2024, 09:55:19 PM »
Alright, so it's the Indian Django Unchained.

Edit: Also a bit like Sisu in terms of the fun violence against evil assholes thing.
It's crap like this that makes me a single issue voter for single payer and reigning in pharma like none other TBT. What insanity.
Other Sports (Tiger's Back) / Re: The Royals
« Last post by cfbandyman on April 15, 2024, 09:24:34 PM »
11-6 boys, still pretty good
Certainly the thing will go generic right?
Nah, they just get extensions on their patents.

Between my daughter’s medication and mine, we typically meet our $6000 deductible by mid-March.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10