Author Topic: Bars in the 'Ville  (Read 128159 times)

yoga-like_abana

Re: Bars in the 'Ville
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2010, 12:35:23 PM »
more details.  :horrorsurprise:

also that bar is quite possibly the lamest in aggieville.

Offline reidrolled

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2010, 01:49:22 PM »

dont remember the deets too well, but do remember a few things... it all started with reidrolleds gf thinking the bar was lame and making her own fun so she intentionally pushed a bottle off the table to see what would happen :dunno:.... it broke. the douchy doorguy was all  :angry: trying to figure out who broke it while he was cleaning up. right after he finished cleaning the first mess the whole gang pounded their beers and started smashing them one after another on the ground while laughing like the maniacs we are and daring anyone to come closer. The douchy door guy finally mustered up enough courage to approach and naturally chose the weakest looking one (dlew12)...... BIG MISTAKE, dlew12 grabbed the door guy and held a broken bottle to his neck while the rest of the gang ran out into the night. the zar bar sucks.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2010, 01:51:42 PM »

dont remember the deets too well, but do remember a few things... it all started with reidrolleds gf thinking the bar was lame and making her own fun so she intentionally pushed a bottle off the table to see what would happen :dunno:.... it broke. the douchy doorguy was all  :angry: trying to figure out who broke it while he was cleaning up. right after he finished cleaning the first mess the whole gang pounded their beers and started smashing them one after another on the ground while laughing like the maniacs we are and daring anyone to come closer. The douchy door guy finally mustered up enough courage to approach and naturally chose the weakest looking one (dlew12)...... BIG MISTAKE, dlew12 grabbed the door guy and held a broken bottle to his neck while the rest of the gang ran out into the night. the zar bar sucks.

yeah, when I heard dlew was involved I knew someone got a broken bottle held up to their neck.  It's his signature move. 

Offline ManBearPig

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2010, 02:24:23 PM »

yeah, when I heard dlew was involved I knew someone got a broken bottle held up to their neck.  It's his signature move. 

props to dlew... kept his head on a swivel
THE_ED'S STAYING ALIVE GAME CHAMPION

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2010, 02:39:31 PM »
I've found that broken bottles are the best choice in situations where guns aren't involved. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MeatSauce

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2010, 02:49:29 PM »
If any of you roll into this "Zar Bar" joint, and a 'tender named Cole is working, ask him what he's doing 'tending bar instead of blowing his Trust FUNd on coke and hookers in KC.  Guy is a total  :jerk: and a huge  :opcat: [ a real :opcat:]

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2010, 02:53:48 PM »
yeah, when I heard dlew was involved I knew someone got a broken bottle held up to their neck.  It's his signature move.  

goEMAW'r signature move thread?  I think I know yours, mine, Pete's and now dlew's.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2010, 02:54:01 PM »
saw dlew at uclapak. absolutely would not mess w/ him. very large, very intense individual.

:ohno: <------zarbardoorguy

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2010, 02:58:31 PM »
yeah, when I heard dlew was involved I knew someone got a broken bottle held up to their neck.  It's his signature move.  

goEMAW'r signature move thread?  I think I know yours, mine, Pete's and now dlew's.

good point, we would make a difficult to defend 4 on 4.  What do you prepare for?  You're guarding your neck for choke outs/bottle stabs and here I come to boot you in the nuts!

Offline reidrolled

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2010, 02:59:35 PM »
 dlew12 is the best human I know. We should have a thread dedicated to his greatness. Ill start, one time dlew12 threw up on a really lame nerds leg

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2010, 03:12:06 PM »

goEMAW'r signature move thread?  I think I know yours, mine, Pete's and now dlew's.

good point, we would make a difficult to defend 4 on 4.  What do you prepare for?  You're guarding your neck for choke outs/bottle stabs and here I come to boot you in the nuts!

And then there's Pete, seemingly calm, seemingly just wanting to diffuse the situation... BOOM, HEADBUTT TO THE NOSE!

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2010, 03:15:05 PM »
If any of you roll into this "Zar Bar" joint, and a 'tender named Cole is working, ask him what he's doing 'tending bar instead of blowing his Trust FUNd on coke and hookers in KC.  Guy is a total  :jerk: and a huge  :opcat: [ a real :opcat:]
Had to be the guy that was bartending Thursday. Never notice bartenders really, but him I was tempted to punch square in the nose.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2010, 03:16:43 PM »
Had to be the guy that was bartending Thursday. Never notice bartenders really, but him I was tempted to punch square in the nose.

y-l_a signature move?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2010, 03:29:44 PM »

goEMAW'r signature move thread?  I think I know yours, mine, Pete's and now dlew's.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2010, 03:58:02 PM »
My move is to try to defuse the situaton. :gocho:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2010, 04:11:25 PM »
My move is to try to defuse the situaton. :gocho:

