Author Topic: Plan SB's Elite Vision Quest Through Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho  (Read 109839 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: Plan SB's Elite Vision Quest Through Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2013, 08:04:07 AM »
You bet your ass that's Dauber.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2013, 10:49:04 AM »
   Maybe hangout with the Hutterites for a while

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2013, 10:53:36 AM »

eff yes.  Two years ago we got invited to a Hutterite pig roast.  Got drunk with them.  One of them comes up to me and my buddy and asks us to have sex with his daughters.  We were like  :sdeek:.  They need diverse genetics I guess. 

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2013, 10:56:51 AM »

Frankenklein is like an incredible pinch hitter on the team that is this gE blog.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2013, 09:25:00 PM »
Porky Morgan do you go to shows at the Big Sky Brewery a lot? I really want to go to one of the concerts in their summer schedule but I don't think it's going to work out with MY schedule. :frown: Will definitely go to Missoula though. Looks super elite. I've done nothing at work the last few days except do Google image searches of Montana, pretty much.

:love:

Also I think I'm going to get super duper wasted in Missoula at some point. I love getting hamboned in new places and meeting weirdo strangers at bars and stuff. 'Paktime.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 09:38:05 PM by SkinnyBenny »

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2013, 09:54:56 PM »
If you go to Missoula you should then take the pass over to Kelly Creek in Idaho.  Supposed to be some of the best scenery in the country.  Very remote, great camping.  If that sounds interesting I'll get some more deetz.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2013, 09:57:07 PM »
If you go to Missoula you should then take the pass over to Kelly Creek in Idaho.  Supposed to be some of the best scenery in the country.  Very remote, great camping.  If that sounds interesting I'll get some more deetz.

EXTREMELY INTERESTING!  :excited: :excited:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2013, 10:11:14 PM »

Frankenklein is like an incredible pinch hitter on the team that is this gE blog.

I honestly had never heard of Hutterites until that post. Really interesting stuff...

During World War I, the pacifist Hutterites suffered persecution in the United States. In the most severe case, four Hutterite men subjected to military draft who refused to comply were imprisoned and physically abused. Ultimately, two of the four men, the brothers Joseph and Michael Hofer, died at Leavenworth Military Prison from mistreatment, after the Armistice had been signed ending the war.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2013, 10:28:28 PM »
:excited:
Pak'y Morgan?

Indeed. PM me as you get close and I'll be full of insidery tips and microbrew adventure plans.
If this goEMAW encounter happens, that name must be changed. Mods, stay tuned.
says "dobber"  :lol:
  :bang: :bang:I AIN'T ASKIN' TO CHANGE MY NAME! IT WAS A STUPID CHOICE AND THAT HAS BEEN COVERED ALREADY!!!!! :curse: :curse:

Pffffffftt  :lol:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 10:32:40 PM by Bloodfart »

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Plan SB's Elite Vision Quest Through Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2013, 10:36:37 PM »

EXTREMELY INTERESTING!  :excited: :excited:

PorkyMissoulaCat do you know anything about this?  Never done it before but heard from several it is elite.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2013, 10:44:40 PM »
It's Lolo Pass.  Same one Lewis and Clark took on their way to the ocean. 

Obviously you should watch A River Runs Through It and Legends of the Fall like a hundred times before your trip to get you psyched up.   :excited:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2013, 10:58:46 PM »

Obviously you should watch A River Runs Through It and Legends of the Fall like a hundred times before your trip to get you psyched up.   :excited:

I'll probably just watch Coneheads for the 900th time.  I can only assume Idaho looks a lot like Remulak. :dunno:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2013, 11:43:57 PM »

I'll probably just watch Coneheads for the 900th time.  I can only assume Idaho looks a lot like Remulak. :dunno:

eff it. Have an upvote.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Plan SB's Elite Vision Quest Through Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2013, 09:57:45 AM »
So do I fly with a tent? :confused:

Offline porky morgan

• Not the real Porky Morgan
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2013, 10:40:32 AM »
Best bar to meet diverse people and get wasted (good cajun food too): Charlie B's
http://www.yelp.com/biz/charlies-bar-missoula
Big Sky Concert series: yes, saw Wilco there last summer. Another good concert series is the annual Roots Fest (august?), where they close off downtown streets, bring in good acts for the outdoor stages, food trucks, beers, good times. An everyday kind of good local music venue is the Top Hat.
Kelly Creek: Yes! A favorite! Stupid good cutthroat trout fly fishing. If you go, hike upstream from the end of the road to fish. Not that close though-two hours away at least. Some other good camping and fishing options are closer, like Rock Creek.
Lolo creek/pass: nice drive, a couple of decent natl forest campgrounds, and a good hot springs place at the top, great place to get in a shower and soak if you've been camping and feeling all grimy and stuff. Also, if you go on over the pass the Lochsa river beautiful and decent fishing for smaller cutties and has cool rope bridges and a trail to a remote hot springs where people get nekkid (Jerry Johnson Hot Springs.)

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2013, 10:54:21 AM »
So do I fly with a tent? :confused:

UPS to first destination.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2013, 10:59:18 AM »
Flying with a tent isn't a big deal. Just put it in a checked bag.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2013, 11:15:47 AM »
This is gonna make me want to move to Wyoming, Montana, or Idaho, isn't it?  :frown:

Also I really wish I knew jack crap about fishing. Seems like maybe I'll just buy some cheap pole when I get there and just give it the ol' college try. Assuming I can figure out how to put a line on my fishing rod then I'll probably catch all the fish.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 11:43:43 AM by SkinnyBenny »

Offline porky morgan

• Not the real Porky Morgan
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2013, 11:43:32 AM »
This is gonna make me want to move to Wyoming, Montana, or Idaho, isn't it?  :frown:

Probably so...I meant to mention to you that you absolutely should rent a cabin from one of the national forests. There are several old fire lookouts on top of mountains, with 360 views and incredible night skies with a jillion shooting stars. Very vision quest-y. And about $30 a night! Here is one to get you started, but by all means start investigating this now, as they book up pretty fast.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/lolo/recreation/camping-cabins/recarea/?recid=10271&actid=101

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2013, 11:44:29 AM »

Probably so...I meant to mention to you that you absolutely should rent a cabin from one of the national forests. There are several old fire lookouts on top of mountains, with 360 views and incredible night skies with a jillion shooting stars. Very vision quest-y. And about $30 a night! Here is one to get you started, but by all means start investigating this now, as they book up pretty fast.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/lolo/recreation/camping-cabins/recarea/?recid=10271&actid=101

They have these in the Misty Fjords of Alaska and I have ALWAYS WANTED TO DO IT! T-y Porky Morgan for all your invaluable advice itt.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2013, 01:04:36 PM »
Flights booked into and back out of Denver. Trip will be from June 6th to June 20th. Gonna go see Uhh Yeah Dude live in Denver at the beginning of the trip and then a show at Red Rocks at the end. Between? A whole bunch of other elite crap in WY/ID/MONT. :billdance: :dance: