Author Topic: Kansas City things  (Read 983104 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City things
« Reply #7875 on: August 09, 2017, 01:17:49 PM »
Phil, i am still of the mind that the northland wildlings think the extension will take money out of their paychecks. if they knew all it meant was an extra 5 cents on their Yardhouse tab during the b12 tourney, i doubt they would gaf

Maybe they just don't want other parts of the city to get nice things.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7876 on: August 09, 2017, 01:23:43 PM »
increased sales tax in midtown does not affect 2n kenn living in a split level next to the metro north mall parking lot.

how does this even make sense to you?  sales taxes have nothing to do with where you live. 
. . .

So, any place a sales tax exists, individuals should be granted a vote?  I don't think this was your intended angle when you started railing this morning.  try again.     

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7877 on: August 09, 2017, 01:25:46 PM »
increased sales tax in midtown does not affect 2n kenn living in a split level next to the metro north mall parking lot.

how does this even make sense to you?  sales taxes have nothing to do with where you live. 
. . .

So, any place a sales tax exists, individuals should be granted a vote?  I don't think this was your intended angle when you started railing this morning.  try again.     
fix your rough ridin' photobucket pictures, downgrade

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7878 on: August 09, 2017, 01:26:09 PM »
elections are great, unless my side loses them, then they're illegal!

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7879 on: August 09, 2017, 01:31:31 PM »
Phil, i am still of the mind that the northland wildlings think the extension will take money out of their paychecks. if they knew all it meant was an extra 5 cents on their Yardhouse tab during the b12 tourney, i doubt they would gaf
I agree with you.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7880 on: August 09, 2017, 01:32:17 PM »
elections are great, unless my side loses them, then they're illegal!
Even the petition backers admit it's illegal.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7881 on: August 09, 2017, 01:34:38 PM »
What is illegal about it, Phil?

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7882 on: August 09, 2017, 01:39:14 PM »

here's a list of all special tax districts that have been created in Jackson, Clay, and Platte Counties.  http://kcmo.gov/tax/wp-content/uploads/sites/60/2017/03/SalesandUseTaxRates2017.pdf

There are about 50 of them.  The ability to created TDDs and CIDs is created by statute.  can you imagine if the Shoal Creek Parkway TDD was open to a city-wide vote?  No, you probably can't imagine this, nor would you want this.  Because the concept is rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  If you don't want your money going to the TDD, don't spend your money in the TDD.  simple.  If you don't want your hard earned nickel (literally about a nickel) going to the Tremont Square TDD in Platte County (whatever the hell this is), don't spend your money in Tremont Square. 

« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 01:49:30 PM by Belvis Noland »

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7883 on: August 09, 2017, 01:47:57 PM »
What is illegal about it, Phil?

It's illegal for 2 basic reasons.  First, you can't amend, modify, or eradicate a state statute through the use of a municipal petition drive.  The creation of TDDs and the process of limiting votes to residents/property owners within the TDD is statutorily permissible.  The only way to change this reality is to change the statute.  Secondly, there is no statutory mechanism for penalizing city employees for doing what state statute requires/enables them to do. 

long story short, if you don't like TDDs/CIDs, change the law in Jeff City.  Any effort to change the law in City Hall is futile. 

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7884 on: August 09, 2017, 01:51:30 PM »
PS - all of this illegal petition drive nonsense is entirely irrelevant to the TDD that was already created for the streetcar expansion to Union Station!  All Aboard!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7885 on: August 09, 2017, 01:56:07 PM »
elections, if my side wins, they're great.  otherwise i do everything i can to ensure that my side still wins, it's the slyin' way.

here's a list of all special tax districts that have been created in Jackson, Clay, and Platte Counties.  There are about 50 of them.  The ability to created TDDs and CIDs is created by statute.  can you imagine if the Shoal Creek Parkway TDD was open to a city-wide vote?  No, you probably can't imagine this, nor would you want this.  Because the concept is rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  If you don't want your money going to the TDD, don't spend your money in the TDD.  simple.  If you don't want your hard earned nickel (literally about a nickel) going to the Tremont Square TDD in Platte County (whatever the hell this is), don't spend your money in Tremont Square. 

you just compared the tremont square development to the streetcar expansion which tells me that either you can't discern why there's a difference between the two or that you're just ignoring the reason why it's an invalid comparison.  either way, at this point i'm OK knowing that you don't agree with me  :lol:

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7886 on: August 09, 2017, 01:57:56 PM »
elections, if my side wins, they're great.  otherwise i do everything i can to ensure that my side still wins, it's the slyin' way.

here's a list of all special tax districts that have been created in Jackson, Clay, and Platte Counties.  There are about 50 of them.  The ability to created TDDs and CIDs is created by statute.  can you imagine if the Shoal Creek Parkway TDD was open to a city-wide vote?  No, you probably can't imagine this, nor would you want this.  Because the concept is rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  If you don't want your money going to the TDD, don't spend your money in the TDD.  simple.  If you don't want your hard earned nickel (literally about a nickel) going to the Tremont Square TDD in Platte County (whatever the hell this is), don't spend your money in Tremont Square. 

you just compared the tremont square development to the streetcar expansion which tells me that either you can't discern why there's a difference between the two or that you're just ignoring the reason why it's an invalid comparison.  either way, at this point i'm OK knowing that you don't agree with me  :lol:

What's invalid about the comparison, other than the size of the TDD? 

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7887 on: August 09, 2017, 02:01:19 PM »

ps, voters like you, not Sly James, are literally the embodiment of what you just posted.  the TDD was an election.  Expansion won.  guys like you can't stand it.  start petition drive to invalidate the process.  your position on this is laughable. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7888 on: August 09, 2017, 02:04:49 PM »
I think the petition winning a city-wide vote is no small thing.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7889 on: August 09, 2017, 02:54:50 PM »

ps, voters like you, not Sly James, are literally the embodiment of what you just posted.  the TDD was an election.  Expansion won.  guys like you can't stand it.  start petition drive to invalidate the process.  your position on this is laughable. 

illegal election!

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7890 on: August 09, 2017, 02:55:40 PM »
some men just want to watch the world not get new stuff

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7891 on: August 09, 2017, 03:16:26 PM »
Not illegal really, it just has no bearing on the streetcar process at all because the process used is exempt from this stupid petition crap
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7892 on: August 09, 2017, 03:35:55 PM »

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7893 on: August 09, 2017, 03:37:22 PM »
laws are great, unless my side loses, then laws at stupid!  - Pissclams 8/9/2017

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #7894 on: August 10, 2017, 08:50:24 AM »

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7895 on: August 13, 2017, 02:27:29 AM »
Dyk Kelly's has a rooftop now? I learned that 2nite

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7896 on: August 13, 2017, 08:18:10 AM »
Dyk Kelly's has a rooftop now? I learned that 2nite

Welcome to 2013

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7897 on: August 13, 2017, 09:14:45 AM »
Kelly's is dead to me.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7898 on: August 13, 2017, 11:03:29 AM »
Everyone there looked like a little baby

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7899 on: August 13, 2017, 11:10:33 AM »
Kelly's is dead to me.

As one who spend a better part of a decade in the back of Kellys and celebrated going to the 2015 world series there, allow me to expand on this....

1) bringing in annoyingly loud live music replacing the great soundtrack they used to have.a
2) related to 1...cover charge
3) got rid of the paper cups for plastic
4) backed SMART anti-transit bs people
5) Claiming westport is so dangerous the city has to give them the streets, for free
6) the new pop a shot machine is trash