Your buddy's move is to instantly announce he's a pacifist and won't be partaking in anything, eliminating any chance of the bigger group of guys thinking they didn't have quite as big of a numbers advantage.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2010, 06:44:15 PM »
For those "mature" enough to remember the drinking age at 18:

Best:

1) Sports-Fan-Attic. A sports bar before there were such things. Really hard to beat pitchers at 2-fer Tuesdays, 3-fer Wednesdays and 4-fer Thursdays prices. $10 would get you absolutely blasted.     :cheers:

2) Darkhorse.  Always a good mix of college and townies. Also a good place to catch an occasional drunk-out-of-their mind football player.     :thumbsup:

3) Brothers. The absolutely best place to observe some really strange crap. The concept of 5 cent beer Wednesdays was brilliant. Started at 5pm and continued until someone used the bathroom. Always enjoyed the occasional bikers showing up to kick some ass. Too bad You Tube didn't exist.     :runaway:

4) Rusty's. A generic place at the time. Good food at the time. Had a Chem professor that halted class and told everyone that it was drinking time and took us all there. It was a summer class, mind you, so it was a small crowd. It could get odd, at times, though when the cocaine started flowing late at night.     :eek:

Worst:

1) Kites.  Fraternity/Sorority types only.  

2) Mr. K's. Only thing to do there was to use the dance floor.

3) Mannequins. Just a really strange place.

4) Bushwackers. Pretty much the same as Mannequins.

6) Aunti Mae's. Pretty much a cellar with lights.

Mannequins?

Sounds amazing.  Please elaborate in detail!

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2010, 09:21:07 PM »
I might try out the Chili crawl tomorrow night or w/e. Seems interesting.

I did this a few years ago. It was a lot of fun. You will get full so try to hit up the best bars first.

Best:
Rock-a-Belly Deli
Coco Bolo's
Auntie Mae's

Worst:
Rusty's
Gumby's
Kite's

BWW was also pretty good, but they put their blazing sauce in the chili, so it was really hot.

well you were somewhat correct. Rusty's and Kite's definitely were one of the worst. Just bland chili. Gumby's didn't partake.

Auntie Mae's and Rock a belly didn't partake. Coco's green chili was amazing, their red, yuck. Bluestem Bistro's was the best imo. Porter's was good as well.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline reidrolled

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2010, 11:20:33 PM »
Sounds like u didnt get invited to the super awesome part bra

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2010, 11:35:25 PM »

I did this a few years ago. It was a lot of fun. You will get full so try to hit up the best bars first.

well you were somewhat correct. Rusty's and Kite's definitely were one of the worst. Just bland chili. Gumby's didn't partake.

Auntie Mae's and Rock a belly didn't partake. Coco's green chili was amazing, their red, yuck. Bluestem Bistro's was the best imo. Porter's was good as well.
Went to it, there was a ton of suck and a few good ones. Chili is so ridiculously easy to make but still most of them were able to screw it up. I agree with everything you said but to add on I though the loft was actually pretty decent as well, BWW was dog crap it looked like alpo and I almost assumed thats what it was. And texas star was like clam chowder almost, this must've been an attempt at white chili. Kites had a terrible seasoning it tasted like they used a beef jerky flavor but Rustys was def. the worst by far though, I couldn't even finish it.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2010, 12:01:08 AM »
That's rough ridin' weird.  Like you said, it's pretty hard to eff up chili.

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2010, 12:16:21 AM »
The new f*ck word filter is terribly Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2010, 01:16:57 AM »

Went to it, there was a ton of suck and a few good ones. Chili is so ridiculously easy to make but still most of them were able to screw it up. I agree with everything you said but to add on I though the loft was actually pretty decent as well, BWW was dog crap it looked like alpo and I almost assumed thats what it was. And texas star was like clam chowder almost, this must've been an attempt at white chili. Kites had a terrible seasoning it tasted like they used a beef jerky flavor but Rustys was def. the worst by far though, I couldn't even finish it.

Yes, The loft was in my top 3. Porters, you could taste the flavor, then bam, the heat. The loft, it was bam, heat, then flavor. I liked both. I was disappointed with BWW. Heard it was hot, waited in line for rough ridin' ever, only to get crap. Yeah the white chili was weird...i wouldn't call that chili. Pat's had potential, but there was too much going on.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2010, 10:44:13 AM »
ZarBar, night 2.  Manbearpig showed his signature move: destroying one of their neon window signs.  He's definitely, DEFINITELY, the muscle.

Let's start a gang.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2010, 11:25:15 AM »
ZarBar, night 2.  Manbearpig showed his signature move: destroying one of their neon window signs.  He's definitely, DEFINITELY, the muscle.

Let's start a gang.

:horrorsurprise: