Author Topic: Pissclams' HGTV Thread  (Read 11080 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Pissclams' HGTV Thread
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2014, 02:56:14 PM »
we should have done a goE doc./reality show about the building of the sd estate and the challenges we all faced in that thread. wow, what a show. would watch. wow.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2014, 03:02:53 PM »
Property Brothers is my favorite though. Love when they are showing the couple a house and they complain about the carpet. I mean WTF? Do you know what this show is about?

when i watch that show i wonder how much time that it took jonathan to do the software remodeling that he shows to the prospective buyers.  is that software easily accessible?  seems custom.  #data

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2014, 03:16:16 PM »
Is the property brothers' disgusting looking assy facial hair a canadian thing?  I mean are they just blinded by their cultural conditioning or do they know they look like crap with it?  Either way they should clean that up.  Maybe do a software simu on it. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2014, 03:17:17 PM »
Property Brothers is my favorite though. Love when they are showing the couple a house and they complain about the carpet. I mean WTF? Do you know what this show is about?

when i watch that show i wonder how much time that it took jonathan to do the software remodeling that he shows to the prospective buyers.  is that software easily accessible?  seems custom.  #data

I like when the software knocks down the old house stuff and it's all trashed and then it sweeps it aside and has the sounds.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2014, 03:18:21 PM »
great thread.  just some quick hitters-

love it or list it is really not much of a hgtv show, seems to me like it is more of a TLC show, just imo to any HGTV execs who might be reading

also really glad they got rid of holmes on homes, that guy was a cheesedick

really glad they got rid of sandra rinomato

underrated but great series?  genevieve's renovation

Holmes on Homes was his old show, Holmes Inspection was the newer one.

I enjoyed both of those shows but sometimes he would go a little overboard when repairing stuff.  "Oh what's that, this window is a little drafty?  Well I'd better just build a new 1000 square foot wing and install a new HVAC system and rewire your entire house since one of the walls is open anyway."

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2014, 03:19:31 PM »
I like when they first take them to their dream home, that's like 3x their budget. OMG I LOVE THIS HOUSE, WAIT WHAT? HEY WE CAN'T AFFORD THAT WHAT HECK, MAN?

Then the end up reno'ing some piece of crap that ends up nothing like their dream home.

What an absolute fraud those people are. Shameful.

Also, pretty sure they are magicians too, like for real. someone look that up. Royals.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2014, 03:20:35 PM »
"hey see this house? it's awesome and has absolutely everything you want. you really love it, huh? oh guess what? it costs 750k more than your budget so suck it losers. now let's go look at some dumps."

gets me every time.  :lol:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2014, 03:24:39 PM »
I could watch over a billion consecutive episodes of house hunters international

also, I think we had this thread already. or at least got into a serious discussion of the hgtv lineup. NEW LINEUP NEW THREAD THO!  :Woot:

HHI is kinda meh, unless the person/couple is absolutely loaded.  Too many of the "my job is relocating me to Budapest for 2 years, and I have $2000/mo to spend on rent."  "Great! Here's a 76 metres-squared flat that was renovated from an old bicycle shop, complete with it's own minifridge and single-burner cooktop." 

Or "We'd like a second home in Nicaragua to get away from the city and maybe our friends and families can come visit too!"  "Great, here's a 2 bedroom condo from the 80's built exclusively with plaster and tile.  It's a bit of a fixer-upper, but I'm sure importing quality materials and finding non-lazy local laborers to do the work on time and budget won't be an issue at all!  Plus, it can accomdate 4 whole people, and that might be the beach you can kinda see around that other ugly building!"

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2014, 03:25:00 PM »
Egypt does that too. Oh you want to live in Buckhead? look at this house. the lot this house was just built on was sold for 3x your budget and then they paid to build the house. lol let's go look at some garbage you idiots can afford.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2014, 03:26:35 PM »
I could watch over a billion consecutive episodes of house hunters international

also, I think we had this thread already. or at least got into a serious discussion of the hgtv lineup. NEW LINEUP NEW THREAD THO!  :Woot:

HHI is kinda meh, unless the person/couple is absolutely loaded.  Too many of the "my job is relocating me to Budapest for 2 years, and I have $2000/mo to spend on rent."  "Great! Here's a 76 metres-squared flat that was renovated from an old bicycle shop, complete with it's own minifridge and single-burner cooktop." 

