Author Topic: handyman-ness  (Read 135301 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: handyman-ness
« Reply #250 on: August 28, 2014, 07:39:10 AM »
Same on the teee work and gutters.  Also have 300' of edging I am going to make a couple huge planter beds in my back yard with.  Then get several truck loads of mulch.  Going to be a tiring next couple days.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 28, 2014, 09:24:17 AM »
anyone ever done spray freon thing for your car.  NO AC!

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 28, 2014, 09:31:12 AM »
right when we bought the house we removed the popcorn ceilings and refinished and painted the ceilings. it was a huge bitch. we also thought we would paint everything right off the bat so we splattered paint all over the other walls. but now it's months later and we have only actually finished one room.

once you move your in your couch, tv, and internet, it gets really hard to want to do anything.

may take a crack at the rubber toilet flapper things tonight :ohno:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 28, 2014, 09:38:55 AM »
When you guys travel does your wife manage to break at least one thing?  I swear to eff.  Always come home to broken crap.  She freely admits it only happens when I leave, too.  :curse:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 28, 2014, 09:45:32 AM »
This summer I had to replace a sewage pump that went bad in my basement. Not a fun job.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: August 28, 2014, 09:57:51 AM »
However, building the fire pit, planters, and deck was quite enjoyable.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 28, 2014, 10:00:49 AM »
:thumbs:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 28, 2014, 10:14:20 AM »
When you guys travel does your wife manage to break at least one thing?  I swear to eff.  Always come home to broken crap.  She freely admits it only happens when I leave, too.  :curse:

Yes, and this exactly describes my feeling every time I get that phone call.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 28, 2014, 10:20:10 AM »

Maybe if you guys would get the stuff done that she asked you to do and she didn't have to try to do it herself while you are gone then she wouldn't break stuff.  :dunno:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 28, 2014, 10:37:49 AM »

Maybe if you guys would get the stuff done that she asked you to do and she didn't have to try to do it herself while you are gone then she wouldn't break stuff.  :dunno:

These breaks aren't because she tried to fix something, it's because of some other reason neither of us can figure out.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 28, 2014, 10:54:18 AM »
Right, I can't really blame her for a lot of the crap that happens - but it can't be coincidence that it always happens when I'm (rarely) out of town. AC goes out, garage door gets stuck, disposal gets jammed, ceiling fan starts rattling, dryer breaks, etc.

Owning a home has definitely made me more handy - I can fix pretty much all of it except the AC stuff.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 28, 2014, 11:03:14 AM »
I'm guessing that similar stuff happens when you are there but it is not a big deal because you just fix it real quick. When you are not there to fix it right away that is when it is more of a pain and you are really noting the occurrences.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 28, 2014, 11:04:37 AM »
Meh, we (guys) break plenty of stuff too or it breaks on our watch. Pretty nitpicky to the significant other to get upset about it. JMHO.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 28, 2014, 11:04:55 AM »
I'm guessing that similar stuff happens when you are there but it is not a big deal because you just fix it real quick. When you are not there to fix it right away that is when it is more of a pain and you are really noting the occurrences.

We keep a log book so I'll have to look.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 28, 2014, 11:05:45 AM »
Meh, we (guys) break plenty of stuff too or it breaks on our watch. Pretty nitpicky to the significant other to get upset about it. JMHO.

I'm not mad about it, at least not mad at her.  I'm mad at the gods for always doing this!  :shakesfist:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 28, 2014, 11:07:14 AM »
I've mowed my own yard about 10 times now. in a row.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 28, 2014, 11:22:13 AM »
I've mowed my own yard about 10 times now. in a row.

the worst is that I always get done before she gets home from work so she has no idea how sweaty I got or how long it took.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 28, 2014, 11:23:37 AM »
sometimes my wife will mow the yard just for some exercise If I go to the grocery store!

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 28, 2014, 11:46:27 AM »
Replaced a broken electrical plug on a mixer, the wife was appropriately impressed
I'm purple down

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 28, 2014, 12:39:04 PM »

Agreed. Not a big deal... because I fix it. I should (not) tell my wife this.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: August 28, 2014, 01:06:40 PM »
sometimes my wife will mow the yard just for some exercise If I go to the grocery store!

I don't think I have ever mowed a lawn in my life except for when I used to drive around on our riding lawn mower as kid, but that was more for fun.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 28, 2014, 01:52:54 PM »
Welp... too rainy/humid to do anything outside today. Tree will live until at least tomorrow (the half that's alive anyway).

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 28, 2014, 01:58:49 PM »
Welp... too rainy/humid to do anything outside today. Tree will live until at least tomorrow (the half that's alive anyway).
Probably the wrong the thread to be giving out T & O (turf and ornamental) advice, but don't try to transplant a tree that isn't healthy in the month of August. Wait until end of Sept or first of Oct. (assuming you live in KS)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 28, 2014, 01:59:58 PM »
Probably the wrong the thread to be giving out T & O (turf and ornamental) advice, but don't try to transplant a tree that isn't healthy in the month of August. Wait until end of Sept or first of Oct. (assuming you live in KS)

What about transplanting to the firewood pile?

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 28, 2014, 02:02:43 PM »

What about transplanting to the firewood pile?
Oh crap. This is two days in a row of drinking for me and I am just rough ridin' worthless.