Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1001144 times)

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #10100 on: September 21, 2017, 08:13:50 PM »
check your excel cc sheet.

This is the correct answer.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10101 on: September 28, 2017, 07:13:04 AM »
i received the delta amex 70k + 10k mqm offer again today.  also comes w/ a free companion cert (domestic) annually
$195/year cost tho  :cry:

the mqm's don't mean crap in october since i don't have silver status but overall it's a really good offer

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10102 on: September 28, 2017, 08:17:59 AM »
i received the delta amex 70k + 10k mqm offer again today.  also comes w/ a free companion cert (domestic) annually

the mqm's don't mean crap in october since i don't have silver status but overall it's a really good offer

what's the spend on this?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10103 on: September 28, 2017, 08:40:58 AM »
$3k/3 mo

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10104 on: September 28, 2017, 09:01:32 AM »
i think i want

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10105 on: September 28, 2017, 09:10:41 AM »
Possible dumb question, but am I correct in believing you can only receive each Chase bonus once 24 months?

If so, I think I could squeeze in a round of Citi Thankyou bonuses. They seem to be second best.

Any pros know of a better route. Don't want to screw up 5/24 for my next round of Chase bonus whoring (about a year and a half from now.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #10106 on: September 28, 2017, 07:06:43 PM »
trim did you get that bonie?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10107 on: September 28, 2017, 09:31:20 PM »

The gold delta Amex offers 60k and waives annual fee first year. Never had one of these cards, how much is 60k of these points equivalent to?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10108 on: September 28, 2017, 09:36:24 PM »
the 70k is worth $750
also the annual companion pass is dope too

dunno seems like a great deal even w the $195 fee

if i buy a first class fare does the companion get matched to my fare?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10109 on: September 28, 2017, 11:03:33 PM »

I don't see anything.  I don't think it ever works.  When did you get your card?  Maybe I'll message in and see what's up.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #10110 on: September 29, 2017, 12:39:45 AM »

I don't see anything.  I don't think it ever works.  When did you get your card?  Maybe I'll message in and see what's up.

I got my bonus last moon cycle

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #10111 on: September 29, 2017, 07:28:03 AM »
Gonna get the companion pass again. Getting a SW card and a SW Biz card next week. Then having the spend hit on the January statement so I have it two years. Cash money homies.

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10112 on: October 01, 2017, 08:57:12 PM »
Gonna get the companion pass again. Getting a SW card and a SW Biz card next week. Then having the spend hit on the January statement so I have it two years. Cash money homies.

This is my plan as well. Steve Dave--if we get the cards on 10/3, does that mean we have to meet the spend between 1/1/18 and 1/3/18 (which sounds annoying), or just any time after the second statement on 12/3? Please advise and go 'Cats.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10113 on: October 02, 2017, 07:07:02 AM »

This is my plan as well. Steve Dave--if we get the cards on 10/3, does that mean we have to meet the spend between 1/1/18 and 1/3/18 (which sounds annoying), or just any time after the second statement on 12/3? Please advise and go 'Cats.

anytime after your dec statement. your statement doesn't line up with the date you applied iirc. I think they have a standard statement date but you can ask them to move it. also I think Chase is pretty loosy goosy on the required date to make the spend and usually give you about an extra month to do it.

Online Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #10114 on: October 02, 2017, 02:14:03 PM »

I just did this as well for Mrs SF. I am still amazed that this is possible. They made it even easier this time with having the 60k promo the end of september. I had to at least work a bit 2 years ago when I did it for myself at 50k. I mean, 120k SW points plus companion for 2 years for $150 in fees? yes please.

Online Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #10115 on: October 02, 2017, 02:15:35 PM »

Send them a message and they will tell you the exact date. I got mine last week and they said I needed to hit the spends by 1/16.

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10116 on: October 02, 2017, 08:35:43 PM »
Applied for the SW Plus and Premier this afternoon. Was approved right away for the Plus (it's been a while since a Chase approval, so that felt good), but can't get the Premier or Biz because I had forgotten that I had earned those bonuses within the last 24 months. Same with Mrs. 'Meal. Will time our spend for the Plus to hit after 1/1 and then will get the Companion Pass in March when the 24 months expires.

On the bright side, the Chase rep definitely knew my small businesses were lies and that I was going for the Companion Pass, but she DNGAF. We had a pretty good chuckle.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10117 on: October 05, 2017, 02:37:05 AM »
Anyone who travels semi frequently to the northwest you may be interested in this Alaska Air Visa.

Bonus is 30k miles ($390 bucks) + companion pass after spending $1,000 within the first 90 days of opening the card.

There is a 75 buck annual fee that is not waived for the first year.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/credit-card/visa-signature?semid=7028b4fb-01f9-4afa-9a41-4182fbdb1b64::20380869::||BofA_CC_C_SL||&gclid=Cj0KCQjwsNfOBRCWARIsAGITapaTurzrIoUPpwrQZwVnFl7jr6cTf3aMCiOyAYuc_5k9bokZxyoSPHUaAiWcEALw_wcB
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10118 on: October 05, 2017, 10:06:39 AM »
Historically, if you apply from the link that pops up when pretending to buy a ticket, you've gotten a $100 statement credit too.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #10119 on: October 13, 2017, 09:34:08 AM »
Apparently I'm pre approved or something for one of those black metal credit card thingies. I threw it away, but does it actually do anything for you other than just being a status symbol? @stevedave

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10120 on: October 13, 2017, 09:41:42 AM »
I'm not credit card savvy at all, but those are generally a scam.  They basically make you pay $500/year to have the card and benefits seem pretty crappy.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #10121 on: October 13, 2017, 09:44:02 AM »
I'm not credit card savvy at all, but those are generally a scam.  They basically make you pay $500/year to have the card and benefits seem pretty crappy.
Thought so. Thanks! I'm fine with my 1 SW cc. So many free travels.  :cheers:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #10122 on: October 13, 2017, 09:49:48 AM »
60k SW miles have already posted  :billdance:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10123 on: October 13, 2017, 07:27:40 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10124 on: October 13, 2017, 07:29:27 PM »
mrs sd and I each have new sw chase plastic and are going to post both 60k for January. then both acquire through either spend or other sw cards the remaining 50k each and get DOUBLE companion passes so we can fly our giant brood around family style for basically nothing for 2 years.