Or "We'd like a second home in Nicaragua to get away from the city and maybe our friends and families can come visit too!"  "Great, here's a 2 bedroom condo from the 80's built exclusively with plaster and tile.  It's a bit of a fixer-upper, but I'm sure importing quality materials and finding non-lazy local laborers to do the work on time and budget won't be an issue at all!  Plus, it can accomdate 4 whole people, and that might be the beach you can kinda see around that other ugly building!"

sometimes I demand more backstory. like, "my wife and I are looking for a second home in Nice. we are 28 years old and our budget is 2.8 million dollars." you can't just say that and then go shopping for houses. I need to know where this green is coming from folks.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2014, 03:33:59 PM »
sometimes I demand more backstory. like, "my wife and I are looking for a second home in Nice. we are 28 years old and our budget is 2.8 million dollars." you can't just say that and then go shopping for houses. I need to know where this green is coming from folks.

Yes

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2014, 05:02:49 PM »

I like to guess the budget before they reveal it based on the appearance and mannerisms of the couple
emaw

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2014, 05:59:40 PM »
"hey see this house? it's awesome and has absolutely everything you want. you really love it, huh? oh guess what? it costs 750k more than your budget so suck it losers. now let's go look at some dumps."

gets me every time.  :lol:

Me too ricky d, me too  :D
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2014, 07:34:42 PM »
What I have learned from HGTV is that you are only ever allowed to look at three houses and you MUST make a decision on one of them.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2014, 07:40:00 PM »
Can't get enough of how the wife decorator lady on Fixer Upper always throws in some kind of bad artsy word decoration on the wall. Usually it's a carved wooden thing with script writing that says FAMILY or BLESS THIS HOME or whatever.  Very middle-America thing to do.  :love:

"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2014, 11:05:22 PM »

Also they love improve comedy and I think have their own little for fun improve troupe. Pretty sure I read that somewhere.

Their wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Property_brothers   :driving:

:D

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2014, 11:08:53 PM »
I love Flipping the Block.  What a concept.

Daryl's Restoration Over-Hall on DIY is a must see in our home.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2014, 11:56:04 PM »

Also they love improve comedy and I think have their own little for fun improve troupe. Pretty sure I read that somewhere.

Their wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Property_brothers   :driving:

:D

Posted that from....ready for this?.....INTERNET EXPLORER. Apparently it has a spellcheck and doesn't recognize improv? :confused:

Yep. I said it. Internet rough ridin' Explorer is what I used yesterday. Wut.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2014, 08:30:32 AM »

What makes Daryl Hall qualified to do a renovation show?

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2014, 09:30:32 AM »

What makes Daryl Hall qualified to do a renovation show?

He bought the house and other people do the work.

His smooth voice is great on the narration, too.

Confession: I'm actually a big Hall and Oates fan.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2014, 08:26:20 AM »
What I have learned from HGTV is that you are only ever allowed to look at three houses and you MUST make a decision on one of them.

We were watching Beachfront Bargain Hunt yesterday and...you won't believe it...they got to look at FOUR (yes, that's right 4) properties. Unprecedented.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2014, 08:51:05 AM »
I think in most of these shows they actually show them more than 3 houses for editing purposes they only use the top 3 choices.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2014, 08:55:46 AM »
I think in most of these shows they actually show them more than 3 houses for editing purposes they only use the top 3 choices.

What? These are supposed to be reality shows. I don't think they edit them.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2014, 09:30:15 AM »
Well, there was this from a couple of years ago.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/life/television/news/story/2012-06-13/house-hunters/55581842/1

Jensen also wrote, "They didn't even 'accept' us being a subject for the show until we closed on the house we were buying. So then when they decided to film our episode, we had to scramble to find houses to tour and pretend we were considering." She added, perhaps most surprisingly, that "the ones we looked at weren't even for sale

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2014, 10:55:51 AM »
here comes the property virgin lobby slandering the house hunters name.  get out of here with that false reporting.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.