Author Topic: Planning weddings  (Read 86483 times)

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Planning weddings
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2013, 12:54:40 PM »
Put all of your effort into the reception and honeymoon.  No one remembers the wedding ceremony.  We have been married for 13 years and people who attended our reception still bring it up in rando conversations.
@mikec2w

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2013, 01:03:11 PM »
it's a day for your lady, not really for you, so just let her do it all and act happy as crap at every detail so that she thinks she's doing it right.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2013, 01:48:26 PM »
as someone who recently celebrated my 25th wedding anniversary to my beautiful bride and mother to 6 beautiful babies, i would tell you to just slow down.  take a deep breath.  remember, this is her day, a day she's been dreaming of since the time she was a little girl. 

sit back and ask yourself, what can i do in my life to make her life better and easier?  and congrats big guy!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2013, 02:10:37 PM »
SkinBen is totally gonna get laid amirite?!
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2013, 02:12:25 PM »
No one remembers the wedding ceremony.

unless it is long and awful

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2013, 02:13:33 PM »
No one remembers the wedding ceremony.

unless it is long and awful

^^^^Truth
@mikec2w

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Planning weddings
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2013, 01:42:28 AM »
Ceremony will be less than fifteen minutes because she LOLs at religion so my cuz is gonna get an internet ordainment thingy and it'll be real short and we'll probably get weird.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2013, 07:58:50 AM »
I'm already internet ordained and there's a good chance I won't have anything I'd rather do that weekend.  So, just putting that out there. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2013, 08:55:16 AM »
I'm already internet ordained and there's a good chance I won't have anything I'd rather do that weekend.  So, just putting that out there.

OPEN BAR!!!!

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2013, 09:13:42 AM »
Ceremony will be less than fifteen minutes because she LOLs at religion so my cuz is gonna get an internet ordainment thingy and it'll be real short and we'll probably get weird.

Sounds baller AF

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Planning weddings
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2013, 09:32:13 AM »
Emo EMAW do you live in New Orleans?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2013, 09:38:58 AM »
Emo EMAW do you live in New Orleans?

No but have miles will travel?

Offline Willesgirl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2013, 10:57:05 AM »
my wife and my mother did it all.

Women live for this crap. Just let them take care of it. None of it makes any difference to you.

I effing hate it. Someone calls me every single day with some crap I don't give a eff about. I picked roses, because there won't be much "in season" on my day. And the florist now calls me like once a week to inquire about do I want deep red, blood red, bright red, super soppy pink red. And then my maid of honor calls me daily -- not to talk about friend stuff -- but who I want to invite to showers and can I find their addresses. What bridal shower games do I want... UM Effing NONE. Etc.
I'm two seconds from just using the justice of the peace.

Full disclosure: I don't think I'm a "normal" girl.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2013, 10:59:01 AM »

Women live for this crap. Just let them take care of it. None of it makes any difference to you.

I effing hate it. Someone calls me every single day with some crap I don't give a eff about. I picked roses, because there won't be much "in season" on my day. And the florist now calls me like once a week to inquire about do I want deep red, blood red, bright red, super soppy pink red. And then my maid of honor calls me daily -- not to talk about friend stuff -- but who I want to invite to showers and can I find their addresses. What bridal shower games do I want... UM Effing NONE. Etc.

You should make sure your gown isn't too tight so your balls don't chafe, fanning.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2013, 10:59:51 AM »

Most guys feel exactly like this.  It seems you guys are spending a bunch of money for nothing.  Also, no one other than your mom and the grandparents care about the ceremony.

If I were you, I would spend that money on a sweet honeymoon, actually get married on said honeymoon, then throw a reception when you get back for fam/friends.  From a guy's perspective, that is the ideal wedding.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2013, 11:07:39 AM »

Most guys feel exactly like this.  It seems you guys are spending a bunch of money for nothing.  Also, no one other than your mom and the grandparents care about the ceremony.

If I were you, I would spend that money on a sweet honeymoon, actually get married on said honeymoon, then throw a reception when you get back for fam/friends.  From a guy's perspective, that is the ideal wedding.

Threesome with a bridesmaid. :fatty:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2013, 03:58:27 PM »
TIP: if you buy your own kegs, either buy new taps or test the ones from the liquor store to make sure they work. We got 3 kegs and got mumped because 2 of the rental taps were broken.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2013, 04:14:04 PM »
1.  find kickass venues that do everything for you
2.  let woman take care of colors and decorating and crap
3.  find photog/caterer
4.  have wedding

easy as crap
emaw

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2013, 12:25:48 AM »
3.  find photog/caterer
4.  have wedding

easy as crap

1. Did it
2. Doing it
3. How much do people typically spend on this? OK Cat? / Don't need a caterer because it comes with the place.
4. In about a year.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2013, 08:15:51 AM »
I don't remember what my photographer charged, but I do remember he was very expensive.

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2013, 08:45:48 AM »
Spend the money on a good photographer, day goes so fast and you get so drunk, you want good pictures to jog your memory.  Price depends on where you are, but $1000 ish probably about in the ballpark.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2013, 08:51:34 AM »
Top two expenses at my wedding were food and photog.

the two combined made up like 75% of the cost.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2013, 10:35:28 AM »
3.  find photog/caterer
4.  have wedding

easy as crap

1. Did it
2. Doing it
3. How much do people typically spend on this? OK Cat? / Don't need a caterer because it comes with the place.
4. In about a year.

if you're in kc there's a guy named jim powers who does engagement/wedding session for $850 total.  my coworker used him and he's awesome.  I booked him about a week ago.  he gives you a two hour engagement session anywhere in the metro area.  for the ceremony he shows up at 8 AM and doesn't leave until midnight.  takes great pics...just an older dude who doesn't charge much because he doesn't need to.

my coworker said that when he was done at the end of the night, he just handed them a DVD with 4400 pictures on it.   :sdeek:

obviously pretty basic service but you can save a ton of money by just taking his copyright released pics and making them into albums, frames, etc., using online services.

he's also super laid back.  asked him if he needed a deposit and he was like, "naw, just pay me on the day of the wedding, it's whatev."  I get the sense he just loves taking pics and would do it for free if asked.

http://jimbobp.com/
emaw

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2013, 02:38:10 PM »
3.  find photog/caterer
4.  have wedding

easy as crap

1. Did it
2. Doing it
4. In about a year.

omg f u

but you're probably looking at a grand at minimum.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2013, 02:42:55 PM »
Man, I need to qualify my last post.  I was married in 2002 and then a large part of the expense was a min quantity of pic's being purchased  :sdeek: since the digital camera age wasn't very high quality back then.

Jesus, this post makes me feel super old. 

:facepalm: