Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 365730 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread
« Reply #3650 on: August 14, 2017, 07:20:07 AM »
I'm guessing not too many Westerosi lords care about Targ succession, any more than anybody but Stannis cared about Beratheon succession. Dany has the dragons. Cersei has the iron throne, the gold, and the allegiance of most lords (for now). Jon has the north. That's all that matters.

I'm guessing Jon's birthright is revealed by Sam making the connection once he somehow realizes the significance of what Gilly said.

By the way, very interesting developments for Sam this episode!

I liked that the writers inserted the "still rowing" fan joke for

Oooh Arya and Littlefinger play cat and mouse.... don't care. Littlefinger has possibly become the most boring character. Worse than Bran.
The "let's teleport Jon north of the wall and rendezvous with the hound" story all seems a bit overly contrived and stupid but we'll see.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline halfEmpty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: August 14, 2017, 07:59:23 AM »
Littlefinger is doing what he does best.  Weaseling around and trying to drive a wedge between Sansa and Arya.  I think he believes this is his last chance to get Sansa's ear again.  I believe they will eventually figure it out after some tense moments and Littlefinger's run will come to an end.  Good learning experience for Arya, finding out she's not the sneakiest little person in Westeros.

The jaunt north of the wall is foolish and Tyrion will once again be played by his sister.  She basically said as much to Jaime.  Love her or hate her, Cersei is still playing the game better than anyone.  Even if they are successful in capturing a wight, do they really think Cersei gives a rip?  Half of the group are destined to die in this little adventure.  Good way to kill off a few characters I suppose.  Question is who?  I doubt it is Gendry.  Why bring him back just to kill him off an episode later.  Although, I was surprised to see Dickon meet the business end of dragonfire so quickly.  But really, are we going to be blessed with an episode of them just dragging a wight around westoros to get everyone to believe them?

Speaking of Cersei.  If she has said baby, does that mean the prophecy will not entirely come true?  I'm guessing something happens before that baby pops out.

And on Gendry, I'm still puzzled at what part he has to play.  I still think he might eventually be a love interest for Arya if she can ever get out of beast-mode.

Oh Sam.  Thanks Gilly for the little tidbit.  Hopefully that was one of the books you brought with you as I'm sure it will be important later.  Alas, I don't think Jon finds out he is a Targaryan this season.  Next year I suppose.  Will the Northern Lords turn on him when he is discovered to be half Targ, and now apparently non-bastard Targ?  I still think Howland Reed has a story to tell, but with Bran pissing off Meera, maybe not any more.

And what about the Maester's inaction?  If all-seeing Bran really wanted to get their attention, why not send some cryptic message outlining private details of all of them, basically showing them, I can see what you do, now do you believe me?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: August 14, 2017, 08:41:03 AM »
Meera is in my top 3 crushes on the show. :love:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: August 14, 2017, 08:52:31 AM »
It's stupid that Jon Snow, the King of the North, is personally leading this expedition. But I think what makes this latest jaunt north of the Wall so annoying is that it shouldn't even be possible. Characters are traversing back and forth over the continent of Westeros in the blink of an eye, but the Night King, leading an army of the undead that can march without stop, still hasn't even reached the Wall. This army is so slow they were outpaced by a girl dragging a crippled kid on a sled.

Isn't there enough story left to tell without all this temporally implausible globetrotting?

And if Dany has already decided she needs an armistice to fight the undead, then why the hell doesn't she fly her happy ass up there, have Drogan grab up a wight, and bring back the proof? Nothing about this makes any sense.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: August 14, 2017, 08:58:14 AM »
With all this travel happening, there are like months between episodes so Cersei should be popping out the kid in the next episode. (If she is really pregnant and not playing Jaime.)

Hopefully the stupid Brothers without Banners members all die. Do they think they are just going to be able to go grab one wight and not have to face a huge group of them? WTF, Jon Snow knows nothing.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: August 14, 2017, 09:14:20 AM »
It would take like a week to sail from dragonstone to eastwatch, some of you people try to think too hard
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: August 14, 2017, 09:16:29 AM »
It would take like a week to sail from dragonstone to eastwatch, some of you people try to think too hard

How long does it take to get from Dragonstone to King's Landing? 5 minutes?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: August 14, 2017, 09:17:55 AM »
By boat? Probably half a day if that

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: August 14, 2017, 09:31:35 AM »
Also with 2 episodes left this season this episode was all set up for next week which is going to be amaze. No penultimate episode has not delivered. I'm p hype for it

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: August 14, 2017, 09:40:25 AM »
They could save a lot of time by just killing the drunk from the Brotherhood without banners and then bringing his body back home with them. Isn't that how they got the wight in Castle Black?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3660 on: August 14, 2017, 09:40:58 AM »
Yes

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: August 14, 2017, 09:47:02 AM »
They could save a lot of time by just killing the drunk from the Brotherhood without banners and then bringing his body back home with them. Isn't that how they got the wight in Castle Black?

I suggested this but Gooch says that the Night King has to raise up his hands for dead people to rise into wights. (ala what he did during the Hardhome battle)

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: August 14, 2017, 09:50:16 AM »

It looks to be about 250-300 miles on the maps I've found. Are you telling me that Davos/Tyrion can row at more than 30 miles per hour? Even when you add Gendry that seems a bit fast for a row boat.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: August 14, 2017, 09:50:35 AM »
Well Gooch forgot s1

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: August 14, 2017, 09:51:13 AM »

It looks to be about 250-300 miles on the maps I've found. Are you telling me that Davos/Tyrion can row at more than 30 miles per hour? Even when you add Gendry that seems a bit fast for a row boat.

You don't rowboat the whole way good grief smdh

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: August 14, 2017, 09:52:44 AM »

You don't rowboat the whole way good grief smdh

Well they should have because Cersei obviously saw whatever ship they took to get part way there.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: August 14, 2017, 09:53:15 AM »
No negative consequences

Offline halfEmpty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: August 14, 2017, 12:21:59 PM »
I had made note of how long it was taking the army of the dead to move on Eastwatch last week.  The only thing that I can think of is they are still unable to pass because of the wall's magic, and are waiting for events to fall into place where they can bypass the magic/destroy the wall with a special weapon/etc...  maybe we'll find out in the last 2 episodes if that is the case and they need something they don't have yet to get through the wall.

I saw a table of the distance between KL and dragonstone was closer to 100/150 miles.  probably take  a ship half a day to a day to make that trip.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: August 14, 2017, 12:26:25 PM »
you know the show sucks when the most lively conversation is people trying to figure out how long it takes to sail a boat from town to town, my god

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: August 14, 2017, 12:40:20 PM »
Stop watching then

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: August 14, 2017, 12:42:17 PM »
It's like watching a B-movie and enjoying it for it being a B-movie at this point

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: August 14, 2017, 01:07:15 PM »
Why are so many people confused by the time sequencing in the show?  Goodness gracious.  There are plenty of things to be confused about.  But, a cutaway scene of Jon Snow in Dragonstone transitioning into a scene 10 seconds later of Jon Snow at gates of the wall, does not mean the writers intended for you to believe Jon Snow's journey to the wall occurred in 10 seconds.  This general rule applies across all cinema, FYI.   

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: August 14, 2017, 01:15:26 PM »
I don't get it either. I also don't get how hard it is to pull up a map and look at how far KL is from Dragonstone.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: August 14, 2017, 01:28:07 PM »
I don't get it either. I also don't get how hard it is to pull up a map and look at how far KL is from Dragonstone.

Uh, yeah that's what I did.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: August 14, 2017, 01:48:08 PM »
I get that stories and timelines are being spliced and interwoven, but the storylines are also interconnected and related to certain events, so at some point it gets a little ridiculous that Jon Snow has now voyaged from Winterfell to Dragonstone and now all the damn way back up to Eastwatch. He's really racking up the reward points, so to speak. Hopefully he's staying at Wyndham properties.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 01:52:25 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »